Couldn't think - from Dec 2022

Comments

• Could someone please start the conference final thread ,I don't want to as I have a bad feeling about it if I did , =)
  • Bazshuayi said:

For me, its composure. He has the talent. He needs a mental coach to relax him when he gets into potential scoring positions.

Maybe that's a good call, as his crossing is pretty dreadful most of the time too.

However, increased practice should help develop muscle memory which would at least be an improved level to fall back on.

You'd think that in terms of muscle memory but I'm guessing, like most of us, he's being playing since he was a young boy and to be honest it should be coming naturally by now :)
  • Maybe he has very forgetful muscles ...
  • Roma take the lead in the Europa League final against Sevilla, wouldn't be surprised if that how things stay.
  • Just got a random Facebook post with a load of English top flight facts and figures. My favourite one was:

'Stoke City lost 2-0 in the very first round of fixtures in 1888 and after 136 years and 2372 games their goal difference has never recovered and has been in minus ever since - the highest it’s ever been was when it was at 0 after ten minutes of their first ever league game.'

For reference and if anyone's interested, the post is here. (scroll down to the first post.)

• Seems this clip from an Antonio interview doing the rounds.

Basically saying that Scamacca is a quality player, but not a Moyes player. Something I think most of us saw very early on, but frustrating to hear it from one of our own players.

Is it just Antonio not thinking before he speaks? Or deliberately digging out his competition? Or suggesting Moyes can only play one way?

Whatever it is, it ain't a good look, IMO.
  • Roma take the lead in the Europa League final against Sevilla, wouldn't be surprised if that how things stay.

Or not, Sevilla equalise.
  • I've watched it a few times now and it actually gets worse. "He needs a different type of manager". "He's not a fighter". "How David Moyes plays... you're dealing with scraps"

I honestly don't know what he was thinking. It's something you'd expect an ex-player to say.
  • I've watched it a few times now and it actually gets worse. "He needs a different type of manager". "He's not a fighter". "How David Moyes plays... you're dealing with scraps"

I honestly don't know what he was thinking. It's something you'd expect an ex-player to say.

Moronic
  • Re the Antonio clip, this is what happens when you get currently active players getting too involved with hosting/presenting.

Absolutely stupid to be coming out with anything like that, although I wonder when it was recorded as he's out in Portugal atm.
  • Makes me think that Antonio knows that he or Scamacca are gone in the summer. Or maybe both. Otherwise it could make for an awkward pre-season.

For a senior pro to publicly criticise a team mate and his manager like this is poor form.
  • Watching the Europa league final. The amount of whingeing and moaning from the Roma players and bench, I'm amazed Taylor hasn't punched one of them hahaha
  • Watching the Europa league final. The amount of whingeing and moaning from the Roma players and bench, I'm amazed Taylor hasn't punched one of them hahaha

No doubt we'll face the same next week from Fiorentina. Emotional lot, the Italians.

Need to keep our cool, because I can see them employing some pretty cheap tactics.
  • What a horrible, horrible game of football that was.From the first minute the antics of both sets of players and benches were disgusting.And who was orchestrating it? Yup, that awful, awful man Mourinho, how he keeps getting away with it I’ll never know.
    The poor 4th official will need a lie down after all he had to put up with.I never thought I would ever feel sorry for Anthony Taylor but he must be wondering if it’s all worth it after that excuse of a football match.
    Let’s hope next week is a better advertisement for the beautiful game.

• No doubt we'll face the same next week from Fiorentina. Emotional lot, the Italians.

Need to keep our cool, because I can see them employing some pretty cheap tactics.

A little xenophobic

Ogbonna, Emerson and Scamacca are Italian

Also Fiorentina has Brazilians, Argentinians, Serbians, a Moroccan,etc.

Also I have a bit of Italian ancestry on my mother's side
  • My daughters husband is Italian and even he says they, To put it nice play act and try to con the ref
  • steve said:

My daughters husband is Italian and even he says they, To put it nice play act and try to con the ref

And how many of them are actually Italian?

Is Harry Kane Italian? Jurgen Klinsmann? Franny Lee?

Cheap stereotype. I expect better from this forum but maybe I'm wrong
  • Perhaps when players from around the world go to play in Italy .For some reason the playacting and rolling around gets into there DNA .There's one or two other country's it seems to happen to ,Sure we have some over here .But they seem to have most of there team doing it
  • edited June 2023
    Best performance of the night for me was Anthony Taylor, the rest in general IMO a disgrace to football.
    A terrible advert to the game, including the players/ coaches on the sidelines, IMO certainly not played in “the spirit of the game” if that still actually exists….
  • So it now comes out Jose waited for ref team in car park before verbally abusing them with foul language, let’s hope it’s used against him and he gets a lengthy ban from any touchline ( fat chance, but can live in hope ) he should look closer to home at his own team, staff and himself before commenting on the referee and his team who did their best in very difficult circumstances….
  • But this is classic Mourinho. Lose a game, make a rumpus, defeat gets overlooked, Jose takes a hit.
  • It’s Jose deflecting the attention of the press on to him and away from his team.
    Personally I think it’s credible as the players can ‘escape’ some of the blame for their own performances and allow them more space to heal and move on.
  • Surely that team played that awful way because Mourinho told them to.
    It was a disgrace, a stain on the game and it was down to him. I really hope that we never see him in English football again and preferably anywhere else for that matter.

Horrible, horrible man.
  • It’s win at all costs
    But each to their own onion 😀
  • It's not the win at all costs attitude that I mind, it's 'the everyone else's fault' when he loses approach that stinks.
  • The ex-Hammers 7-a-side games start today, and are being streamed live on the club's Youtube channel. First match is this afternoon at 3.30pm

https://www.whufc.com/news/hammers-tst-matches-be-streamed-live
  • Looking like a messy exit in the TST tournament for our boys. We lost the first game 4-2, and were 2-0 down at the end of normal time in the second. However, the tournament rules are such that, after the 2 20 minutes "halves" you play a third period to reach the target which is one goal added to whoever is leading, so it should be first to 3 in this case.

Unfortunately, no third period is going to be played as, after things got very feisty just before the end of the second half, things really kicked off at the end of "normal" time. By the sounds of it, some possibly racist comments were directed towards some West Ham players (Anton Ferdinand, amongst others, was incensed).

West Ham refused to play the third period, and so are out.

West Ham players were rightly not impressed by the reffing in the football that was played, in this or the earlier game.
  • Looking like a messy exit in the TST tournament for our boys. We lost the first game 4-2, and were 2-0 down at the end of normal time in the second. However, the tournament rules are such that, after the 2 20 minutes "halves" you play a third period to reach the target which is one goal added to whoever is leading, so it should be first to 3 in this case.

Unfortunately, no third period is going to be played as, after things got very feisty just before the end of the second half, things really kicked off at the end of "normal" time. By the sounds of it, some possibly racist comments were directed towards some West Ham players (Anton Ferdinand, amongst others, was incensed).

West Ham refused to play the third period, and so are out.

West Ham players were rightly not impressed by the reffing in the football that was played, in this or the earlier game.

Oh damn I watched the first game and some of the second. It did seemed like there was some bad blood between the teams. Unacceptable of what's said is true.
  • Was aimed at Nouble (clack) according to the Daily Mail
This discussion has been closed.