Couldn't Think - from January 2024

12346»

Comments

• That article is a week old and there has been varying conflicting reports since.
  • That Timo Werner couldn’t hit a bovine backside with a stringed instrument could he?
    Cue Verner hatrick.
  • edited April 13
    Guess want Spurs in this one .Going to wash my mouth out now
  • steve said:

Guess want Spurs in this one .Going to wash my mouth out now

Looks like you can use your red to do the job. 😂
  • I have just read about Chelsea spending 75m on agents fees last year.

I am not sure how agents work at present and if any rules apply to the payment of them but surely one obvious ways to clean up the game financially is to make a rule that an agent can only be paid from the party that instructs them. This means players would be more discriminating agents fees. It may of course be added to signing on fees but at least that would prevent agents extorting clubs directly.

I recognise their value in negotiating the best deal for their player but I am not sure why a club would pay their fee for doing so. It would need rules to be uniform across the various associations of course.
  • I thought new rules and regulations were coming in that would restrict what agents could demand for themselves.

I do find it ridiculous that a club has to pay the agent that is basically working against them in the negotiations in a player purchase. Imo, if a player has an agent to act on his behalf, then the player, and the player alone, should be responsible for any and all payments to the agent.
  • How dodgy does this look?

• How embarrassing, their effort level was like the goalkeepers who deliberately let in the mascots penalty at half time and get a cheer for a bit of fun, a loss of dignity for all involved in that race.
  • That can only have come from the planet dodgy
  • FA have moved Cup Final kick off time from 5:30pm to 3pm (again) on the advice of "the clubs, local authority, members of the safety advisory group and broadcasters"
  • Annoying that Emery has extended his contract at Villa. I was hoping Bayern or Barcelona might go for him
  • edited April 23

Annoying that Emery has extended his contract at Villa. I was hoping Bayern or Barcelona might go for him

I’d rather the Villa job wasn’t available while we’re after Amorim
  • Whoever comes in needs to be given time, he's going to inherit a small, old squad that needs at least 10 new players which he's not likely to get. For all of Moyes's achievements here, developing a decent squad for anything other than the season at hand is definitely not one of them.
  • Freddie Potts has won Player of the Season at his loan club, Wycombe Wanderers 👏👏👏.
  • Antonio talking about his podcast and reacting to Keane's comments...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/c51npjrxvreo
  • Bazshuayi said:

Antonio talking about his podcast and reacting to Keane's comments...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/c51npjrxvreo

Being as old as I am, I certainly can see Keane's POV, and while it's true things are different now I still wish Antonio wasn't doing this while he's at our club, especially with some of the rubbish he comes out with.
  • Keane's definitely not someone I'd like to listen to so I am glad I dont have Sky in USA. It doesnt even matter what he says, he's just not a pundit that inspires anything positive in me.

Whilst Antonio does say some things I'd rather he didnt, I still like him and he's a player who has been at the club a long time. So he can say some dumb stuff periodically and Keane can do one
  • edited April 26
    Andy Carroll joined SC Amiens (12th in Ligue 2) on a free in September, 4 goals in 33 appearances and...

...injured his knee two weeks ago
  • Almost made it to the end of the season.
  • Almost ,could off ,would have, story of poor Andy's football life
  • Looks like Leicester could well be promoted this evening, they will be if Leeds lose tonight and they're currently 3-0 down at QPR.
  • When Andy was on fire and had at least one leg to stand on I really liked watching him. Some players are just made of glass and he's defintely the go to for that. A real shame
  • edited April 27
    During our tie against Leverskusan I was of the opinion that they really were not that special and it's a lot of hype, I remain convinced of that. A part of that hype is regard this unbeaten run which to my view includes very few results of note, in fact only ONE. They are keeping it going by the string of their teeth however as against Dortmund last week they were losing and got an almost last kick of the game equaliser, they have done the same today against Stuttgart. I am not so superstitious but it does look like someone is looking out for them, when you add to it the nature of equalising against us I am convinced of it.

Maybe a little help from the ref this time also as there were five minutes of injury time yet they seem to have scored in the 96th minute.
  • You cant be lucky for 45 or so games.
  • Their feat is one of consistency not of quality, they have one stand out result which is to have beat Bayern Munich 3-0 other than that hardly anything to shout about. Most commentators use this unbeaten run to suggest we have a new force in European football. I think we have more of a Leicester city season.

We shall see next season!
  • edited April 28
    Our ladies survive relegation with 2 games to spare as Bristol City's fate is sealed with a 4-0 defeat at home to Man City.
  • Definitely no 5th Champions League place for the PL:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/clw0zgg925do
  • Seems a nice young lad, and his loan obviously worked out really well for all parties concerned, guessing we might send others there in seasons to come: