Couldn't Think - from January 2024

Comments

• Also the Mayor would have to make a massive profit on any sale for it to be politically acceptable

How long will it be politically acceptable for the stadium to keep costing the tax payers millions of pounds every year?

What do polititians care, it's not THEIR money
  • A very good fightback by England, reaching 376 all out after being 54-5, a first innings lead of 94.
  • Cricket not going well, 54-5 in the 3rd Test against the West Indies in pursuit of 282 in the first innings.

The English innings was 3 balls longer than the WI one but they scored almost 100 more runs. That's dominance!
  • Also the Mayor would have to make a massive profit on any sale for it to be politically acceptable

How long will it be politically acceptable for the stadium to keep costing the tax payers millions of pounds every year?

What do polititians care, it's not THEIR money
    But they do have to get elected and selling the stadium for a loss would not make good headlines
  • Sadiq Khan tells City AM he would only consider selling the London Stadium if West Ham's offer was "too good to say no to to"

https://www.cityam.com/sadiq-khan-reveals-stance-on-selling-loss-making-london-stadium-to-west-ham-united/
  • £100m should do it then. 😂
  • The thought of Sadiq Khan as still mayor of London in 2040 - urghh.
  • The thought of Sadiq Khan as still mayor of London in 2040 - urghh.

It's possible, Khan would be 69yo in 2040 which isn't old in politician years

He's better than Boris although not as good as Ken and we could have done a lot worse

Susan "Oyster card" Hall
    Shaun "'jingle and mingle" Bailey
    Zac "we won't need buses in 2018" Goldsmith

The Tories have been losing ground in London since 2010 and they've been unable to find a half decent candidate since Goldsmith in 2016 but there are now a lot more Tory ex-MPs in London so...
  • PDC Genius
  • Mad genius and a true legend of massive mad WHU!
  • Andy Murray: 'Never even liked tennis anyway.' 😆
  • I am trying to work out how Frank Lampard senior managed to look so old when he played for us, he was 27 here and still manages to look older than Frank Jnr does even now. I reckon Frank Jnr could get to 60 and still look younger.

• QUIZ QUESTION

Declan Rice is our biggest ever sale, £105m. Who else do you reckon are in our top 10 biggest players sales?

1. Declan Rice - £105m
    2. ???
    3. ???
    4. ???
    5. ???
    6. ???
    7. ???
    8. ???
    9. ???
    10. ???
  • We're usually pretty rubbish at selling, so I suspect this will be quite surprising. Ones that spring to mind are Arnie and Payet, although both went for way less than they should have. Scamacca, even though it was for a loss, and the same goes for Haller. Wouldn't be surprised to see Ayew on there, I think we pretty much got our money back on him.
  • 1. Declan Rice - £105m
    2. Gianluca Scamacca - £26m
    3. Dimitri Payet - £25m
    4. Marko Arnautovic - £22.4m
    5. Sebastien Haller - £20.3m
    6. ???
    7. Andre Ayew - £18m
    8. ???
    9. ???
    10. ???

Pretty good start
  • Flynn Downes
  • Benrhama?Vlasic?, Kehrer?
  • edited August 7

• edited August 7
    As I suspected, we're pants at selling; when you look at our top 10 purchases, there must be a good few that are more expensive than the sale of Scamacca at no.2 (Scamacca included).
  • Benrhama?Vlasic?, Kehrer?

Diop?

None of these!
  • edited August 7
    1. Declan Rice - £105m
    2. Gianluca Scamacca - £26m
    3. Dimitri Payet - £25m
    4. Marko Arnautovic - £22.4m
    5. Sebastien Haller - £20.3m
    6. Rio Ferdinand - £18m
    7. Andre Ayew - £18m
    8. ???
    9. Flynn Downes - £18m
    10. ???

One for Rav, and one for expat
  • Rio there at no.6 despite it being 24 years ago; given the explosion of prices since that shows how poor we have been at selling.
  • As I suspected, we're pants at selling; when you look at our top 10 purchases, there must be a good few that are more expensive than the sale of Scamacca at no.2 (Scamacca included).

We can do top 10 signings next.
  • edited August 7
    Tevez and Mascherano?
  • Has to be the two Argentinians.
  • Tevez

A grey area, but officially I think he went to Man Utd on a 2 year loan, so I'm not counting him
  • Tevez and Mascherano?

And with Mascherano, Liverpool spent £18.6m on him, but apparently that money went to the MSI agency, not us.