Couldn't think - from Dec 2022

Comments

• Devastated, I opened the back door and found our beautiful 16 year-old cat lifeless on the step. 😢

So sorry to hear that......Thinking of you....
  • edited May 2023
    Sorry to hear your sad news BND.
  • Slacker said:

It dawned on me earlier that my son will be in Prague for the final 100 years since his great granddad was at the 1923 white horse final.

That’s family commitment right there.❤️⚒

Some might say nepotism hahaha
  • So sorry to hear this BND 😿💔
  • edited May 2023
    Sorry for your loss. It's heartbreaking when when you lose a beloved pet. I cried my eyes out when we had to have our German Shepherd Inga put down a few years ago. 💔
  • Devastated, I opened the back door and found our beautiful 16 year-old cat lifeless on the step. 😢

Ooh that’s a tough one.
    Feel for you mate.
  • Agree, that is always rough, thinking of you
  • Oh that's awful. I'm so sorry.
  • Terrible news. So sorry for you.
  • Sorry for your news 😞
  • Kuching, they're very cute, which one is the male?

The white one is male. Found in a ditch, a couple of weeks younger than the black one that was abandoned near a fresh food market.
    16 years is a good run. Must have been a happy cat 😺
  • Thanks for your kind words everyone, I can't believe how upset I am. We buried her in the garden yesterday evening.
    Kuching, yes she was a very happy cat.
    Re. your puppies, it has to be Harry & Meghan doesn't it. ;)
  • edited May 2023
    This seasons London League Table.

P W D L F - A GD Pts
    Arsenal      12 10 2 0 29 - 8 21 32
    Tottenham   12 6 3 3 19 - 14 5 21
    Brentford    12 5 5 2 19 - 14 5 20
    Chelsea      12 3 4 5 10 - 16 -9 13
    Fulham       12 3 2 7 15 - 20 -5 11
    West Ham     12 2 3 7 14 - 22 -8 9
    Crystal Palace 12 2 3 7 12 - 25 -13 9
  • IronHerb said:

P W D L F - A GD Pts

Shocking reading sadly.
  • IronHerb said:

P W D L F - A GD Pts

Shocking reading sadly.
    Whilst, yes, it would be nice to do better against local rivals, it's not something that worries me much. In 2020/21 when we finished 6th we came fourth out of six, in the London Mini-League, yet still finished 2nd out of 6 in terms of just league placings.
  • Does anyone else think it's strange and possibly unfair that the added time this weekend has been significantly higher than usual? I saw or heard something that suggested it was being calculated as it was in the World Cup, but it doesn't feel right that such a change in guidelines should happen so late in the season.
  • Yesterday it was mainly down to injuries or “fake” injuries.
  • Yesterday it was mainly down to injuries or “fake” injuries.

It just seemed very high across a number of games.
  • edited May 2023
    buffy, Everton equalised at 17.00 on Saturday that shows how much extra time was played. Of course Liverpool didn’t finish until after that! 😉

• I think referees have been instructed to clamp down more on time wasting. On Saturday I don’t think there was a time during the Forest Arsenal game that there wasn’t a minimum of 3 Forest players lying on the ground.
  • edited May 2023
    The matter is beginning to be clamped down on now that matches are having genuine added on time. All you need is the fourth official or VAR guy stopping a clock when necessary and then letting the referee know how long is due at the end. Players down then stop the clock, easy.

If they think the player is doing it just to break up the game then allow the game to go on and if they need treatment ensure they have it off the pitch and let the match begin again.
  • The matter is beginning to be clamped down on now that matches are having genuine added on time. All you need is the fourth official or VAR guy stopping a clock when necessary and then letting the referee know how long is due at the end. Players down then stop the clock, easy.

I'm fine with that in principle, I just find it very questionable that it's been introduced 2 weeks before the end of the season.
  • But if you don't give Liverpool 10 minutes of stoppage time they might not qualify for the Champions League!
  • edited May 2023
    Spanish referee for the final.....

2023 UEFA Europa Conference League Final refereeing team

Referee: Carlos del Cerro Grande

Assistants: Pau Cebrián Devis and Guadalupe Porras Ayuso (ESP)

4th Official: Jesús Gil Manzano (ESP)

Reserve AR: Diego Barbero Sevilla (ESP)

VAR: Juan Martínez Munuera (ESP)

Assistant VAR: Alejandro José Hernández Hernández (ESP)

VAR Support: Tiago Bruno Lopes Martins (POR)

On another note, congratulations to Anthony Taylor, who has been appointed referee for the Europa league final.......................
  • Carlos del Cerro Grande, has reffed 477 matches including the 2016 Copa Del Rey final, two at the 2020 Euros, three Champions League quarter finals, two Europa League semis and last year's ECL semi between Leicester and Roma
  • Today is Ogbonna's 35th birthday

Cake?
  • Today is Ogbonna's 35th birthday

Cake?

Ham's hosting........
  • https://archive.ph/3rM1i

Really interesting article about Jamal Baptiste and the illness that has been keeping him out - also on how people assume things about why young players aren’t progressing. Feels like a shame he’s leaving after all of this.
  • Anyone else thinks Jarod Bowen unlucky not to be named in the England squad?
  • edited May 2023
    I think he has not had a great season but has begun to be the Bowen we know in the last maybe 10 games or so. I think he is so central to our ability to win games as can score, create and is a constant menace when on song.

I think he has been our best signing for a long time. Zouma may run him close but has spent time out.

If Bowen and Antonio can impose themselves in Prague I think it will make the difference.

A nod to Dawson of course when reflecting on signings, who was definitely the best value. Wolves fans love him and some have posted that they feel it was his signing that pulled them clear of relegation.
This discussion has been closed.