Couldn't think - from Dec 2022

Comments

• Lets face it. Who would want to stay in France, illegally or legally.
  • The Govt has succeeded in their aim to distract from their appalling record over the last twelve years and the fall out from Brexit which weighs on so many industries more with each month. It's clear to most that Brexit was a vehicle for a populist politician to gain power and now it looks to be unraveling they have nothing more in the locker than to try the same trick twice. It was the EU that we will get rid of and make you better off and now your big problem is small boats. Wind yourself up over small boats.

This is not to say it's not an issue but it's not the size they would have you believe, yet it has now been successfully magnified.

If our numbers were anywhere near those of Germany or Poland I could imagine it being much higher up the list of issues.

On a lighter note I reckon viewing figures for MOTD will be through the roof tonight out of sheer curiosity.
  • If Gary's not on, I'm not watching it!
  • If Gary's not on, I'm not watching it!

Apparently it's only lasting twenty minutes. Fantastic, they thought they were going to take him off air, yet he has virtually taken them off air.
  • That’s probably more actual football than you normally get.
  • That’s probably more actual football than you normally get.

It’ll be the same amount of football, but nothing else.
  • The limits on how much football they can show hasn't changed. The footage is rationed by Sky etc, and MoTD always shows as much as they can.
  • Shows how much drivel you normally have to listen to then especially as we are normally on last. I stopped watching live yonks ago and sometimes record and watch the football at some other time.
  • Shows how much drivel you normally have to listen to then especially as we are normally on last. I stopped watching live yonks ago and sometimes record and watch the football at some other time.

Personally, I appreciate the analysis. Whatever game it’s for
  • edited March 2023
    claretandbluesky said:
    "the fall out from Brexit which weighs on so many industries more with each month. It's clear to most that Brexit was a vehicle for a populist politician to gain power and now it looks to be unraveling"

Hands up everybody on here who voted for it - dare ya. =)
  • I would do but I can't be bothered with the arguing.
  • If we move it on what do people think happens now?

I think the BBC move to save their skins and state that after a review we have recognised Impartiality is something that really cannot be compromised on yet our guidance must have balance, whilst for news broadcasters etc the most stringent rules must apply we recognise that for freelancers and employees not involved with news etc we must not curtail their ability to use social media platforms freely. We will now ask all freelancers to make sure a statement is contained upon their profile stating that these are their own views only.
  • https://fb.watch/jdm40hCtCl/
    Some of the more sensitive among you may want to skip it.
    Personally, I think he’s spot on.
  • I still think that even if you set up viable routes for asylum seekers, the ones who don't get approved, will still try crossing the channel. Then what do you do with them?
  • I stayed out of the Brexit argument, and don't think politics sit very well on a football site. However, as Klopp said, this is a human rights issue, so I've agreed with various comments. This doesn't mean I DISagree with other posters, by the way. We're all family when the whistle blows... 🖐
  • edited March 2023
    Lineker to return to MOTD on Saturday, with live coverage of the FA Cup match between Man City and Burnley.
  • Slacker said:

https://fb.watch/jdm40hCtCl/
    Some of the more sensitive among you may want to skip it.
    Personally, I think he’s spot on.

Slacker, I'm not on Facebook. Is there any other way to see it?
  • Slacker, ignore that.
  • How on earth did Infantile get re-elected and then start spouting that we need more football played not less.
  • How on earth did Infantile get re-elected and then start spouting that we need more football played not less.

Follow the money....
  • More sad news from the club. This time David's daughter Jaquelin Gold.
    RIP 😔
  • Oh goodness, only 62 as well.
  • edited March 2023
    That is very sad to read.
    Now just read she been battling stage 4 breast cancer for 7 years, what a strong person.....
    Losing a dad, then only a matter of weeks later the daughter, my thoughts are with their family during this terribly difficult time for them.
  • Very sad to hear and so close after.her Dad. No age at all
  • Terrible news.
  • that really is sad ,Thoughts are with the family
  • Details, details...

Never his strong point.

Did he have any strong points?
This discussion has been closed.