WHICH 3 CLUBS WILL GO DOWN

Comments

• Alderz, Can you guarantee that Everton will be relegated next season? =) Who else is going this year with Leicester City & Southampton?

I can't guarantee it, but I can't see a situation in which they their ducks in a row. Ultimately, they have no money, they are in an awful position when it comes to FFP, and they have a squad that is woefully short of where it needs to be. On top of that, they have a board that has a toxic relationship with the fans, and can't really sell up because of the stadium being built.
  • Everton will be fine with Wolves away & Bournemouth home their last two games.
  • @Lukerz, Regretably I never thought it was in doubt!
  • edited May 2023
    IronHerb said:

I don't get the 'non love' for Forest. They have done remarkably well this season considering the changes they made.

Everton and Leicester along with Southampton will do for me.

This is why
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62453942

Cooper must be a secret Spuds fan with that amount of self-delusion.
  • Still don't get it.
  • Also would enjoy seeing Forest relegated 👍🏻
  • I don’t really get the not liking Cooper, but I do really dislike the fact their owners signed 30 players and I wouldn’t mind seeing that blow up in their faces.
  • IronHerb said:

I don't get the 'non love' for Forest. They have done remarkably well this season considering the changes they made.

Everton and Leicester along with Southampton will do for me.

This is why
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62453942

Cooper must be a secret Spuds fan with that amount of self-delusion.
    What did he say that’s got people miffed?
    Seemed like a pretty normal post match interview to me.🤷🏻‍♂️

• alderz said:

I don’t really get the not liking Cooper, but I do really dislike the fact their owners signed 30 players and I wouldn’t mind seeing that blow up in their faces.

This ⤴️

It was the quantity over quality for me.
  • edited May 2023
    But if we’re being honest Cooper has got a face you don’t really wanna see on TV, enough to scare kids or put you off your dinner…..

But being serious now, what I didn’t like was the throwing money at loads of players hoping for the best, like Alderz mentioned , and let’s not forget Jessie and pay him crazy money to beat us to him, although looking back it hasn’t been a great success and perhaps we dodged a bullet there, although he’s form, or lack of doesn’t mean it would have been replicated with us…
    See ya Forest 👍🏻
  • edited May 2023
    Forest have signed 30 players this season

They have played 42 matches so far, only two players have started more than 30 with another three players starting between 20 and 29

Of the team that won promotion only Brennan Johnson has started more than 20 (32)

To me that doesn't seem a good way to run a football team
  • I would say that with three games to go it's paying off.
  • IronHerb said:

I would say that with three games to go it's paying off.

All depends on the final table whether it has or hasn't....
  • Wasn’t the majority of their promotion team on loan though?
  • Another reason to dislike them then, I mean weren't even their own players who got them promoted!!!
  • IronHerb said:

I would say that with three games to go it's paying off.

All depends on the final table whether it has or hasn't....
    As I said, 'with three games to go'.
  • Slacker said:

Wasn’t the majority of their promotion team on loan though?

Six regulars I think.
  • They clearly needed big investment in the squad, but 30 is a joke. You're only allowed to register 25 players!

I think they will stay up, and then it will be interesting to see what they do in the summer. A lot of the players they signed are rubbish, so you'd assume there will be a good amount of turnover again.

11 players out of contract (7 of which signed this season) this summer, of the remaining players that aren't out of contract, 7 are over 31, and another 7 have played less than 1,000 minutes this season.

It feels entirely plausible that they'll need to rip it up a bit again.
  • At the start of the current season I predicted The Cherries, The Bees and Forest to go down based on nothing but by experience...
  • edited May 2023
    I think people are overestimating the work of Allardyce. His last club was WBA & they were 2 points adrift of safety when he took over, he had a transfer window, they ended up 13 adrift. Of course he has a great CV prior to that but I do think football has progressed even in the last few years.
  • Two from Leeds, Forest & Leicester. Leicester I can see staying up because of the quality of some of their players. Tough games next but there is always a surprise result.
  • Looking at the matches I don't see the table changing, Leeds and Leicester can look forward to away games at Plymouth, Rotherham and possibly Peterborough!
  • Yeah, I agree, but there are always one or two shock results.
  • Shock results? I don't see Wednesday coming back from 4-0 down, the Posh are as good as on the train to Wembley (strikes and cancellations allowing)
  • Whilst Leicest do have the ability and potential to score, I dont see their defence keeping out Liverpool and Newcastles attacks. So even if they beat us the total of 33 will see them down.

I think Leeds will go down. Depends what sort of shape Palace will be in when Forest play them last game. Everton, despite me wanting them to go down seem to have enough fight and fixtures to survive.
  • edited May 2023
    So lets see how safe we feel! To catch us the following needs to happen.

Leicester must get at least 7 points from their final three matches. They play Liverpool (H) Newcastle (A) West Ham (H).

Leeds must win their final two matches and turn around an 11 goal difference. They play West Ham (A) and Spurs (H).

Everton must win both their final matches. They play Wolves (a) Bournemouth (H)

Forest must get 4 points from Arsenal (H) and Palace (A)

This is providing our worst case scenario in which we lose our final two matches. Should we take 1 point Leeds will be unable to catch us and Everton would need turn around a ten goal difference to do so as well as winning their final two. Forest would need win both and Leicester would need win all three.

I am hoping we will be safe before we kick off against Leeds next week as Liverpool will have beaten Leicester Tomorrow and Arsenal beaten Forest next Saturday. Two results that at any other time would be fully expected.

• As long as Liverpool beat Leicester today I'll be comfortable we stay up. No way are leads scoring that many goals. Their main striker is Patrick Bamford.
  • edited May 2023
    In addition to Southampton, Leeds and Leicester will also be out. Leeds will be helped by West Ham on May 21 :) Leicester are looking very bad this season. And Liverpool will push them into the Championship.
    Hi there!
  • Hi Zakker, welcome aboard. I think you're probably right.
  • Hamstew said:

No way are leads scoring that many goals. Their main striker is Patrick Bamford.

You forget they are playing us and Tottenham.
    Any chance Spurs concede a shedload on purpose if that means we go down?