Man City v West Ham - Wednesday 3 May 8pm

Comments

• City have hit the post twice now. They're getting closer.
  • edited May 2023
    Oh my, this might just be our day, how did that not go in off the post, I will never know
  • Well, a very disciplined and determined performance so far.
  • Lasagne the other way.
  • Cornet on for Antonio who looks shattered.
  • Well played lads, a very good first half.

Must admit I'm worried about us getting a bit too physical and picking up yellows leading to chances or a red, but we've been very disciplined so far.
  • Fair play for that half
    A committed performance all round ⚒️👍🏻COYI
  • You sometimes get those games where a team looks really in the mood to defend…
  • A very dogged defensive performance so far. Can we maintain it? Only 20% of the ball but one shot on target. A point would be good and 3 would be even better.
  • edited May 2023
    Gary Neville giving West Ham praise - who would have thought it? He must really hate Man City. ⚒
  • Its the hope that kills you =)
  • Quite impressed, strong defensive performance and although they have had a couple of decent efforts, especially that one that spun off the post, I really do not think they have created very much considering

I doubt very much if we will hold out, there will likely be a moment of individual brilliance or a mistake, but at least it looks like Citeh are going to have to work for it which makes me very happy.
  • Pengeman said:

A very dogged defensive performance so far. Can we maintain it? Only 20% of the ball but one shot on target. A point would be good and 3 would be even better.

A point would IMO be brilliant..COYI ⚒️
  • Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
  • The worry here is that all that Manchester City will have to do is come out for the second half looking like Crystal Palace on steroids.
  • After a half of good defending we let in a goal like that
  • Let’s just hope the floodgates don’t open up now. A long 40 plus minutes to go.
  • edited May 2023
    Lukerz said:

After a half of good defending we let in a goal like that

As we're often reminded, a game is 90 minutes long, not 45.

Was always going to be a near impossible task to keep City out. Was really only a matter of time.
  • It was poor by Downes to concede the free kick and get a yellow card, but the marking was dreadful.
  • Yes, for me that was to easy…is it just me but since the goal, Citeh look more relaxed and more dangerous than prior
  • Poor by Paqueta there, he had to release Antonio.
  • edited May 2023
    That's a penalty surely, he got Haaland before the ball. Lucky imo.

Ogbonna on Stones wasn't clever either tbh.
  • Coufal down injured. Never rains, does it.
  • Now Coufal looks like he's got a hamstring problem.
  • edited May 2023

That's a penalty surely, he got Haaland before the ball. Lucky imo.

Ogbonna on Stones wasn't clever either tbh.

I liked Kehers challenge but Oggies one was more than clumsy
  • Now Coufal looks like he's got a hamstring problem.

As with Zouma, that could have huge consequences for the rest of our season.
  • buffy, Fortunately we are not playing at Anfield! 😉
  • Don't get that sub. Ings is a fox in the box player and we've had one touch in their box this half.

Cornet instead would have made more sense to me.
  • Ings on for Antonio, not unhappy about that tbh, can't afford another injury.
  • Paqueta needs to do things quicker. He had Johnson in acres of space on the right and dallies on the ball again.