WHICH 3 CLUBS WILL GO DOWN

Comments

• Bit worried about tonight, Lawro mk2 (Chris Sutton) predicts 3-1 to L'pool.
  • Poor Bamford, I bet he can't wait for the season to be over.

Just 27 league appearances with just 17 starts and only 4 goals plus 3 FA Cup appearances and 2 goals (both against Cardiff who nearly got relegated to League One).

Better than last season but still pretty awful compared to his first season in the Prem when he played 38, started 37 and scored 17

He might be one of the few Leeds players who would actually welcome a return to the Championship!
  • He's just not that good.
  • It’s easier to score goals in a side that goes gung ho in attack. Without looking it up I reckon I’m he got a lot more chances in the first season after promotion than the last two
  • .... and breathe. My dogs went off their food for a while, which totally messed up my predictions. So I 've been holding my breath. Southampton and Leicester have been dire. West Ham have been turning up now and then, like Everton and Nottingham Forest. Palace,Wolves and Bournemouth have surpassed expectations. Which leaves Leeds and New boy on the block Sam Allardyce. They may shove Everton though the trapdoor.
  • Yes I think the momentum is with Leeds, I expect them to go for it against us and I doubt we will be able to respond
  • edited May 2023
    Oh we are guaranteed a win cos for once in a blue moon they've given me a Sunday shift. I start work at 3:20pm so I'll have to leave home at half time and won't see the 2nd half
  • Oh we are guaranteed a win cos for once in a blue moon they've given me a Sunday shift. I start work at 3:20pm so I'll have to leave home at half time and won't see the 2nd half

They probably thought that they were doing you a favour.
  • We're mathematically safe now 😊😊😊.
  • Was never worried =)
  • So we are safe whatever our last 2 results are.
    I never want us to lose, of course.
    BUT Big Sam IMO did more good than bad for our club, so if he can keep them up, regardless of tomorrow's result, I'll accept that...IMO if it's between Leeds and Everton...
    Cheers and welcome to the championship for the Toffees.
  • Also, just for the fun of it....
    Come on you Gooners !!
  • its fun watching it play out now
  • Is it me or has Ramsdale been a bit shaky the few games? 🤔
  • IronHerb said:

Is it me or has Ramsdale been a bit shaky the few games? 🤔

I think they all have =)
  • Can’t Leeds still stay up even if we beat them tomorrow IF they beat Tottenham?
  • To be fair, if Sam keeps them up he will be given the keys to the city, they showed up against City and Newcastle and I think they will really go for it against us and we will struggle to cope.

They have momentum and think they have a decent chance against both us and Spurs - will be quite the story - oh and if it sends Everton down with Leicester- that’ll work for me
  • If Forest win today ,All 3 clubs that came up will survive when was the last time that happened
  • Leeds have 2 points from the last 7 games, hardly momentum.
  • IMO, Sam has had an impact, revitalized and instilled belief in them, losing just 2-1 to City and going toe to toe against an in form Newcastle and gaining a well deserved point……sounds like momentum to me
  • I couldn’t give a monkey’s who goes down, we’re not and that’s all I care about.
  • So Forest and us keep our managers and stay up ,The 3 to go down all changed there's at lest once .
  • steve said:

So Forest and us keep our managers and stay up ,The 3 to go down all changed there's at lest once .

Yup.

• edited May 2023
    steve said:

So Forest and us keep our managers and stay up ,The 3 to go down all changed there's at lest once .

Whilst this is undoubtedly true, other teams sacked their managers during the season and it worked out well for them. Villa, Palace and Wolves all changed managers during the season and their form and position improved as a result. And one of Everton, Leeds and Leicester will have made the 'right' decision in bringing in someone new, depending on which of the three stay up.

Those three, and Southampton, arguably acted too late. There was every chance that had they stuck with Jones, Marsch, Lampard and Rogers they'd be in exactly the same position as they are now.

I don't think us keeping Moyes or Forest keeping Cooper should necessarily be seen as some kind of masterstroke, or that is demonstrates that sticking with underperforming managers is the right decision. They're decisions that appear to have paid off in terms of staying up, but there's nothing to say that had Moyes been sacked in November we couldn't have brought someone in that would have had the same impact on us as Emery has had at Villa.
  • edited May 2023
    But every chance, had they acted earlier, they'd have ended up even worse off
  • It's impossible to know what would have happened if something other had taken place - it might have resulted in a better outcome. Might have been a disaster.
  • I definitely lean towards disaster, despite the wheels somewhat coming off, keeping DM for the season was always my preference, that being said, I am firmly in the camp that would like to see a new face at the helm for the upcoming campaign.

We have survived and a Euro final is a nice way to mark the end of his tenure-ship, but this is team in need of a major makeover and I think the time is right to give the reins - (and the Rice money) to a new administration - I do not know who, perhaps Potter would be a good shout, but hopefully we get someone who will tasked with building a new team and be our manager for the long run.

• How can the team be in need of a major makeover when we brought in about 7 players in the summer. Are you suggesting we get rid of them and bring in another 7.
    Most of them got injured and missed huge chunks of the season namely Aguerd, Scamacca, Cornet and Paqueta for spells.
    We weren’t good the last spell of last season and trying to bed in that number of new players was always risky but I’m sure they’ll be a marked improvement next season.
  • Not that I have any special liking for them, but why all the hate for Everton?
  • Not that I have any special liking for them, but why all the hate for Everton?

Sean Dyche for a start!