Couldn't think - from Dec 2022

Comments

• 2-1 down now. Been under the cosh in et
  • 2-1 FT ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
  • Lost 2-1 so no europe for our boys. Cityโ€™s third go on the bounce I think.
  • Nice article based on an interview with Nobes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65544721

I just watched the video clip. What's he wearing?
  • Watched a studio review on ESPN about the AC - Inter game earlier.
    Discussing the overturned penalty award, one of the pundits said that VAR must scrap the "clear and/or obvious error" nonsense and instead must concentrate on arriving at the correct decision even if that means telling the on-field referee that he needs to review his first decision.
    Now I wonder if this kind of common sense will penetrate Stockley Park - I won't be holding my breath.

#YoucanguesstheEzepenaltyisstillwindingmeup.
  • edited May 2023

Watched a studio review on ESPN about the AC - Inter game earlier.
    Discussing the overturned penalty award, one of the pundits said that VAR must scrap the "clear and/or obvious error" nonsense and instead must concentrate on arriving at the correct decision even if that means telling the on-field referee that he needs to review his first decision.
    Now I wonder if this kind of common sense will penetrate Stockley Park - I won't be holding my breath.

#YoucanguesstheEzepenaltyisstillwindingmeup.

I've said the same thing a few times recently, for the big decisions (which goals and penalties are) then the ref should check them much more often, even if he then stays with his original decision. It's usually the case that a camera can show a better angle than he himself had, and we'd be much more likely to arrive at fairer decisions, rather than the VAR being too scared to call out his mate on the pitch who might have made a mistake.

Much more how rugby union does things, with the VAR also able to pick out things the ref may have missed entirely.
  • Definitely another reason to avoid MOTD (this Saturday at least), SWP joining his dad as a pundit. He's been dreadful whenever I've seen him for live games, only getting gigs because someone seems to think it's good to pair him with his dad.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/65568184
  • So, tangentially football-related...

Guy who delivered my sofa last night (arrived just as the ref awarded the penalty and I had to go downstairs to help him unload the van so I missed both goals)

turned out to be a twonk, and refused to help bring the sofa up to my flat despite me having told him in advance there were stairs.

So after a bit of argy bargy (I think he maybe thought he could demand a bit more money as the alternative was to abandon the sofa in the street) he agreed to help me carry it to the garage. I spent part of today wondering how to get it up to my flat and exploring various options, to little avail (A certain urgency to this, because on Monday the lift is - finally- being decommissioned for 3 months.)

In desperation I went over to where the site office is for the works that are going on on the estate at the moment, to see if I could find anyone who wanted to earn a bit of beer money by helping out. Imagine my delight when the site foreman turned out to be a West Ham fan, and a thoroughly nice chap, who rounded up 2 of his guys and got my sofa shifted within half an hour. And declined any remuneration (on their behalf! lol).

COYI
  • ๐Ÿ›‹๏ธ bosh
  • "the site foreman turned out to be a West Ham".

How did you know as I imagine he would have been keeping a low profile while in enemy territory? =)
  • MrsGrey said:

And declined any remuneration (on their behalf! lol).

COYI

Result. I'd still drop a box of beers into the site office though I think ๐Ÿ‘.

• edited May 2023
    buffy - yeah, I was thinking of that but don't want to encourage drinking on the job ;-) Some of these guys are on scaffolding 8 floors up. I'll make sure they arrive near clocking off time!
  • "the site foreman turned out to be a West Ham".

How did you know as I imagine he would have been keeping a low profile while in enemy territory? =)

The Spurs fan who'd been working on my balcony told me :p
  • MrsG, Did I read that your area has a higher than normal number of industrial injuries especially attributed to workmen falling off balconies? =)
  • MrsG, Did I read that your area has a higher than normal number of industrial injuries especially attributed to workmen falling off balconies? =)

Workmen, and mops.
  • https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65574671

There is a "good chance" that West Ham captain Declan Rice will leave at the end of the season, manager David Moyes has admitted.

Good chance or almost nailed on certainty?
  • MIAHammer said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65574671

There is a "good chance" that West Ham captain Declan Rice will leave at the end of the season, manager David Moyes has admitted.

โ€œIโ€™ll have three Rigobert Songโ€™s and four Titi Camaraโ€™s please. Keep the change.โ€
  • Ravel49 said:

๐Ÿ›‹๏ธ bosh

๐Ÿ˜ฒ
    Rav, my sofa is indeed blue.

It's you, isn't it! Mr Nice Guy ๐Ÿ˜†

So, d'ya want beer or doughnuts?
  • MIAHammer said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65574671

I donโ€™t ever see the point in any response other than โ€˜heโ€™s our playerโ€™.
  • MrsGrey said:

Ravel49 said:

๐Ÿ›‹๏ธ bosh

๐Ÿ˜ฒ

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Ooooh a tough choice..

But beer wins ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป
  • MrsGrey said:

Ravel49 said:

๐Ÿ›‹๏ธ bosh

๐Ÿ˜ฒ

No, Rav was the delivery driver
  • Applicable to this forum ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

• Challenge accepted.
  • My Chelsea mate up to his normal stuff. Just wait until he loses a couple of games next season.
  • Not sure if anyone on here lives in Lincolnshire but to remember the Dambusters raid 80 years ago today the last flying Lancaster in the UK will be flying over the 25/26 Bomber Command airfields this evening. Will be quite a sight.
  • For all its fame Operation Chastise didn't have a lasting effect, there were no conventional bombing raids to disrupt repairs and rebuilding (which amazed Albert Speer and others) so by September 1943 production in the area had returned to its previous level.

What it did do was boost morale back home and was great propaganda value. In August Guy Gibson was sent on a four month publicity tour of America and Canada
  • I bet heโ€™s well annoyed

• How many times do you bet he'll be annoyed?

Seriously though, I get that betting on games etc for players is wrong. I dont think stopping a guy from playing for 8 months is the right thing to do though. Perhaps he should be made to spend Xamount of timr per week for 8 months doing positive things for the community (nothing specific at the moment) so others in need will benefit from his gambling
This discussion has been closed.