WHICH 3 CLUBS WILL GO DOWN

Comments

• Spanish clubs have some interesting nicknames

In the La Liga we have Cadiz, "El Submarino Amarillo" - The Yellow Submarine

There are some beauties in the Segunda

Malaga, "Los Boquerones" - the anchovies

Leganes, "Los Pepineros" - the cucumber farmers

Albacete Balompié, "El Queso Mecánico" - the clockwork cheese

Reus Deportiu (RIP 2020) were "La avellana mecánica" - the clockwork hazelnut
  • Hamstew said:

So who are the Batmans? Valencia perhaps?

do you mean the "Bantams"?
  • Club are confident we are staying in the PL with a Pre-Season friendly Tour to Australia
  • Villareal are also known as 'The Yellow Submarines'.
  • Yeold they could just be putting a good distance between them and the fans just in case.
  • Teams with bird names. Any candidates for The Vultures?? I suggest Any Football Agents XI...
  • edited March 2023

Teams with bird names. Any candidates for The Vultures?? I suggest Any Football Agents XI...

The lower league club where old players go for one last season before they hang up their boots?
  • Doves, Pigeons, Toucans, Parrots, Ospreys, Kestrels...are these rugby teams or ?
  • Ospreys are a Welsh rugby union team.
  • With Everton joining City in being investigated for FFP infringements it looks like there will only be one relegation spot to be concerned about. 😁
  • IronHerb said:

With Everton joining City in being investigated for FFP infringements it looks like there will only be one relegation spot to be concerned about. 😁

With how these things usually go, I doubt we'll see the results of any investigation before the start of next season, even if they were going to apply a points deduction (unfortunately, as I'd like to see them go down).

• Don`t bank on City or Everton being points deducted. If points are to be it will more likely be start of next season. The EPL wont want to lose these 2 big money earners! Which reminds me when Swindon were deducted points for financial wrong doing and subsequently relegated and a certain London club got away with just a slap!
  • I'm surprised this gives us only an 18% chance of going down, let's just hope it's accurate 🤞🤞🤞:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64985188
  • Fuham A
    Arsenal H
    Bournemouth A
    Liverpool H
    Palace A
    City A
    Utd H
    Brentford A
    Leeds H
    Leicester A

Where are our points coming from?

Applying the bogey team rule, we might get three points from Fulham. Bournemouth have shown a bit of fight lately and will see us as a great opportunity for another win, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got nothing out of them. Arsenal, City and United too, for obvious reasons. Brentford have our number, so I think that one can be discounted as well.

I think we'll get a maximum of eight points (Fulham 3, Palace 1, Leeds 3 and Leicester 1). 35pts. If that's enough to stay up then we'll have been very, very lucky.

I think with Southampton's fixtures, they're down, but I think we have the next toughest run-in and will be there with them.
  • Don't panic...until Saturday anyway. It's still Forest, Southampton and Bournemouth according to my infallible predictions. One point less than Everton and West Ham United. With so many clubs manager less, all rational predictions are, um irrational, however. Oh alright, panic...
  • I can see us getting point off Liverpool, their away form is pretty dire, they've only won three times this season and bizarrely all against teams currently in the top half of the table.
  • Yeah, Forest's run-in isn't too pretty either. Ok, so us, Southampton and Forest then.
  • Leicester too, they're a right mess. Just three home wins, Forest, Leeds and Spurs
  • I think Leicester have six winnable games. Could all depend on whether they get a new manager bounce.
  • Everyone at the bottom is rubbish, has a bad record, and a run in that could be easier. I still think we’ll scrape by, personally.
  • We're safe.
  • IronHerb said:

We're safe.

Where do you think we're getting the necessary points from?
  • I think Leicester have six winnable games. Could all depend on whether they get a new manager bounce.

I think they need to get a new manager before they get any bounce
  • IronHerb said:

We're safe.

Where do you think we're getting the necessary points from?
    Fulham, Bournemouth, Liverpool, Palace, Leeds & Leicester.

I think they need to get a new manager before they get any bounce
    Depends. Sometimes the bounce comes from getting rid of the old manager.
  • All this talk of bouncing made me think of this (slight PG warning):

• The way the leagues are panning out if we go down we could be replaced by Millwall. If that doesn’t focus their minds I don’t know what will.
  • The Kuching Relegatometer now has Leicester joining Southampton and Nottingham Forest for the drop. West Ham three points above them. As you all know, I'm brilliant at predicting results, so we may as well start celebrating now 🍺
  • Leicester are in trouble, looks like an interim until the end of the season after Marsh turned them down (which was a concern in itself they wanted him). Man City next.