Couldn't think - from Dec 2022

Comments

• Anyone know if the Youth Cup final is being broadcast/ streamed anywhere?
  • Slacker said:

Anyone know if the Youth Cup final is being broadcast/ streamed anywhere?

• I thangyou.👍
  • Just changed my phone from an Apple to Android.
    My ticket for the Man Utd game is now in Google pay.The difference now is that it says show code and when you click on that it shows a QR code.From anyone who has an android phone is that right?
  • If you don’t click on ‘show code’ you should be able to tap the back of your phone as normal. If that doesn’t work for some reason then I have clicked on ‘show code’ and then placed the phone inside the reader and that works too.
  • My granddad was there doncha know.
  • If you don’t click on ‘show code’ you should be able to tap the back of your phone as normal. If that doesn’t work for some reason then I have clicked on ‘show code’ and then placed the phone inside the reader and that works too.

@CleverTrevor When you say the back of the phone do you mean present the front screen with the ticket on next to the reader?

• Part of the reason for my user name!
  • Yes Mike. Just tap the outside of the reader with the back of your phone (so the screen is facing you) Just like if you are making a contactless payment. As I say, if that doesn’t work, get the QR code up and insert it into the reader.
  • Was it you who broke the system, mike? :-)
  • Seen on Instagram that there a 7 a side tournament in the summer in the US, and West Ham are taking part. Only two of our squad have been announced so far - Marlon Harewood and Matt Jarvis (how much?!)
  • Totally underwhelming.
  • alderz said:

Seen on Instagram that there a 7 a side tournament in the summer in the US, and West Ham are taking part. Only two of our squad have been announced so far - Marlon Harewood and Matt Jarvis (how much?!)

Tommy Skinner in Charge 🙌🏻

Aaaa-bosh
  • Is that Frank's brother Ravel?
  • Even better 😎
  • Ex says rumours that the club are negotiating a stadium naming rights deal with Betway have been denied by "well placed sources"
  • I'm stealing that 😂
  • With my blessing.😉
  • Hear me out on this, but is this possible?

If city win the champs league, does 5th in the league mean champs league qualification?

Then 6th becomes Europa

And 7th Conference

But because the FA Cup winners will be in champs league as Man U / City have qualified via the league that also goes to the Europa

And also the league cup winners will likely be champs league Man U / Newcastle

Effectively pushing things down again Meaning 8th would actually be Conference?

🤯
  • Ravel49 said:

Hear me out on this, but is this possible?

If city win the champs league, does 5th in the league mean champs league qualification?

Then 6th becomes Europa

And 7th Conference

But because the FA Cup winners will be in champs league as Man U / City have qualified via the league that also goes to the Europa

And also the league cup winners will likely be champs league Man U / Newcastle

Effectively pushing things down again Meaning 8th would actually be Conference?

🤯

Simple answer, no.
  • I thought there was a thing that there'd never be 8 in Europe. There's a get out clause that gives the extra place to someone else..

I hate that you've asked this 😭

Every season I trawl through the rules and get my head round it, and tell myself I'll remember. But 10 minutes later I'm clueless again and have to go through the whole process again ( usually involves paper and pencil and much furrowing of brow) when some pesky kid posts the question again.

😂
  • edited May 2023
    @Ravel, I thought the only way we can have five teams in the Champions League is if one of our teams wins the Europa League & finishes outside the top four? As you say with the 2 cup winners being likely to be in next seasons CL the positions 5,6 & 7 in the league will mean European competition next year.
  • If we were to win the Conference League then England would have 8 teams in Europe next season.
  • You're going to make me look it up again, aren't you.
  • edited May 2023
    Top 4 get CL.
    Winner of CL if outside of top 4 gets CL (5 in CL).
    Winner of EL if outside of top 4 gets CL (5 in CL).
    If both winners of both CL and EL are outside of top 4, 4th placed team goes in EL (max of 5 in CL).
    Winner of FA Cup gets EL, if already qualified for CL or EL then the next highest unqualified team in league qualifies.
    Winner of League Cup gets ECL, if already qualified for CL or EL then highest unqualified team in league qualifies.
    Winner of ECL qualifies for EL unless in top 4; if already qualified for EL or better by league position then no impact on other teams' qualification.

Maximum of 5 teams in CL.
    Maximum of 8 teams in all European competitions.

Pretty sure all that is correct.
  • Should a Premier League club win the UEFA Champions League they will automatically qualify for the group stage of next season's competition regardless of their league finishing position.

Should a Premier League club win the UEFA Europa League they will automatically qualify for the group stage of next season's UEFA Champions League regardless of their league finishing position.

If a club win the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League and finish in the top four, their qualification for the UCL through their league position is not transferred to another team.

A maximum of five Premier League teams are eligible for UEFA Champions League qualification.

In the event that a Premier League club win the UEFA Champions League and another win the UEFA Europa League and neither of these clubs finish in the top four of the Premier League, the club lying fourth in the table will drop into the UEFA Europa League group stage.

If a Premier League club win the UEFA Champions League and another win the UEFA Europa League and neither have qualified for UEFA competitions through their league positions or by winning the FA Cup or EFL Cup, they will qualify for the UEFA Champions League and the club finishing fourth in the table will drop into the UEFA Europa League group stage.

This UEFA Europa League group stage place will be in addition to the one for the club finishing fifth and to the places in the UEFA Europa League and UEFA Europa Conference League for the FA Cup and EFL Cup winners (or for the highest-ranked clubs not qualified for UEFA competitions in the Premier League if the FA Cup and EFL Cup winners have already qualified for UEFA competitions through their league position).

The winner of UEFA Europa Conference League is guaranteed a place in UEFA Europa League group stages. If a Premier League club win the UEFA Europa Conference League and do not qualify for the UEFA Europa League via the Premier League or the FA Cup, then they enter the UEFA Europa League group stages as an additional club.
This discussion has been closed.