First Casualty of the 23/24 Sack race

Comments

• The Moyes out clan should be all over that.

I am slightly over it currently as opposed to all over it. But there's time ;)
  • edited January 26
    not sacked but Liverpool Manager Klopp to step down at the end of the season according to Liverpools twitter unless they are trolling.

• That’s huge
  • I think it makes Liverpool more likely to go all out for the Europa League this year. His last game in charge as a cup final?
  • alderz said:

I think it makes Liverpool more likely to go all out for the Europa League this year. His last game in charge as a cup final?

Don't you think they would have anyway? I think the league would be his priority.

Alonso must be looking to be the one to step in.
  • not sacked but Liverpool Manager Klopp to step down at the end of the season according to Liverpools twitter unless they are trolling.

Great. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
  • I don't like Klopp, think he's given such an easy ride by the media because he smiles and laughs but he's as petty and arrogant as the rest

But the guy is a insanely good manager, genuinely one of the best to grace the Prem and maybe ever, he's done wonders at clubs who have come up against giants financially in City and Bayern

This is a huge blow for Liverpool, although they have a young enough squad they won't need to rebuild. But Klopp was unique in he didn't criticise FSG (lack of) spending compared to their rivals
  • Wonder what Baz thinks about this ,Sure we will hear =)
  • Still a bit early in the USA, but something for him to wake up to, hope he doesn't choke on his cornflakes.
  • edited January 26
    He'll be listening to Cry Me a River, the Michael Buble version hahaha
  • I’m not even gonna joke or lie about it…. Totally devastated! Love this man and he’s a massive reason as to why I like and admire Liverpool 😕
  • Do you need a hug Baz?
  • I think it takes some courage to admit to yourself that you are running on fumes and for Klopp to come out and say that he needs a break should be a good thing. He puts mental health first. How often have we seen people simply break down with nobody seeing the darkness behind their eyes.
    Whatever people think of him, this move commands respect in my eyes.
  • 100% the Premier League is a lot poorer without him. I dont recall anyone with his man management skills and bond with his players and fans.

I'm also sad because I think he may well retire which is a loss to the game IMO

#sad fist pump
  • Bazshuayi said:

100% the Premier League is a lot poorer without him. I dont recall anyone with his man management skills and bond with his players and fans.

I'm also sad because I think he may well retire which is a loss to the game IMO

#sad fist pump

Personally I find the guy completely unbearable. He’s more of a moaner than anyone else in the league. Liverpool will be much poorer without him, and he’s undoubtedly a fantastic manager, but I’m very glad we’ll be shot of him.
  • It's a bit suspicious that his entire team is also quilting. Have they another club already lined up? Real Madrid perhaps?
  • edited January 27
    Gotta love predictive text

• Written in the stars?
  • Aberdeen, currently 6th n the Scottish PL and 6pts above relegation, appoint Colin as their new manager

If they get relegated who will he blame?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/feb/05/neil-warnock-aberdeen-manager-aged-75-end-of-season
  • How does th e still get work
  • He's basically managing a pub team.
  • I have lots of experience of pubs ,why can't I do it =)
  • Taxi for Jurgen (Klinsmann, before anyone gets too excited!), do we think?
  • Hodgson taken to hospital after falling ill during yesterday's training session

I can imagine that watching Palace on matchdays must be sickening for the fans but clearly overexposure from watching them on a daily basis can actually damage your health!
  • Palace had called a press conference for later in the day, and the speculation was that Hodgson was going to be sacked; it was cancelled once Hodgson was taken ill.
  • He's going to be sacked but this just makes it a bit awkward.
  • IronHerb said:

He's going to be sacked but this just makes it a bit awkward.

He's only contracted till the end of the season AFAIK, so it may just be that it gives an easy way out for both sides; the timing was particularly unfortunate though.
  • Jurgen Out but not the Godlike Klopp, just Klinsmann
  • Sunderland sack Michael Beale after 12 games despite being 10th and just 4pts off the playoffs

Sunderland is owned by 28yo Swiss/French billionaire Kyril Louis-Dreyfus who inherited his wealth from his dad (CEO of Adidas and chairman of Olympique Marseille)

He took control of the club by increasing his share to 64% in June 2022 and Beale was the third manager since he became chairman