Couldn't think - from Dec 2022

Comments

• Nah this is more me and Herb.

• I was thinking more Bert and Ernie hahaha
  • OCS and Yeold, ten past three on a match day:

• Good article on Haller highlighting a very important topic:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64638054
  • edited February 2023
    Lee Mason has left PGMOL "by mutual consent" after his blunder in the Brentford/Arsenal game last weekend:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64683971

Can't help feeling this might not have happened if it had been a match between two mid-table, non-Sky 6 teams (thought I'd better clarify as Chelsea and Liverpool are decidedly mid-table atm).
  • Shocking ref and backed it up by being shocking on VAR. Won't be missed.
  • Wasn't the VAR error made by John Brookes on a par with the one Lee Mason made?
  • Both bribed by Man City and those charges should be added to the 100+ they're already facing :)

(Yes, I realize this is a wild, immature, salty, unfounded, unreasonable and most likely has a 99.9% chance of being innaccurate statement)
  • Got this from Sky a while ago... 'Wigan winger James McClean has bizarrely suggested football should allow 10-to-15-second ice hockey-style fights between players, who would then be sin-binned'

At first I scoffed. Then I wondered how satisfying it would be to see certain players be subject to this.

Then I wondered, with very certain players in mind, whether it would be stopped after 15 seconds :)
  • Anyone watching the cricket? Root has made 50 off 52 balls but is positively sedate compared to Brook's 50 off just 37 balls. Just a reminder, this is a Test Match 😂🤣😂
  • The commentator said it's 20/20 cricket in whites. Hahaha
  • I missed the batting, but good to see Stuart Broad having "one of his spells"
  • Such a tragedy with so many lives lost… ❤️❤️❤️https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64687384
  • edited February 2023
    Sometimes we do just need a feeling sad button

As no words can do any justice 💔
  • edited February 2023
    Is it just me that thinks Warner might not have failed his concussion test (for which a player can be substituted and the new player is allowed to bat) if he hadn't also have fractured his elbow (for which, whilst a substitute fielder would be allowed, that player wouldn't be allowed to bat)? He only failed the concussion test after he finished batting in the first innings, rather than immediately on the field, just strikes me as extremely convenient that he then fails the concussion test to allow Australia their full compliment of batters in the second innings 🤔🤔🤔.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/64686936
  • He batted on after fracturing his arm though.
  • IronHerb said:

He batted on after fracturing his arm though.

True, but hardly likely to bat in the second innings once the fracture had been confirmed.
  • England dismiss New Zealand for 126 in their second innings to win by 267 runs before lunch on the 4th day 😊.
  • As a recent birthday present I received 1st day tickets for the Oval Ashes Test at the end of July. 😎
  • IronHerb said:

As a recent birthday present I received 1st day tickets for the Oval Ashes Test at the end of July. 😎

Very nice, I was lucky enough to see the first day of play (actually the Saturday, the scheduled 3rd day) of the 3rd Test v South Africa at the Oval last summer. I hope England continue to fare well in their new style against much tougher opponents 🤞🤞🤞.
  • See Boston’s new stadium name for the next 5 years is Toughsheet Community Stadium. Imagine rival fans name for it.
  • Bolton
    Yeah twitter is def having some fun with this one

Don’t like the new name? Well toughsheet!
  • Dickie Davies has passed away:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-64700358

Presenter of World of Sport, reminds me of Saturday afternoon TV.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Both bribed by Man City and those charges should be added to the 100+ they're already facing :)

(Yes, I realize this is a wild, immature, salty, unfounded, unreasonable and most likely has a 99.9% chance of being innaccurate statement)

Par for the course then, Baz 😄
  • I like to think so ;)
  • West Ham United's Premier League fixture changes for April have been confirmed.

Our home match against Southampton will now be played on Sunday 2 April, with kick-off at 2pm. Sky Sports will broadcast this fixture live in the UK.

Next, our home match against Newcastle United, which was postponed in September, has been rearranged for Wednesday 5 April. This match will kick-off at 8pm and will also be shown live in the UK by Sky Sports.

The derby fixture against Arsenal at London Stadium will now kick-off at 2pm on Sunday 16 April, with this match also on Sky Sports.

BT Sport will screen our home game against Liverpool on Wednesday 26 April, with kick-off at 7.45pm.

Finally, the away game at Crystal Palace remains on Saturday 29 April, but will now kick-off at 12.30pm as BT Sport have chosen to broadcast the Selhurst Park clash live in the UK.
  • edited February 2023
    IronHerb said:

BT Sport will screen our home game against Liverpool on Wednesday 26 April, with kick-off at 7.45pm.

Does this mean it's been switched from Tuesday 25th April then? Our media department really is beyond useless; either it's been moved and they've not said so, or they've got the date wrong.
  • It's been changed to Wednesday 26th, as per 'fixture changes.'
  • IronHerb said:

It's been changed to Wednesday 26th, as per 'fixture changes.'

The other changes are actually stated as such, this simply says "BT Sport will screen our home game against Liverpool on Wednesday 26 April" as if it wasn't being shown before, but now it is.
This discussion has been closed.