WHICH 3 CLUBS WILL GO DOWN

1234568»

Comments

• How can the team be in need of a major makeover when we brought in about 7 players in the summer. Are you suggesting we get rid of them and bring in another 7.
    Most of them got injured and missed huge chunks of the season namely Aguerd, Scamacca, Cornet and Paqueta for spells.
    We weren’t good the last spell of last season and trying to bed in that number of new players was always risky but I’m sure they’ll be a marked improvement next season.

Realistically, we will need to replace Rice and Lanzini, at least one new defender (either a right back or centre back, depending on where you feel Kehrer is best), and at least one option in attacking midfield or on the wing.

IMO that’s the minimum. If we want to improve, I think we also should be looking to upgrade Soucek. There’s also a strong argument that we need to improve the left back and goalkeeper positions, and - depending on what happens with Scamacca - another striker.

I don’t want a summer of loads of transfers, because it doesn’t help with stability at all, but I think it’s realistic that we see between 4 and 6 transfers.
  • Not that I have any special liking for them, but why all the hate for Everton?

The Moyes connection 😜
  • I make alderz right. Other teams will strengthen in the summer so we need to as well if we want to get back to competing for top seven.

There's a few out of contract, a few not fancied by the manager and a few that need upgrading, and that's without any first-teamers being sold (Rice and possibly Scamacca).

IMO we need a right-sided CB, a replacement for Rice, an upgrade on Socuek and a striker that can do what Antonio does.

I guess it all depends on what the club's aspirations are.
  • And maybe whose available.
  • I prefer Everton to Liverpool
  • Slacker said:

And maybe whose available.

I mean, sure, but there’s a whole world of football players. Look at Brighton and the signings they make. There are available players that would improve us, without a doubt.
  • I prefer Everton to Liverpool

I prefer neither of them.
  • edited May 2023

How can the team be in need of a major makeover when we brought in about 7 players in the summer. Are you suggesting we get rid of them and bring in another 7.
    Most of them got injured and missed huge chunks of the season namely Aguerd, Scamacca, Cornet and Paqueta for spells.
    We weren’t good the last spell of last season and trying to bed in that number of new players was always risky but I’m sure they’ll be a marked improvement next season.

Of course I am not suggesting that we get rid of them, (although I expect a couple to move on) nor am I suggesting that we need to completely rebuild the team for opening day of next season.

What I am suggesting is that in a couple of years, I expect our recognized first eleven will be materially different to our current recognized first eleven, hopefully not just the line up, but in our set up and with some flexibility in tactics.

IMO, DMs race is run and he has had a career that he can look back upon with nothing to be ashamed of, and like I mentioned above, survival and European final is a really great way to end his tenure ship, but…………

• We must beat Leicester now and hope Bournemouth can do the same against Everton. Then Spurs being Spurs losing to Leeds. :)
  • I can’t see Everton not beating Bournemouth
  • Ideally, I would like to get someone in who has a sporting chance of being in the chair for the next 8-10 years so, assuming we agree that DM is probably not that guy, then let’s make the change now as it seems to me, for all the reasons previously expressed, an appropriate time to do so.
  • edited May 2023

We must beat Leicester now and hope Bournemouth can do the same against Everton. Then Spurs being Spurs losing to Leeds. :)

Leeds have a chance to beat the spuds next week, and why not, everyone else seems to be doing it at the moment.

Not of course that it would give me any pleasure whatsoever =)
  • Everton, I could say so many things! But they're just chavy Liverpool wannabes
  • Bazshuayi said:

Everton, I could say so many things! But they're just chavy Liverpool wannabes

Worst insult ever 😂🤣😂

• So a surprise Leicester win tomorrow probably makes them favourites to stay up. Anything other than a Leicester win & I can only see Everton staying up.
  • Ideally, I would like to get someone in who has a sporting chance of being in the chair for the next 8-10 years so, assuming we agree that DM is probably not that guy, then let’s make the change now as it seems to me, for all the reasons previously expressed, an appropriate time to do so.

8-10 years.😳 They’re lucky if they get 8-10
    months.
  • Can’t help but want Leicester to stay up. They’ve had a blip season, but have been very consistent over the last few years. Everton & Leeds are always down there.
  • I would prefer Everton to go down out of the two of them. I think Everton will beat Bournemouth as the motivation for Everton is sky high whilst Bournemouth will probably be viewing only their summer holidays. It would have been more interesting were Everton away. If Bournemouth were to score first it may get interesting however as Everton may begin to panic.
  • Lukerz said:

Can’t help but want Leicester to stay up. They’ve had a blip season, but have been very consistent over the last few years. Everton & Leeds are always down there.

I want us to pip Chelsea a d for that we need to beat Leicester (and preferably beat them soundly). So Leicester to go down for me. I don't care who the last one is, although I didn't like the way BFS tried to claim some of the success we have had in recent years.
  • I think that will retire Sam for good now. To be fair to him they came for him far to late and their fixtures were difficult, but he took one point from a possible twelve and never looked like winning any of the matches they played (although I didn't see todays match).
  • The Guardian reporting that Sam wants to stay but warns that Leeds may struggle in the Championship as "The squad is a little on the young side and lacks experience"

He's only 68 which isn't old in manager years (like dog years in reverse)

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/may/28/sam-allardyce-leeds-dean-smith-leicester-relegation
  • I got 2 out of 3 correct.
  • I hope Sam stays there and fails
  • I think Dyche is a better man manager than Sam. Dyche got a dysfunctional squad working together, Sam just shook his head at Leeds' defending. Dean Smith seemed to be ignored by the Leicester players, and no-one knew who the Southampton manager was.