Moyes In or Moyes Out

Comments

• Odd that the Telegraph regards Moyes being Scottish and Potter being English as relevant

However Sullivan has favoured the Telegraph in the past so...
  • Odd that the Telegraph regards Moyes being Scottish and Potter being English as relevant

I'm not sure they think it's relevant, it's just filler like including their ages (although I agree some might consider that more relevant, although would that be being ageist?).

• How can Moyes survive this
  • steve said:

How can Moyes survive this

Easily, how can you lay the blame for these individual mistakes on him? Tbh I feel sorry for him this evening.
  • Can’t blame him for the goals, tbh. All of them were hush appalling defending. You could criticise the attacking tactics and lack of flexibility though.
  • Home games remaining against Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd & Leeds.

One away win all season.

Do the owners twist now?
  • Lukerz said:

Home games remaining against Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd & Leeds.

One away win all season.

Do the owners twist now?

Something has to change. Because this is becoming desperate.
  • They must be tempted to twist & appoint Rodgers.
  • He’s very much the sort of guy they would go for. I don’t think there will be a change though.
  • Please just go Moyes.
  • Lukerz said:

They must be tempted to twist & appoint Rodgers.

The problem they have is that the reasons for sacking him now where exactly the reasons for sacking him back in November. Nothing has changed and nothing has improved. If they act now, it'll only highlight their incompetence in not doing it sooner.

I think they're more likely to remain stubborn and keep him and essentially trust to luck that we'll scrape enough points against those around us.
  • Rodgers and Potter are available now. The question of who would replace him is not as unclear as then.
  • I am hopeful that both of them will still be available in the summer so some due diligence can be had on who might be the best fit.

They have both had traumatic seasons and would probably welcome the respite, I think that assuming we survive, and I think we will, we will be an attractive option for either of them.

Just my tuppence worth

• Rodgers and Potter are available now. The question of who would replace him is not as unclear as then.

I get your point, but clubs can make a manager available if they're prepared to pay up for them.

The attraction now is that Potter or Rodgers won't costs millions in terms of compensation, so it will only be Moyes’s severance that they'd have to cough up.

But my point is that performances and results are no worse now than they were in November. The only difference is the one that you highlight, which might suggest that if they do pull the trigger now it's only because they could save some money on the replacement.
  • I just can’t see any reason for keeping Moyes.We are spiralling towards the championship.
    “The results are no worse than in November.What sort of reasoning is that?”
  • mike said:

I just can’t see any reason for keeping Moyes.We are spiralling towards the championship.
    “The results are no worse than in November.What sort of reasoning is that?”

I agree. The point I was making was that I think they should have sacked him in November when results and performances were bad, just as they are now.
  • Just landed at NY. What a nice surprise that result was. Bunch of losers.
  • edited April 2023
    I said all season I am happy to keep him & give him the season. That’s me.

The board will be considering it now, 10 games left, 4 tough home games & 6 very hard away games (given our away record).

Will they feel worse if they twist & we go down or they stick & we go down.

I would be surprised if they are not having an informal chat with somebody today to see. Given how quickly the Fulham game is, I imagine he’ll remain in charge but it is getting to the point where a change can’t be made due to how late in the season it is.
  • edited April 2023
    Back to basics for the remaining games:

Fabianski
    Coufal - Zouma - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Downes - Rice
    Bowen - Fornals - Lanzini
    Antonio

Areola, Aguerd, Kehrer, Emerson, Soucek, Paqueta, Benrahma, Cornet, Ings
  • edited April 2023
    We’ve taken 6 points from our 12 away games this season (3 draws, 1 win, 8 defeats). Even if we took that from our remaining 6 away games, which would be a miracle, that’s 33 points. We then need 5 (maybe) from our home games. Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Leeds. I see 3 at best there.

It’s getting very tough.
  • Lukerz said:

We’ve taken 6 points from our 12 away games this season (3 draws, 1 win, 8 defeats). Even if we took that from our remaining 6 away games, which would be a miracle, that’s 33 points. We then need 5 (maybe) from our home games. Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Leeds. I see 3 at best there.

It’s getting very tough.

I agree it's tough, especially given our away form, but should we manage to get to 36 points I'm confident we'll be OK. Unfortunately we may struggle to get those 9 points, and may end up having to rely on other teams having fewer than our 34 or 35 points.
  • Bournemouth away
    Palace away

I don’t see a win there.

Man City away

Brentford away
    Leicester away

I don’t see a win there.

Issue is those last 3 games against Brentford, Leeds & Leicester could come too late.
  • We are dependent on others around us losing their games. i cant see what we would lose by letting Moyes go. There is something wrong between him and the players. we cant change the players so change Moyes. Not sure Potter is the answer though.
  • If the owners want to make a change it won’t be Potter, it will be somebody who can make an impact in a 10 game mini season.
  • Bring back big sam until the end of the season. Give him a big bonus if he keeps us up.... couldn't do any worse than moyes is doing right now
  • edited April 2023
    Out of interest, have any of the posters that were in the “Moyes in” category changed their minds over the past weeks ? Just curious…
  • Very frustrating as it was so blatantly obvious what was happening long before the World cup. The board have absolutely killed us..
  • Yes Ham it’s a shame as the board backed Moyes in the summer and I imagine got a lot of previously dissenting fans on board. However, this drop off in performances I seem to recall started about Feb 2022 and was sort of disguised by the euro adventure. I believe the board has dithered since the autumn and it is costing us dearly.
  • Lukerz said:

Back to basics for the remaining games:

Fabianski
    Coufal - Zouma - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Downes - Rice
    Bowen - Fornals - Lanzini
    Antonio

Areola, Aguerd, Kehrer, Emerson, Soucek, Paqueta, Benrahma, Cornet, Ings

Just realised you bought Aaron William Cresswell back into the eleven. Do you genuinely think he improves the situation?

And you've dropped the only defender with any pace.

Thing is, it wouldn't actually surprise me if Moyes did this and tried to evoke the spirit of 2021.
  • Chelsea re appoint their club hero and legend Frank Lampard.

Paolo Di Canio Anyone 🤷‍♂️😜