Couldn't Think - from January 2024

Comments

• And got the assist for Brazil's first goal

Lots of praise from the Brazilian press for his performance here and in the first game against Costa Rica

Good for him
  • New kit officially launched:

https://www.whufc.com/news/wear-greatness-west-ham-united-unveil-202425-home-kit

Imo it's one of the best kits we've had recently, it's just a shame we've got the horrible green of the sleeve sponsor on it; surely we coulda pressed for the logo in a more appropriate colour?
  • Yeah, it would be nice if these brands would blend in more to the style of the kit. But, I really like it - I might even buy it (without the quickbooks logo).

I also really like the fact that Kudus is front and centre of the promotional materials.
  • New kit officially launched:

https://www.whufc.com/news/wear-greatness-west-ham-united-unveil-202425-home-kit

Imo it's one of the best kits we've had recently, it's just a shame we've got the horrible green of the sleeve sponsor on it; surely we coulda pressed for the logo in a more appropriate colour?

That green logo is truly awful - are they colour blind?
  • The whole idea of an advertising logo is that it’s seen and it is.
  • edited July 3

The whole idea of an advertising logo is that it’s seen and it is.

Yeah, but at least the betway logo is white, one of our standard colours.
  • I see that the photos were taken in Pellici's in Bethnal Green Rd, a place well worth visiting if you're in the area, just for the deco alone.
  • Pellici's is gorgeous, Grade II listed, exterior/interior dates back to 1946 and the food is good too
  • alderz said:

Yeah, it would be nice if these brands would blend in more to the style of the kit. But, I really like it - I might even buy it (without the quickbooks logo).

I get what you mean but why would a company spend millions to sponsor a Logo that isn't even their real logo....

They aren't sponsoring us out the goodness of their hearts, they want to use it to improve their brand

And while the logo isn't gonna all of a sudden make me wanna use quick books.... I've seen quick books mentioned more today then I've done I dunno, ever. Kinda the point, any press is good press
  • Nice shirt but I’m boycotting until they revisit the concessions issue.
  • alderz said:

Yeah, it would be nice if these brands would blend in more to the style of the kit. But, I really like it - I might even buy it (without the quickbooks logo).

I get what you mean but why would a company spend millions to sponsor a Logo that isn't even their real logo....

They aren't sponsoring us out the goodness of their hearts, they want to use it to improve their brand

And while the logo isn't gonna all of a sudden make me wanna use quick books.... I've seen quick books mentioned more today then I've done I dunno, ever. Kinda the point, any press is good press
    Oh, I'm certainly not saying it's realistic - just that it would be nice!
  • alderz said:

I take it don't watch much tv or listen to the radio, they are always advertising on both.
  • Mark Cavendish made history today by winning his 35th stage of the Tour de France to surpass Eddy Merckx's total of 34 stage wins:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/articles/c2q05e2e920o
  • As with the home kit, completely ruined by the sleeve sponsor. When Quickbooks sponsored Villa, they had a white circle with, on a claret shirt, a claret qb logo in it. As usual, Brady has excelled at getting a great deal for us........
  • Anyone really bothered?🤷🏻‍♂️
  • As with the home kit, completely ruined by the sleeve sponsor. When Quickbooks sponsored Villa, they had a white circle with, on a claret shirt, a claret qb logo in it. As usual, Brady has excelled at getting a great deal for us........

But that was on the front of the shirt.
  • MrsGrey said:

As with the home kit, completely ruined by the sleeve sponsor. When Quickbooks sponsored Villa, they had a white circle with, on a claret shirt, a claret qb logo in it. As usual, Brady has excelled at getting a great deal for us........

But that was on the front of the shirt.
    And? It shows that Quickbooks could be persuaded to advertise without the green. Let's be honest, the green is completely out of place on both the home and the away kit, so we'd have been far better off it there had been some flexibility in the colours used on the logo to better tie in with our colours.
  • Yeah somethings changed as FabRom tweets don’t copy over anymore
    Have to screenshot
    Probably from the change from twitter to X
  • edited July 8
    For those who like shirt number waffle.

Eagled eyed investigation would suggest the following shirt numbers ahead of the new season…

Guilherme 11
    Foderingham 21
    Kilman 26
    Cornet 22
  • Lukerz said:

For those who like shirt number waffle.

Eagled eyed investigation would suggest the following shirt numbers ahead of the new season…

Guilherme 11
    Foderingham 21
    Kilman 26
    Cornet 22

• Ravel49 said:

He really looks “over the moon” wearing that 😢
  • We probably need a proper thread for this...
  • West Ham fan Billy Horschel leads the Open at Royal Troon on -4 going into the final round. He's only one shot clear of 7 players including Brits Justin Rose and Daniel Brown, with world no.1 Scottie Scheffler a further shot back and Irishman Shane Lowry, the 2019 champion, only 3 behind on one under par.
  • Sadiq Khan wants London to have the 2040 Olympic games. Utilising existing facilities, e.g the London Stadium. I would hope that, before 2040,West Ham would own the London Stadium. How would that affect his bid?
  • Cricket not going well, 54-5 in the 3rd Test against the West Indies in pursuit of 282 in the first innings.
  • Cricket not going well, 54-5 in the 3rd Test against the West Indies in pursuit of 282 in the first innings.

Good fightback by Root and Stokes to reach 157-5 at lunch.
  • Sadiq Khan wants London to have the 2040 Olympic games. Utilising existing facilities, e.g the London Stadium. I would hope that, before 2040,West Ham would own the London Stadium. How would that affect his bid?

London got the 2012 Olympics with the promise that the London Stadium would remain available for athletics, they won't get the 2040 Olympics if they've already sold the stadium

Also the Mayor would have to make a massive profit on any sale for it to be politically acceptable
  • Also the Mayor would have to make a massive profit on any sale for it to be politically acceptable

How long will it be politically acceptable for the stadium to keep costing the tax payers millions of pounds every year?