Moyes In or Moyes Out

edited January 14 in Manager
As suggested by Jay, I'm just looking for a simple In or Out really. It feels unanimous in most places I look, but would be interested to know the consensus on here.

Personally, and unsurprisingly, I'm out.
«13456716

Comments

  • He hasn't a clue how to turn this around

    Persists with out of form players for a whole year now what's the point

    Sack him
  • Shake it all about

    OUT if we can get Tommy Tuchel
  • Out I’m afraid. ⚒
  • In, obvs.
  • Sounds like Dragons Den on here - Out.
  • Out....Please
  • Out

    (Naturally, I think posting this immediately after a loss will result in even more “outs”)
  • Out

    (Naturally, I think posting this immediately after a loss will result in even more “outs”)

    Yes, fair point. Might be a bit more reactionary. That said, our form has been poor for so long now that I'm not sure today will have made much of a difference to people's opinions.
  • I was out after the Brentford win if that helps
  • I haven’t posted for a while but Out for me. We’re just boring to watch and have been for too long. He seems to have run out of ideas I’m afraid 😕
  • As I can't find a fence emoji, it's OUT for me.
  • Why is it always the manager’s fault?
    I don’t just mean in this instance but in general.
    If there’s anyone more angry and frustrated than us fans then surely it’s the manager when things go south.
    I don’t believe in this “ he’s lost the dressing room” malarkey . If the players are miffed at the coach then they should just suck it up and do what he wants them to do and go and earn their millions.I don’t think there’s been a manager in history who wants his players to perform badly. He sees the players every day in training and picks the side he sees as right for the next game.
    We might not get why a coach picks a certain player but I know that he knows a hell of a lot more than us fans.
    For those reasons ( and others) I think we should stick with our manager.
  • I want Out, but ultimately doesn't make a difference, no other managers out there who I think can turn it around. I also don't think Moyes is going to turn it around either.

    So with that said ultimately got to be In, and sack him when we get relegated and recruit a young manager like Burnley did with Kompany. No use bringing in Sean Dyche or any other manager to take us down with and hope they bring us back up, has to be done when we are officially relegated so the new manager doesn't have half a seasons games of a squad that will not be there next season.


  • Sorry to say it but... out!
  • Slacker said:

    Why is it always the manager’s fault?
    I don’t just mean in this instance but in general.
    If there’s anyone more angry and frustrated than us fans then surely it’s the manager when things go south.
    I don’t believe in this “ he’s lost the dressing room” malarkey . If the players are miffed at the coach then they should just suck it up and do what he wants them to do and go and earn their millions.I don’t think there’s been a manager in history who wants his players to perform badly. He sees the players every day in training and picks the side he sees as right for the next game.
    We might not get why a coach picks a certain player but I know that he knows a hell of a lot more than us fans.
    For those reasons ( and others) I think we should stick with our manager.

    I agree the players are also to blame. However it's how football is. You can't really sack the whole playing staff so ultimately it's the manager that gets the boot.
  • Eddie Howe took over at Newcastle & a few of the players who were deemed rubbish by the toon fans are now a revelation, the likes of Joelinton & Almiron, so a change of manager can bring about a positive outcome.
  • I am thankful for what Moyes achieved at West Ham in both his stints.

    If Potter or Roger’s were suddenly available and would come to us I would be likely to say out.

    If not, then stick with him to the end of the season and hope he turns it around, or we’ll need a new manager in the Championship.
  • Hamstew said:

    Slacker said:

    Why is it always the manager’s fault?
    I don’t just mean in this instance but in general.
    If there’s anyone more angry and frustrated than us fans then surely it’s the manager when things go south.
    I don’t believe in this “ he’s lost the dressing room” malarkey . If the players are miffed at the coach then they should just suck it up and do what he wants them to do and go and earn their millions.I don’t think there’s been a manager in history who wants his players to perform badly. He sees the players every day in training and picks the side he sees as right for the next game.
    We might not get why a coach picks a certain player but I know that he knows a hell of a lot more than us fans.
    For those reasons ( and others) I think we should stick with our manager.

    I agree the players are also to blame. However it's how football is. You can't really sack the whole playing staff so ultimately it's the manager that gets the boot.
    Tbh I think that’s my point.
    So a new man comes in and suddenly they start performing well? Isn’t that a bit disingenuous of them?

  • Maybe. That or he can't be bothered either.
  • But it could be down to a change if system or tactics.
  • Slacker said:

    Hamstew said:

    Slacker said:

    Why is it always the manager’s fault?
    I don’t just mean in this instance but in general.
    If there’s anyone more angry and frustrated than us fans then surely it’s the manager when things go south.
    I don’t believe in this “ he’s lost the dressing room” malarkey . If the players are miffed at the coach then they should just suck it up and do what he wants them to do and go and earn their millions.I don’t think there’s been a manager in history who wants his players to perform badly. He sees the players every day in training and picks the side he sees as right for the next game.
    We might not get why a coach picks a certain player but I know that he knows a hell of a lot more than us fans.
    For those reasons ( and others) I think we should stick with our manager.

    I agree the players are also to blame. However it's how football is. You can't really sack the whole playing staff so ultimately it's the manager that gets the boot.
    Tbh I think that’s my point.
    So a new man comes in and suddenly they start performing well? Isn’t that a bit disingenuous of them?

    Doesn’t that depend on whether they are playing badly on purpose or because they don’t know what he wants them to do? To me, it has looked for some time like the game plan is unclear, and that either he can’t explain to them what he wants them to do, they can’t execute the game plan that he wants, or the game plan is just not good enough.

    I don’t know if I’m in or out tbh. I have no faith in the board to hire someone better so I guess in.
  • A big problem with him imo is he has limited ideas. Tactics and subs. Also he appears very set in his ways. Other teams work out how to counter those tactics and he has no answer.
  • But the last two seasons they seemed to get it.
    Ok the last few months of last season not so much.
  • Hamstew said:

    Maybe. That or he can't be bothered either.

    Really? So maybe he’s just hanging around for a pay off?
  • Slacker said:

    But the last two seasons they seemed to get it.
    Ok the last few months of last season not so much.

    They did, but the difference is (to me at least) that he’s good at setting them up as a counter attacking side and teams now know how to stop us doing that well. He doesn’t seem, IMO, to know how to get us to play well as a possession based side. Bringing in Kehrer, Paqueta, Aguerd and Scamacca suggests he wanted to move to that style of play, but it just hasn’t worked.
  • Slacker said:

    Hamstew said:

    Maybe. That or he can't be bothered either.

    Really? So maybe he’s just hanging around for a pay off?
    I don't know
  • Many wanted him gone before the break but I was all for giving a chance, sadly I think he has had that chance. I think we need someone who can try and make more of what we have, get us playing differently and bring some new ideas. He has not just failed to take points but failed against teams we have really needed to.

Sign In or Register to comment.