😟
  • Slacker said:

Got up to watch it.β˜”οΈ
    😟

I've not gone to bed yet πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
  • buffy, Memories of transfer deadline day. πŸ˜„
  • buffy, Memories of transfer deadline day. πŸ˜„

Fortunately a lot more happened πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
  • 30 years today since we lost Bobby at just 51 years old.
  • One of those β€œ I remember exactly where I was when I heard” moments.

RIP Mooro.βš’
  • It's the grim anniversary of the Russian invasion of Ukraine today, dreadful to think of the lives lost thanks to Putin's ego. I hope today doesn't signal a new offensive as has been suggested it might.

A complete tragedy Buffy and as always the population at large bears the most pain and heartbreak. It's very hard to see how it ends anytime soon and I suspect China hold the key. They have began to speak of a peace plan today and are probably the only ones able to provide Putin an element of face saving. Other than that Putin cannot afford to lose as it would be the end of him and his legacy, whilst for Ukraine to lose would make Ukraine Russia in all but name.
  • edited February 2023
    I genuinely feel that Russia can't "win" in that they won't fully occupy Ukraine; if they were going to, they would have done so in their first push. Equally, unfortunately I can't see Ukraine having the military might to regain all their occupied land, which suggests that we're in for a long drawn out conflict as there is no way, imo, that either side can or will accept a compromise, certainly not while Putin is still in control in Russia, which, barring his death, he will be for the foreseeable future; their constitution is basically changed every time he might have to stand down.

The whole war is down to Putin, his ego, and his desire for a legacy that is nothing short of the recreation of an imperialist Russia.
  • I agree Buffy, but his aim isn't to make Ukraine Russian in name by occupying it but by having complete control over a Russian installed Govt. That in my view was his original aim, to invade make the Govt breakdown and flee and then install his own people. To send the message, no NATO, no EU membership, you exist as sovereign because I allow you to, only in name.
  • I think his aim is to recreate the Soviet Union. He was always vehemently opposed to the breakup.
  • Watching Fulham v Wolves ,Diop and Dawson both playing ,could have done with both them still
  • Wolves winning does us no good
  • Slacker said:

Got up to watch it.β˜”οΈ
    😟

I hope you've not done that again this morning, rain has just stopped play after another great day's cricket.

• Nah, I’m at my daughter’s and slept like a champ.My day will be filled with granddaughter cuddles.
    This England side is something else innit?
    Can’t wait for the summer, I managed to snaffle a ticket for the Saturday at Old Trafford.πŸŽ‰
  • The summer will be a real test of where this team and its style is really at, although saying that the Aussies are having a tough time on India's typically home friendly pitches atm.
  • edited February 2023
    An interesting day's cricket today, New Zealand grinding to a good total after being made to follow on yesterday. Harry Brook took his first Test wicket (and only his 8th or 9th senior wicket I think) to break a 6th wicket partnership of more than 150, and then, after an extra-ordinary run out thanks to excellent work by Foakes, Leach mopped up the tail with the last 4 wickets going for only 5 runs.

483 is a very good third innings total, especially after being made to follow on, but I would hope the target of 258 that New Zealand have set England should be achievable 🀞🀞🀞. An important 45 mins this morning before the close of play, let's hope we start better than the 21-3 we managed in our first innings.
  • 48-1 at close of play, needing a further 210 tonight/tomorrow to win.
  • From what I have read, the track in Wellington typically gets easier and easier to bat on - cue a mad English collapse! Hopefully England continue their bold approach and wrap upon the match by midnight - work to do.
  • England doing their best to give this one away. 80-4.
  • 80-5. A stupid run out for Brook 1st ball.
  • 80-5. A stupid run out for Brook 1st ball.

Shocking, he wasn't even close.
  • No issues from the pitch, giving wickets away. Time for Stokes to contribute.
  • Will be interesting to see if Stokes will knuckle down a bit, I think he's been too gung ho with his own batting since he took over as captain.
  • Root has a history of run outs.
  • Stokes playing on one leg atm, his dodgy knee looks really dodgy atm.
  • edited February 2023

Stokes playing on one leg atm, his dodgy knee looks really dodgy atm.

The New Zealand commentators on my stream are saying their bowlers should be bowling bouncers to Stokes to force him back on to his dodgy knee; all I could think of was:
  • What on earth was that from Stokes?
  • edited February 2023

What on earth was that from Stokes?

Very poor, such a shame after showing such restraint, 201-6, 57 needed. Undoubtedly his knee was a factor though, having to play the short ball whilst hamstrung by his injury.
  • Now moronic cricket, I'm going to sleep now hahaha
This discussion has been closed.