First Casualty of the 23/24 Sack race

Comments

• Other than back to Everton or Brentford I can't see where Moyes goes straight back into the Premier so I feel Burnley should be looking to get in touch with him.

I wondered this, but can't help feeling that his "must not lose" approach is better suited to keeping a club up than winning promotion which really needs you to win, win and win again. Almost like with Allardyce, that run of draws cost us automatic promotion and left us in the lottery of the play-offs.

• edited May 29
    You can't think he'd need the money. So his next job will only be for the love of it, surely. Unless he feels he's still got something to prove. Which I don't think he really has.
    I wonder if he's got any pet football projects he'd like to pursue, outside of management.

Also, I imagine he'll want a bit of time out of the pressure cooker.

It wouldn't be the worst thing for him to try another European stint.
  • Rooney definitely provokes the thought of who would pick him as a manager! His latest club is an outpost. Desperation to be a manager but currently and maybe just doesn't have the skills. Lampard at least has some interpersonal skills as opposed to Mersey grunts and errrmmms
  • Lampard is a decent Championship manager who has been over promoted, will probably be a half decent Premier League manager in 20 years

Rooney is a celebrity ex-footballer who might make a decent Isthmian league manager in 20 years
  • Hansi Flick has been appointed new Barcelona boss. Oh what fun, Herr Flick ohhhhh Reneee.
  • Ravel49 said:

Starts Monday 😜😜

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!
  • Hansi Flick has been appointed new Barcelona boss. Oh what fun, Herr Flick ohhhhh Reneee.

The music is now solidly in my head!
  • I shall this only once.........Life flies by......Klopp.....
  • Jurgen a regret that!
  • https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13146051/jose-mourinho-former-man-utd-chelsea-and-tottenham-manager-set-to-take-charge-of-fenerbahce

It amazes me how this bloke still gets work.
    He should’ve had a loooooong ban after the disgrace in last year’s Europa League final.
    He’s a stain on the beautiful game.😡
  • Bazshuayi said:

Jurgen a regret that!

We need a "groan" reaction =)
    Or maybe we already have one, 'cos I have no idea as to what most of them signify.
  • Brighton in negotiations with St Pauli's 31yo head coach Fabian Hurzeler, if he signs he'll be the youngest ever Premier League manager (BBC)

St. Pauli won promotion to the Bundesliga, finishing top of the 2nd tier

St. Pauli are the only European club to wear brown home shirts and have done so since 1910
  • Mmm, brown shirts you say, Germany you say……..
  • Slacker said:

Mmm, brown shirts you say, Germany you say……..

https://www.oxfordreference.com/display/10.1093/oi/authority.20110803095531594

Surely you're not being xenophobic are you Slacker, besides St.Pauli had them first.
  • edited June 11
    Quite the opposite, St Pauli fans have a reputation for being a bit left wing/anti-establishment/alternative and the club supports a lot of social/political causes

In the 1980s a punk/squatter brought a skull-and-crossbones flag to matches and it was adopted as the club's emblem

Meanwhile Graham Potter is first choice to take over at Leicester (Guardian)
  • Ten Hag will stay at Man Utd and is negotiating a new contract (various sources)
  • Id sack him 🤣
  • He’s doing a fine fine job 🫡
  • Ten Hag is the first Man Utd manager to win silverware two seasons in a row since SAF (apart from the Community Shield).

Before Ten Hag they'd not won a trophy since the 2017 Europa and League Cups under Mourinho. They did win the FA Cup in 2016 but that was under van Gaal
  • I'd take Poch over him any day of the week
  • Terzic done at Dortmund

A lot of high profile clubs moving on with managers.
  • Even though he definitely wasn't my first choice, I've already go used to our new manager being our manager. I have hope that Tim will get good players and Lop will shape them. Scared to say it but I feel a bit optimistic currently.
  • He wasn't my first, third or fourth choice and I suspect it will not work out and we could have another walk out if things don't go well. However... I am suspending all that and getting fully behind him in the hope I am wrong ( I was with Moyes returning ) and at this point despite all that I am quite excited. It will be interesting to see how he plays and what he can get out of a set of players with some real quality among them.

I am already excited by the transfer window and this young Brazillian lad could be anything, it seems the club are backing their new manager and Tim is doing his thing to try and spend it astutely. I am looking forward to August already.
  • We find out Tuesday who of Liverpool, City or Arsenal away we open with.
  • Guaranteed to be Wolves away.
  • Yes, we can take Kilman back to his old place for a visit
  • edited June 20
    Steve Cooper appointed Leicester manager although only after they failed to agree a deal with Graham Potter
  • I am not sure what Potter is thinking unless just happy to keep getting paid, or got paid enough from Chelsea to not work. I don't see where bigger opportunities are going to come from.
  • I think he’ll be right near the top of the list if Southgate leaves after the Euros
  • Good point. I was thinking of Premier league clubs.
This discussion has been closed.