Moyes In or Moyes Out

Comments

• yes please
  • Havent had a chance to get online since I posted the Rodgers/Potter comment (close to Lake Tahoe and the snow build up is the most in 70 years!).

Personally, I'd pull the trigger and ask Rodgers to come to us (probably not in that order though)

• Remember Lake Tahoe back when I was 22 many many years ago ,Did water sking there to impress a girl .fell over after about 6 seconds and that was that ,loved it despite not getting the girl =)
  • Ravel49 said:

Chelsea re appoint their club hero and legend Frank Lampard.

Paolo Di Canio Anyone 🤷‍♂️😜

Two hopes and one of the is Benito...
  • I have no idea how true this is, but I'm all for it. And all that.

• Out of interest, have any of the posters that were in the “Moyes in” category changed their minds over the past weeks ? Just curious…

No I haven't. I don't think that those mistakes can be blamed on Moyes. It would IMO make little sense to change this late in the season, Apart from the obvious individual errors I think the team tried for 90 minutes. A bad result but the team are clearly still playing for him.
  • Would not be surprised if Lampard is considered once his temp stint at the Chavs is done - and yes I am aware of the history - stranger things and all that - thoughts?
  • Would not be surprised if Lampard is considered once his temp stint at the Chavs is done - and yes I am aware of the history - stranger things and all that - thoughts?

When hell freezes over. =)
  • Out of interest, have any of the posters that were in the “Moyes in” category changed their minds over the past weeks ? Just curious…

No I haven't. I don't think that those mistakes can be blamed on Moyes. It would IMO make little sense to change this late in the season, Apart from the obvious individual errors I think the team tried for 90 minutes. A bad result but the team are clearly still playing for him.
    👍🏻However while I posted this the day after a shocking result I was talking about the past few weeks where things have been “ much the same “ a win , a loss, etc etc “..
    But FairPlay and each to their own.
    IMO he loses on the weekend and that should see him leave the building 🤣
  • I’ve not changed my mind yet, personally. I still feel like he has been successful enough to deserve more time in charge. I still look at his Everton record - 15th, 7th, 17th, 4th, 11th, 7th, 5th, 5th, 8th, 7th, 6th - and think the guy is worth being patient with.

That said, for the past 18 months I’ve found us very boring to watch so from a purely aesthetic position I wouldn’t be anti-change.
  • Getting four more wins is a tall task for a demoralised and disjointed squad. Can't see Moyes delivering it.

I would suggest that Kevin Keen (with Mark Robson) be made the interim manager. He has motivated the U-18s and they play with a certain swagger and purpose. He was also a good footballer and knows what t means to wear a WHU shirt.

https://www.whufc.com/news/highlights-u18s-6-1-southampton
  • Said it before, but there’s no way we need 4 wins. I’d be so shocked if teams didn’t survive with 36 points
  • The teams in the bottom all play each other so they will be taking points off one another. I reckon 2 wins and a draw or two should do the trick.
  • alderz said:

Said it before, but there’s no way we need 4 wins. I’d be so shocked if teams didn’t survive with 36 points

I've said this too, 36 points I'm confident we'd stay up, 35 points I think will be enough, and even 34 points with a decent goal different (even after Newcastle and with City to come, it's still better than most of those at the bottom) would give us a shout imo.
  • With this amount of games to go, the fact that sme of us are thinking or hoping 2 wins and a couple of draws would be enough is pretty damning in termws of expectations. Thats especially the case when we hve a squad of internationals that other teams in the bottom half would love to have
  • edited April 2023
    Bazshuayi said:

With this amount of games to go, the fact that sme of us are thinking or hoping 2 wins and a couple of draws would be enough is pretty damning in termws of expectations. Thats especially the case when we hve a squad of internationals that other teams in the bottom half would love to have

Maybe so, but at this stage of the season we're just being realistic; staying up makes a huge difference for the club for the next 5, maybe even 10 seasons, so it's all about avoiding relegation and hoping for better next season.
  • Obviously the priority is to stay up but believe with a new manager in November, we'd ot even be thinking about staying up, hoping others win for us etc
  • That’s pure speculation.
  • edited April 2023

Out of interest, have any of the posters that were in the “Moyes in” category changed their minds over the past weeks ? Just curious…

I have moved into the "Moyes out" camp. Strangely, even though we won today, it was this game that pushed me over the edge. Moyes doesn't seem to have a back-up plan. 23% possession is not good enough.
  • The tactics, formation and willingness to give up the majority of possession in order to focus on an clean sheet or defence of a slender lead, maybe enough to secure survival but it is not the way forward if you wish to advance the team.

My opinion has not changed, he needs to stay until the end of the season but I think we need a fresh face before the next campaign
  • MIAHammer said:

Out of interest, have any of the posters that were in the “Moyes in” category changed their minds over the past weeks ? Just curious…

I have moved into the "Moyes out" camp. Strangely, even though we won today, it was this game that pushed me over the edge. Moyes doesn't seem to have a back-up plan. 23% possession is not good enough.
    I get that winning was the most important thing today, but for me Moyes even manages to make wins feel like defeats sometimes.

I don't think he has a hope of recapturing the form we showed in that 18 month period during the pandemic. That period certainly stands out as the exception when you set it against the form he had at Man Utd, Sociedad and Sunderland and now us post- January 2022.

I think we have long since peaked under his leadership and even if we stay up, I can't see the performances or results improving next season.
  • Moyes has a contract until the end of next season, if we don't get relegated then Sullivan will probably want to let him see out his contract although if Kretínský and whoever controls Gold's shares want a new manager they could out vote Sullivan.
  • edited April 2023
    Times report he is expected to leave at the end of the season even if he keeps us up & wins ECL.
  • I’m currently in the out camp, but if he keeps us up and we win ECL I think I would switch to in.
  • Tottenham, West Ham and Crystal Palace are all keen on Dutch manager Arne Slot, who has turned Feyenoord into runaway Eredivisie leaders. (Times - subscription required)
  • edited April 2023
    I think the board may pay his contract off this summer and appoint a new manager regardless of what happens in the next few weeks.
    There’s so much vitriol and bad blood flying about regarding Moyes that they may think it’s best for all parties.
    I know that if I was in Moyes’ shoes I’d take the money and sit on a beach in Cambodia for a few months.
  • edited April 2023
    Interesting choice Slacker, Cambodia 🤫😉
  • edited April 2023
    All the "vitriol and bad blood" seems to come from some of the fans and some journos, attendances are still up so why should the board care?

The only things that will count is whether we stay up and how we do in the ECL. If we get relegated then I don't think the board has much choice but if we win the ECL or maybe reach the final it will be very difficult to justify sacking him

I've seen no evidence that suggests Moyes wants to leave and if he quits he's unlikely to get a job at another club with our mid-table level of spending power

The next two months will be very interesting
  • Interesting choice Slacker, Cambodia 🤫😉

Beautiful place, wonderful people.

• I’m no accountant but is there that much revenue from attendances? I always thought that it’s the TV money is where the majority of income comes from.
    To be clear I still want Moyes to stay but would completely understand if he jacked it in this summer.