Man City v West Ham - Wednesday 3 May 8pm

Comments

• Ings terrible touch sets off city
  • Ings comes on gives the ball away and goal xD
  • edited May 2023
    As if there was ever any doubt, Haaland puts the game to bed.

Onto Sunday.
  • Poor, we can't afford to let them break on us like that. Ings's touch gave it away wasn't it?
  • That’s two goals we’ve gifted them. Let’s hope they don’t want to go big now. 2-0 is enough
  • Is there a team in the prem that are worse at passing than us?
  • Paqueta down now.
  • losing all our players before our Euro semi final :(
  • We were doing so well.
    Loose touch in midfield sends them away.
  • Paqueta back on now, for the time being.
  • Would have rather seen cornet come on. Atleast we would have had some pace
  • edited May 2023
    Benrahma on for Bowen, shoulda been Cornet on imo.
  • Oh god
  • edited May 2023
    Foden straight on and scores. Yet again we leave someone unmarked. A bit flukey mind
  • edited May 2023
    Oh dear. Unlucky deflection gives them a third, a shame we've let things slip late on.
  • Fornals had to hit that first time.
  • edited May 2023
    At the end of the day I expected nothing else re the final sore.
    But IMO we battled and held our own for longer than I thought we would.
    This was a better performance than the debacle at the weekend against the best team in the PL IMO...
    COYI
  • It's games like this that make me think maybe the Super League wasn't such a bad idea. Our performance is what you'd expect from a League 1 club in the cup.
  • Nearly a fourth there
  • That’s it, expected a helluva lot worse but it could and should have been better. That’s 3 defeats on the bounce now and we can’t afford a fourth on Sunday.
  • At least it wasn't dreadfully damaging wrt goal difference, but the nature of the goals was disappointing.
  • edited May 2023
    Oh well, no one expected much today and to be fair, I think they put a decent shift in so I am not that disappointed - especially given the makeshift nature of the line up.

Some decent performances but I thought Fornals was pretty poor, his distribution was lacking and he seems slow and lacks spatial awareness

• MANC first goal should not have been allowed for a foul on Oggbona. The second was from an error by Ings and the third was a deflection. 3-0 is flattering for MANC, I think. WHU have spent a lot of money on players but we don't don't seem to find the quality that City have. Now back to earth. Can we beat MANU?
  • Pretty much as expected ,But the lads put a shift in ,more worried about the illness and Coufal injure ,our defence all of a sudden looks very week
  • Better than i thought it would be. Errors again but atleast we had some fight... i know i go on about it in every post, but the passing and losing possession drives me mad 😂 i dont get why every other team can do it but us
  • Was fine until the soft first goal, something this side is doing more & more. After that it was easy street. Did ok for 49 minutes.
  • edited May 2023
    Lukerz said:

Was fine until the soft first goal, something this side is doing more & more. After that it was easy street. Did ok for 49 minutes.

Was always going to be a struggle because there was so little attacking intent from us. I know our circumstances dictated a more cautious approuch, but we'd have been set up the same way had we been safe in 10th place, IMO.

Moyes’s record at these clubs is appalling. Under Bilic we managed some great results away at Liverpool and City, because he let the players go at them, but this pragmatic approach of Moyes is both hard to watch and completey fruitless.

I get that City are are great team, but we didn't lay a glove on them really. Defended well for the most part, but never really threatened them.
  • That can be said for most premier league clubs at their place.
  • OCS I think we got one win at each under Bilic. That was the last time we beat City in the PL.
  • We did ok and will take the 3-0 hit. But it really was a bizarre watch. The inevitability was almost like watching a recorded match that I'd already seen the result of.