Couldn't think - from Dec 2022

Comments

• He’s in the starting line-up. Probably easier to get him to hospital by 8 pm than 9.
  • It was a bit of a hiding for the U21’s. 5-1
  • edited March 2023
    Joined March 2011

- 12 years (post BBC 606)
  • 12 years of fish puns
  • and the joining queue was "..........................................................." this long I swear
  • On the plus side, Spurs are out of the Champions League, and, with a rejuvenated Liverpool only just behind them with a game in hand, could find that they don't qualify for it next season.
  • @MrsGrey, How are you enjoying the weather? I understand it's 16 degrees in Athens. =)
  • Alas, I'm in London 😆
  • MrsGrey said:

Alas, I'm in London 😆

I think he already knew that 🤔🤔🤔😂🤣😂
  • 😡

😂
  • More lovely press about West Ham.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64909195

Fans being banned because they're sniffing coke off the bald head of the man in front of them. I'm sure I just notice West Ham news more than any other clubs news, but it seems like we're in the news for ridiculous stuff like this much more frequently than other clubs.
  • So chuffed for him. He works so hard.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64913224
  • He may or may not work hard, but there is an interesting line in the report:

Although it is a prestigious title, it does not come with any land or income.

It may elevate his ability to get into various clubs, hotels etc ...
  • Really back on all this king queen stuff again ,Okay could someone tell me why Harry and megan or what ever there calling themselves these days ,Give Royal titles to there kids ,i thought they were done with all that
  • edited March 2023
    Whilst I personally think that Lineker comparing the government's stance on trying to prevent more illegal immigrants (let's not forget, that's what they are, illegal, and it's not as if they're seeking asylum from persecution in France, is it, they're already safe there) to 1930's Germany is completely wrong, I'm not sure that what a sports presenter posts on social media should impact his worthiness to present a football programme.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64920557
  • Freedom of speech is no more
  • Personally, completely agree with Lineker, and think the BBC is a joke for failing to back him.
  • alderz said:

Personally, completely agree with Lineker, and think the BBC is a joke for failing to back him.

So you think trying to prevent people illegally coming here from France is akin to the policies of the Third Reich?
  • Lineker’s comments are extremely naive and Inappropriate IMO… but we all entitled to our own thoughts I guess.. but his comparison IMO is a shocker
  • Slacker said:

So chuffed for him. He works so hard.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64913224

That look to me like the old Duke of Edinburgh regenerating into the body of Tony Blair.

Where's David Icke?
  • alderz said:

Personally, completely agree with Lineker, and think the BBC is a joke for failing to back him.

So you think trying to prevent people illegally coming here from France is akin to the policies of the Third Reich?
    I think that demonising groups of people and using them as a political football is pretty akin to the early days, yes.

FWIW I think illegal boat crossings should be stopped, but I think they would be more successful in stopping them by making more compassionate policies, and more legal routes, rather than pushing back boats off the coast of Dover so that children drown.
  • alderz said:

He said the language used by the Govt- Which I think is fair comment.
  • And to add, I think the fact people are talking about Lineker instead of the fact that there is cost of living crisis, and we can’t get fresh vegetables is exactly what the government wanted by using that sort of language in the first place.
  • alderz said:

And to add, I think the fact people are talking about Lineker instead of the fact that there is cost of living crisis, and we can’t get fresh vegetables is exactly what the government wanted by using that sort of language in the first place.

They could hardly know that Lineker was going to create the furore? And they're to blame for the weather that's affected the supply of fresh produce? Or the war in Ukraine, and Covid, which are huge factors in the cost of living increases atm?
  • alderz said:

And to add, I think the fact people are talking about Lineker instead of the fact that there is cost of living crisis, and we can’t get fresh vegetables is exactly what the government wanted by using that sort of language in the first place.

They could hardly know that Lineker was going to create the furore? And they're to blame for the weather that's affected the supply of fresh produce? Or the war in Ukraine, and Covid, which are huge factors in the cost of living increases atm?
    Ok

• They could hardly know that Lineker was going to create the furore?

The 'who' is irrelevant. It's all dog whistle politics and trying to create a distraction.

Did the NHS suddenly become better funded? Are the trains working better.... Or have we just stopped talking about it.

• edited March 2023
    Can you see any universe in which Lineker tweeted 'Sensible policies from the Govt to tackle the terrible problem of small boats, well done" and the outcome was the same?

Just as partisan...

Shame on the govt ( again) and shame on the cowardly BBC.
  • Maybe Lineker could have worded his objection to what's happening with the boat crossings across the channel better but they are his personal thoughts written on his own Twitter feed. He hasn't said anything whilst presenting Match of the Day, so I don't see what the big furore is.
This discussion has been closed.