Couldn't think - from Dec 2022

Comments

• Bazshuayi said:

How many times do you bet he'll be annoyed?

Seriously though, I get that betting on games etc for players is wrong. I dont think stopping a guy from playing for 8 months is the right thing to do though. Perhaps he should be made to spend Xamount of timr per week for 8 months doing positive things for the community (nothing specific at the moment) so others in need will benefit from his gambling

He'll have 8 months to do good works in/for the community.
  • Under the FA Rules they can only issue a limited range of football related punishments such as fines, suspensions, bans, deduct points, etc.

They can't impose "community service" orders, they're not the courts
  • Ravel49 said:

I bet he’s well annoyed

I wouldn't put any money on it though.
  • Is Brentford still going to pay his wages
  • Coventry have taken the lead against Boro in the second leg of their Championship Playoff Semi Final, first leg finished 0-0.
  • Coventry or Luton in the PL next season.
  • Coventry win 1-0, they'll face Luton for a place in the PL.
  • Come on, you Sky Blues
  • This season Coventry and Luton have drawn 2-2 at Kenilworth Road and 1-1 at the Ricoh (now Coventry Building Society Arena)

Worth a watch
  • Nice to have a team come up that hasn’t been in it ( EPL) for a long time….
  • Klopp banned for 2 games, should be more given his previous imo:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65639017
  • Moyes, if he were not the model of restraint, would be well justified in making comments that would have seen him getting considerably longer bans from the touchline.
  • Sheff Wed score in 99th minute to pull tie back to 4-4
  • Fantastic comeback after losing the first leg 4-0.
  • Wow. Some comeback.
  • Sheffield Wed make the Play Off Final, winning on penalties after each team scored a further goal (Peterborough first through an own goal, then Wednesday drawing level again to take it to penalties).

Peterborough fans must be absolutely gutted considering their advantage after the first leg, but maybe Wednesday are more worthy finalists having finished 19 points above Peterborough in the league season.
  • Well now. After grinning inanely at everything all morning, I went to collect two stray puppies. One is black, the other white with a black nose. I leave it to the WHU606 users to choose names. Sooty and Sweep (remember them?) Or Pablo (male) and Fornalle (female)? Or any others you think of...
  • Sonny and Cher
  • Bonny and Clyde
  • Laurel and Hardy
  • Sid and Nancy.
  • Pearl and Dean
  • That’s very good
  • It raises the point that puzzles me the most, which is why and how Citeh seem to get a free pass regarding the source of their wealth whereas Chelsea and now Newcastle are (rightly) pilloried.
  • It raises the point that puzzles me the most, which is why and how Citeh seem to get a free pass regarding the source of their wealth whereas Chelsea and now Newcastle are (rightly) pilloried.

Yep. Also the amount of fans of ours I’ve seen say they’d rather Rice went to City. I find it baffling.
  • But aren’t most fans more interested in the football rather than the money behind the owners. I’m not too fussed, within reason 🤔, where Rice ends up but he is likely to be coached on in a better fashion at City than anywhere else.
  • IronHerb said:

But aren’t most fans more interested in the football rather than the money behind the owners.

Yeah, they probably are more interested in the football. I don't understand why that's the case though. I can sort of understand if it happened to your club, because it would be hard to turn your back on them, but when an oil state with an appalling human rights record buys a different club, I can't wrap my head around why everyone doesn't despise that club and their owners.
  • IronHerb said:

But aren’t most fans more interested in the football rather than the money behind the owners. I’m not too fussed, within reason 🤔, where Rice ends up but he is likely to be coached on in a better fashion at City than anywhere else.

Herb, you say you're not too fussed, within reason, but where would you draw the line?
  • Well Chelsea and Spurs of course.
This discussion has been closed.