Man City v West Ham - Wednesday 3 May 8pm

Comments

• It’s like when you have to go for something you really are not looking forward to such as major dentistry or an expected rollicking at work etc. you think to yourself “ just stay calm and by 10pm it will be all over. It may not be as bad as you think”. Unfortunately most of the time it is.

• Happy daze
  • IronHerb said:

You’ll be in bed by 10 then. 😂

I don't know what I was thinking, the tree is like the Christmas tree in Trafalgar Square. I'll probably end up in a hospital bed, never mind my own bed hahaha
  • We’re going to seal our status tonight.

1-2 Hammers
  • Lukerz said:

We’re going to seal our status tonight.

1-2 Hammers

Love the optimism =)
  • edited May 2023
    Fabiański, Coufal, Kehrer, Ogbonna, Cresswell ©, Emerson, Bowen, Downes, Paquetá, Fornals, Antonio
    Subs: Areola (GK), Anang (GK), Johnson, Lanzini, Cornet, Benrahma, Ings

4 changes and a number of absentees from the matchday squad.

Only 7 subs including 2 keepers, surely take some kids.
  • Rice, Aguerd, Soucek all seem to be rested.
  • Fabianski
    Kehrer - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Coufal - Downes - Paqueta - Emerson
    Bowen - Antonio - Fornals
  • We’ve given up before we’ve taken to the pitch. Really scared at what’s going to happen now.
  • Beeeeeeeeeeeee-zar
  • Rice,Aguerd,Soucek not even on the bench .Rested or Injured ,or sick
  • Sick, apparently
  • So I'm assuming we took a full squad and there's been a bug doing the rounds? It must be for Aguerd, Rice and Soucek to not even make the bench.

Haaland up against Kehrer, Ogbonna and Cresswell. Yikes.

Ah well, we have our excuses to hand at least.
  • Not even going to be a threat from corners - we're doomed :(
  • Illness in the squad .great just great
  • steve said:

Rice,Aguerd,Soucek not even on the bench .Rested or Injured ,or sick

Probably rested for Sunday. Makes sense to me.
  • Football.London reporting there's a "sickness bug" going around
  • Was afraid of the score this morning, now I’m like holy moly we’re in for a long night ⚒️
  • Personally, I'd have gone for Cornet over Fornals for the counter attack pace. Him, Antonio and Bowen could have caused some problems.

I wonder how many more can get sick in the next 50 minutes so we can claim the 3-0 forfeit 🤔
  • If we keep it below 5 or 6 we will have done well but even that’s going to be hard.
  • Just have to hope city take there foot off after the 4th goal =)
  • Our goal difference is 14 better than the bottom 4 teams, so single figures would be nice.
  • edited May 2023
    Goal.com have the starting XI as

Fabianski; Coufal, Kehrer, Aguerd, Ogbonna, Cresswell; Soucek, Rice, Paqueta; Bowen, Antonio

So the problem could have been very late which would explain why the bench is so empty

Did anyone have the lasagne?

That's the end of my meal break. I would cross my fingers but its hard to drive a train that way

Good luck everybody and COYI
  • Hope its a 24 hour bug ,need them for the Man U
  • Ederson benched. So they've got a second choice 'keeper playing, which is something.

Just need City to lend us the ball at some point tonight.
  • We will get it on several occasions if only to kick off.
  • I tend to start drinking at half time .but seeing that team sheet Already started early would suggest everyone do the same =)
  • edited May 2023
    If we come away with anything less than a -3 goal deficit with that line up, bonus...
    I'm really not being a downer, just in reality the way I see it...
    But COYI........
  • Moves just said they got sick today and sent home to late to bring anyone else in