Couldn't think - from Dec 2022

Comments

• I've just seen the challenges out players were putting on them at the end of the game lol
  • Looks like Dallas have been kicked out
  • The guy in the car cut me up and, like the sensible person I am, I followed him until I caught him up at a red light. I had seen his number plate at close proximity and was not going to miss out on the opportunity for a little tease. Winding down my window and starting a 'we love you West Ham we do' seemed to do the trick...

• Wow…
    This is just pathetic….

Some football supporters are just idiots and I’m choosing my words carefully of course…..
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65804465
  • I've been around for quite a while now. As I have got older, for all of the amazing things humans can do, we are also so capable of the opposite. Values, common decency etc are unfortunately not present in a lot of people. We are capable of such love, self sacrifice and kindness (and so many other things). This lad already has more than enough to deal with. I very much doubt he'll ever forget in whatever time he has to spend on the planet
  • I'm halfway through Noble's biography "Boleyn Boy" and I thoroughly recommend it to everyone

It's a deeply honest account of his experiences as a professional footballer, about the emotional/mental stress that he lived with and a wonderful inside perspective of what was going on at West Ham

Most bizarre revelation; Noble and Parker tried to persuade Zola to come out of retirement cos he was better in training than Benni McCarthy, Ilan and Mido
  • Most bizarre revelation; Noble and Parker tried to persuade Zola to come out of retirement cos he was better in training than Benni McCarthy, Ilan and Mido

Not surprised at all, and pretty sure I remember something similar being said back at the time.

Not sure the same was said about the manager the following season though 😂🤣😂.

• Most bizarre revelation; Noble and Parker tried to persuade Zola to come out of retirement cos he was better in training than Benni McCarthy, Ilan and Mido

Not surprised at all, and pretty sure I remember something similar being said back at the time.

Not sure the same was said about the manager the following season though 😂🤣😂.

I thought I remembered a quote about Zola constantly chipping it over the keepers in training.
  • Zola was an amazing player. I would have loved to have seen him play in a West Ham shirt. He may not have been in his prime, yet I recall when we got Liam Brady and he was not the Brady of his prime, but every now and again he would do something and you just knew he was still the best player on that pitch.
  • edited June 2023
    Nobes says the move from the Boleyn to the London Stadium was just as bad for the players as the fans

The home dressing room had to be rebuilt because it was too small and players had to arrive 3 hours before kick off but initially there wasn't a players lounge for them to wait in.

When he turned up for a home game he was refused entry to the car park because his licence plate number wasn't on the list. Later his wife was refused entry to the players lounge because her name wasn't on the list.

The funniest is Cresswell being told that he wasn't allowed to walk down the tunnel and him pointing that his face was clearly visible on a huge mural of the team on the wall

Contradicts Karren Brady's claim that it was "the most successful stadium migration in history" (25 July 2016 and still up on the club website). It doesn't annoy me that she was lying through her teeth but rather that she thought people were stupid enough to believe it
  • No information apart from a shock headline, PGA Tour and LIV Golf to merge ?????

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/65825327
  • No information apart from a shock headline, PGA Tour and LIV Golf to merge ?????

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/65825327

I've no idea how this is going to work, some of the LIV golfers got paid hundreds of millions of dollars to sign, and now they get to play as normal alongside those who refused the money? Just feels so very wrong.
  • edited June 2023
    Wow, just wow. How scary for the driver of the car that was run over:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-suffolk-65815028

Loved this bit, the tractor driver "was found to be over the legal driving limit for cocaine".

Can just imagine, going down the pub, doing a line, about to go home then your mate say, fancy another line. One more can't hurt, can it?

How lucky the driver didn't die.
  • I've just renewed my season ticket and my mate messaged me to ask how much? and before i could reply a message was sent to him saying "let me check"
    I asked my mate did you get that message and he replied yes.
    Is this a case of AI?
  • edited June 2023
    mike said:

I've just renewed my season ticket and my mate messaged me to ask how much? and before i could reply a message was sent to him saying "let me check"
    I asked my mate did you get that message and he replied yes.
    Is this a case of AI?

I'll answer that question myself.
    Found out that i had smart reply enabled on my phone.Now disabled it. =)
  • Down with that kind of thing.
  • MrsGrey said:

Down with that kind of thing.

Careful now
  • Just been made a granddad again!
    Our beautiful daughter in law gave birth to baby Max this afternoon.
    What a day!❤️❤️❤️
  • Congrats Slack 🎉
    Is that a sign Max Cornet with the winner tonight
  • Slacker said:

Just been made a granddad again!
    Our beautiful daughter in law gave birth to baby Max this afternoon.
    What a day!❤️❤️❤️

If we win tonight what will you do... I think having a baby is a bit of a bigger ask than using the right mug or wearing one's lucky socks!
  • Mucho congrats Slacker, another hammer? 🤞🤞🤞 What a claim to fame he could maybe have some day.........
  • Daughter in law number two is due any day now as well!
    Like London buses you wait forever and then three come along together.❤️
  • @Slacker, Lets pray West Ham can give you another reason to celebrate. =)
  • Congrats Slacker. That’s wonderful news.
    By the way I saw a guy in a West Ham shirt so guess that was your boy. 😂
  • Congratulations Slacker
  • Nice touch by Google. Search for West Ham United, and the page of results has fireworks going off on it.
  • Boris has quit as MP after being suspended for more than 10 days

He was on course to lose at the next General Election and I wouldn't bet against him trying to get selected for a safer seat at some point in the future
  • Rounds off a fantastic week rather nicely.
This discussion has been closed.