Couldn't think - from Dec 2022

Comments

• So is that a yes or a no?
  • edited May 2023

So is that a yes or a no?

Simple answer, no.

Already answered.
  • Well I see a few explanations but is it 7 or 8 teams in Europe? The problem is I started reading and kept falling asleep hahaha
  • Buffy :+1:

My thinking there was a place lost to keep it to 7 in all circumstances is, I think, dating to before ECL

With ECL, I think you're right - we can have 8. It was that we couldn't have 8 in 2 comps.

• I'm actually not going to look it up.
  • Well I see a few explanations but is it 7 or 8 teams in Europe? The problem is I started reading and kept falling asleep hahaha

Just trust me, I'm a doctor.
  • Buffy you said no
    But then said maximum of 8 teams
    So I’m still not sure 😂

And yes I’ve tried to understand all the permutations before and this too has left me 🤯 😂
  • Glad it's not just me Rav hahaha
  • MrsGrey said:

I'm actually not going to look it up.

You sure?
  • edited May 2023
    Rav, the scenario you outlined, no.

If one of our clubs wins the CL, the EL, or the ECL and is outside the top 7 (assuming the same top 7 wins both the FA Cup and the League Cup) then there can be 8 teams in Europe. So this season we could have 8 if we win the ECL, but Man City winning the CL will have no impact as they'll already be in the top 4 in the PL.
  • edited May 2023

MrsGrey said:

I'm actually not going to look it up.

You sure?
    Conflicted.

I've got 44 things on my to do list, 12 of which need doing by Monday morning. And none of which include the need to redecorate my flat.

But I really really want to know about the European permutations...
  • If you're conflicted then you need Yoda.
  • If you're conflicted then you need Yoda.

Yoda I need if conflicted I am,

Is what you really meant to say.
  • MrsGrey said:

If you're conflicted then you need Yoda.

Yoda I need if conflicted I am,

Is what you really meant to say.
    I'll look that up.
  • Should a Premier League club win the UEFA Champions League they will automatically qualify for the group stage of next season's competition regardless of their league finishing position.

Should a Premier League club win the UEFA Europa League they will automatically qualify for the group stage of next season's UEFA Champions League regardless of their league finishing position.

If a club win the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League and finish in the top four, their qualification for the UCL through their league position is not transferred to another team.

A maximum of five Premier League teams are eligible for UEFA Champions League qualification.

In the event that a Premier League club win the UEFA Champions League and another win the UEFA Europa League and neither of these clubs finish in the top four of the Premier League, the club lying fourth in the table will drop into the UEFA Europa League group stage.

If a Premier League club win the UEFA Champions League and another win the UEFA Europa League and neither have qualified for UEFA competitions through their league positions or by winning the FA Cup or EFL Cup, they will qualify for the UEFA Champions League and the club finishing fourth in the table will drop into the UEFA Europa League group stage.

This UEFA Europa League group stage place will be in addition to the one for the club finishing fifth and to the places in the UEFA Europa League and UEFA Europa Conference League for the FA Cup and EFL Cup winners (or for the highest-ranked clubs not qualified for UEFA competitions in the Premier League if the FA Cup and EFL Cup winners have already qualified for UEFA competitions through their league position).

The winner of UEFA Europa Conference League is guaranteed a place in UEFA Europa League group stages. If a Premier League club win the UEFA Europa Conference League and do not qualify for the UEFA Europa League via the Premier League or the FA Cup, then they enter the UEFA Europa League group stages as an additional club.

My head hurts.
  • Cheers Buffy, fully understand now 👍🏻

Just trust me, I'm a doctor.
    Is that true, as I've got this lump on my knee and I wonder if you'd have any idea what it might be? =)
  • I'm guessing it's a kneecap. 50 quid please...
  • Slacker said:

Should a Premier League club win the UEFA Champions League they will automatically qualify for the group stage of next season's competition regardless of their league finishing position.

Should a Premier League club win the UEFA Europa League they will automatically qualify for the group stage of next season's UEFA Champions League regardless of their league finishing position.

If a club win the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League and finish in the top four, their qualification for the UCL through their league position is not transferred to another team.

A maximum of five Premier League teams are eligible for UEFA Champions League qualification.

In the event that a Premier League club win the UEFA Champions League and another win the UEFA Europa League and neither of these clubs finish in the top four of the Premier League, the club lying fourth in the table will drop into the UEFA Europa League group stage.

If a Premier League club win the UEFA Champions League and another win the UEFA Europa League and neither have qualified for UEFA competitions through their league positions or by winning the FA Cup or EFL Cup, they will qualify for the UEFA Champions League and the club finishing fourth in the table will drop into the UEFA Europa League group stage.

This UEFA Europa League group stage place will be in addition to the one for the club finishing fifth and to the places in the UEFA Europa League and UEFA Europa Conference League for the FA Cup and EFL Cup winners (or for the highest-ranked clubs not qualified for UEFA competitions in the Premier League if the FA Cup and EFL Cup winners have already qualified for UEFA competitions through their league position).

The winner of UEFA Europa Conference League is guaranteed a place in UEFA Europa League group stages. If a Premier League club win the UEFA Europa Conference League and do not qualify for the UEFA Europa League via the Premier League or the FA Cup, then they enter the UEFA Europa League group stages as an additional club.

Unless it's West Ham. Then the rules will say they were offside, so disqualified 😉

• edited May 2023

• edited May 2023
    U18s have a play-off with the winners of the U18s northern league (Man City) this evening to see who qualifies for the UEFA youth competition next season. Haven't found a free stream yet, I believe there's a pay option via Man City (typically, as with the FA Cup, we're away for what should be a neutral game, it's at the Etihad).
  • U18s have a play-off with the winners of the U18s northern league (Man City) this evening to see who qualifies for the UEFA youth competition next season. Haven't found a free stream yet, I believe there's a pay option via Man City (typically, as with the FA Cup, we're away for what should be a neutral game, it's at the Etihad).

What time?
  • Nice article based on an interview with Nobes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65544721
  • We've taken the lead against City in the u18s match 😊😊😊
  • We've taken the lead against City in the u18s match 😊😊😊

0-1 HT 😊😊😊
  • Must admit a hint of offside, but for once it goes our way:

• City score, 1-1.
  • 1-1FT, going to be another half an hour.
  • City take the lead, 2-1
This discussion has been closed.