First Casualty of the 23/24 Sack race

Comments

• Apparently Poch has been sacked by Chelsea.
  • edited May 21
    Indeed:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c1ww8xw8nywo

Poor decision imo, the club was a shambles and yet finished the season really strongly.
  • I’d rather him than Lopetegui if he’s a freebie too
  • Shame De Zerbi and Poch became available after we signed Lopetegui lol
  • alderz said:

I’d rather him than Lopetegui if he’s a freebie too

That was my first thought too, but really can't see him coming here even if we hadn't already arranged J-Lo.
  • Poor decision by Chelsea, they were looking very good in the last part of the season and would have been CL spot challengers for sure next season. Now a new man has to start all over again.
  • Where are all those players and pundits telling Chelsea they should be careful ht they wish for?
  • I think Poch wouldn't have suited this squad but De Zerbi would have made things interesting (and chaotic) Longer-term, Gary O'Neil is a good bet to help us avoid relegation after Lopetegui is Lopetegone.
  • Absolute joke of a club. Just go and spend another billion on players eh?
    I so hope it all blows up in their faces.
  • Poor decision by Chelsea, they were looking very good in the last part of the season and would have been CL spot challengers for sure next season. Now a new man has to start all over again.

Whilst I mostly agree, I do wonder how much stock can be put into the 10 games at the end of the season when half the league is on the beach. Putting a good run of form in then doesn't necessarily mean much?
  • Like we could afford Poch’s wages or transfer funding demands!!!
  • I guess Palace will test that idea next season as they have been turned into a different side since the new guy came in. If they start where they left off they are looking at potential top 6, just look at these results.

Villa 5-0 win
    Wolves 3-1 win
    Man Utd 4-0 win
    Fulham 1-1 draw
    Newcastle 2-0 win
    West ham 5-2 win
    Liverpool 1-0 win
  • Only if they keep most of the team
  • If they lose just one of Eze, Mateta or Olise their results will be completely different - stats support this.
  • But they also have a transfer window and if the club back this new manager good things could happen for them. If ever there was a time for a board to go that extra mile in support it's now.
  • There are some strange reports in the BBC rumour section this evening.

Kompany to Bayern Munich! I like Kompany and would have liked him to come to us and felt we were the right level for his next move but Tuchel a proven manager for Kompany who looks to have all the potential but still has to prove it makes that move a big gamble.

Mckenna from Ipswich to Chelsea. The same thing applies, a manager with a good season in the Championship and lots of potential over Poch who has a proven record and seemed to be finding his stride. The next is that Poch is going to Man United, if that's the case I would bet on United finishing above Chelsea after that round of musical chairs.
  • edited May 28
    Wonder if Moyes would go to Leicester if Maresca goes to Chelsea.

Or maybe Forest if they twist with Nuno.
  • Surely he’ll want a team at least at the level we’ve been at? Leicester have loads of potential, but they’re also newly promoted.
  • To be fair we were in the relegation zone when he took over. So wouldn't say there's much of a difference between us then and Leicester now
  • Yeah but that was four and a half years ago and he’s managed in Europe three years in a row. I’d be surprised if he valued himself the same as he did before he took the job here.
  • He's not IMO getting a post of that/our level again. Just don't think he's attractive enough for the teams looking to step up to the Prem or for those in the lower half of the table currently.
  • I agree, but what I’m saying is that it’s how he values himself, and the jobs he thinks he should be getting. I personally think there’s a good chance he doesn’t manage again, unless a largish club get into trouble and need “saving”.
  • I think he would be a good fit for a promoted club to try and establish them in the Premier league for a couple of seasons. It is quite hard to assess Moyes because his time after Everton was not great until he came to us but that coincided with the Declan Rice years, when he was playing at world class levels. You wouldn't be sure what his next club would get anymore than what our next manager will get out of us.
  • Bazshuayi said:

He's not IMO getting a post of that/our level again. Just don't think he's attractive enough for the teams looking to step up to the Prem or for those in the lower half of the table currently.

Love you Rav! Missed you/ your comments etc 😄
  • Right back at ya Baz 🥰

#InKloppWeTrust
    #MoyesFootballingDinosaur
  • Bazshuayi said:

Bazshuayi said:

He's not IMO getting a post of that/our level again. Just don't think he's attractive enough for the teams looking to step up to the Prem or for those in the lower half of the table currently.

Love you Rav! Missed you/ your comments etc 😄
    Except when spouting on about Love Island!!! Hahaha
  • Starts Monday 😜😜
  • Ravel49 said:

Starts Monday 😜😜

😱😱😱

• Well I'm sure we can't wait 😅
  • I was reading that Lampard has thrown his hat into the ring for the Burnley vacancy. He was a great player, but a bit like Rooney he has had enough good solid chances now and has demonstrated that management is not his thing. Burnley need to appoint the right manager now and they can come back up as the Championship is not as tough next year with Leicester and Soton replaced with Sheffield and Luton.

Other than back to Everton or Brentford I can't see where Moyes goes straight back into the Premier so I feel Burnley should be looking to get in touch with him.
This discussion has been closed.