Couldn't think - from Dec 2022

Comments

• edited May 2023

It raises the point that puzzles me the most, which is why and how Citeh seem to get a free pass regarding the source of their wealth whereas Chelsea and now Newcastle are (rightly) pilloried.

Maybe Chelsea because they were the first on this scale of money?

With the Arab kingdoms I think it has a lot to do with UAE’s tourism. It’s viewed as some nice little travel destination compared to Qatar and Saudi Arabia. You had half the premier league doing warm weather training in Dubai while some of those players/managers were criticising Qatar. UAE is just as bad domestically and probably causes much more damage internationally but gets a free pass.

Goes to show effective all this stuff to boost their reputations is. What UAE did with tourism they’re all trying to do with sport.
  • edited May 2023
    Would like Rice to go to Spain if he’s to leave us, which is IMO sadly inevitable…

He. can learn a new language, tan his pale Essex skin and we won’t have to feel sad seeing him do the business week in week out in the EPL , unless you regularly watch LaLiga 🇪🇸
  • edited May 2023
    Klopp suggesting he may have issues paying his fine unless it's going to good causes. Is it any wonder people don't like him, he's been fined, so pay up or ship out, who does he think he is?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65650176
  • Would like Rice to go to Spain if he’s to leave us, which is IMO sadly inevitable…

He. can learn a new language, tan his pale Essex skin and we won’t have to feel sad seeing him do the business week in week out in the EPL , unless you regularly watch LaLiga 🇪🇸

Rice as apparently bought a house on Hutton Mount, not far from Nobes, in Shenfield. Don’t think he’s going to Spain.
  • IronHerb said:

Would like Rice to go to Spain if he’s to leave us, which is IMO sadly inevitable…

Rice as apparently bought a house on Hutton Mount, not far from Nobes, in Shenfield. Don’t think he’s going to Spain.
    I suspect he could easily mothball it and buy another equally nice house in Spain, Germany or wherever he wanted, but everything you hear about him suggests he's unlikely to move abroad, and that perhaps staying in London is a huge factor in deciding who he'll be playing for next season.
  • Jake and Elwood
  • Jake and Elwood

Duh, just re-read it and missed the reference that one is female :-( Endorse Bonnie and Clyde
  • IronHerb said:

Nor do I…
    But as I said, it’s what I’d like to see.
    And as Buffy said, with what he earns that house could be one of many if he invested his dosh wisely 👍🏻
  • Harry and Meghan, anyone ;)
  • Fabio ( Fab ) & Manuela ( Little gem Lanzini )
    ⚒️⚒️🐾🐾
  • edited May 2023
    Billy(ie) & Bobbi(y). Male or Female names for the last two captains to left cup silverware for West Ham, I think?
  • Its not just Rice, he's got a partner and a baby boy, she might not fancy moving abroad (or Manchester)
  • Paolo and Pablo
  • Harry and Meghan, anyone ;)

Oh really, next we,ll be having Boris and...um... lots of choice here.
    I'm trying them out, and so far just have confused puppies.
    BTW I tried the photos thing above, but failed. Advice?
  • Update: she who must be obeyed laughed at Harry and Meghan. I have a sinking feeling in my gut. Royalists will accuse me of insulting them, and Republicans will accuse me of being a Royalist. I'll try Toto (young child) and Kidogo (little) but think it's a losing battle.
  • Kuching, they're very cute, which one is the male?
  • Ebony and Ivory?

2023 Boris announces he is about be a father for the 8th (at least) time

• Salt and Pepper
  • edited May 2023

Ebony and Ivory?

2023 Boris announces he is about be a father for the 8th (at least) time

He told all those partners when asked that yes he’d “definitely “had a vasectomy .

• You couldn't leave it alone Rav, could ya
    ..hahaha
  • Ha it’s been nagging me 😂
    It’s all because I thought that you could originally qualify for the conference via the league.
    But it is awarded to the league cup win.
    Then to the league if the cup winner has already qualified by their league position 😥
  • Ravel49 said:

Clarity on European qualification

Didn't I already provide that? 😭😭😭

• Clearly not. 😂
  • Basically I thought you could qualify for the conference via the league and a cup win.

And if the cup winner had a euro place already then another place would be allocated in the league meaning two Teams qualified for the conference.
  • It dawned on me earlier that my son will be in Prague for the final 100 years since his great granddad was at the 1923 white horse final.

That’s family commitment right there.❤️⚒
  • Devastated, I opened the back door and found our beautiful 16 year-old cat lifeless on the step. 😢
  • Terrible news. Always hate it when one of ours goes.
  • So sorry Bubbles heartbreaking
This discussion has been closed.