Couldn't think - from Dec 2022

Comments

• MrsGrey said:

Details, details...

Never his strong point.

Did he have any strong points?

Fathering children?
  • Well I sat through that committee broadcast and the main thing I learned is that a leaving do is essential working practice.😳
  • Blimey, I've finally found a subject that I agree with BJ on. 😎
  • The whole truth and nothing like the truth.
  • Summer friendlies

Sat 15 July Perth Glory
    Tues 18 July Spurs

Both at the Optus Stadium, Perth, Western Australia
  • That's just great ,lets go around the world to play spurs =)
  • steve said:

That's just great ,lets go around the world to play spurs =)

Seriously though, how can that be justified taking into account the environmental costs?
  • There are lies, damn lies and Boris Johnson truths.
  • Everton being investigated for possible FFP breaches:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65068357
  • Fixture changes. Man City on 3 May at 8pm and Man U on 7 May at 7 pm
  • Well there's 2 to look forward to can't wait =)
  • This is very sad. He should have been able to see out the rest of his life comfortably. At least he is still presumably earning at a high level at Burnley.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65152140
  • Pretty uninspiring win for Anthony Joshua this evening, a comfortable unanimous points decision but little to suggest he's capable of winning a belt again.
  • I didn't watch the fight but it feels to me that Joshua has found his limit now. I think the Ruiz fight changed his career in that he never recovered from being caught so heavily and ever since he has been afraid to really fight to his own strengths which is his raw power, as to unload he has to make himself vulnerable and I don't think he wants to do that now, yet he isn't a good enough boxer against the best to win a boxing match, as shown against Usyk.

I liken him to Lewis in that he has great power and is a decent boxer but not the best, the difference being that Lewis got knocked out by Rahman (I think) but never changed his style as he knew it was his power that was going to take him to the top. He continued to take big shots in all of his fights but knew he had to in order to land his own. I think Joshua wanted to believe he was a great Boxer but he isn't so to sit back behind his boxing skills will leave him where he is, the next rung down from the best.
  • claretandbluesky:
    "I liken him to Lewis in that he has great power and is a decent boxer but not the best"

You've got to be joking, LL was a terrific boxer. Putting AJ in the same category is an insult to Lennox, unless of course I've misinterpreted your meaning.
  • The point I was making was that Lewis never allowed his power to go unused through being afraid of getting hit, he often took some huge shots in order to use his own power as his power was his main attribute. Joshua has definitely got that same power but since Ruiz is afraid of getting hit.

I do agree about Lewis being the better of the two.
  • I think the Ruiz fight changed his career in that he never recovered from being caught so heavily and ever since he has been afraid to really fight to his own strengths which is his raw power, as to unload he has to make himself vulnerable and I don't think he wants to do that now, yet he isn't a good enough boxer against the best to win a boxing match, as shown against Usyk.

Pretty accurate summary of AJ atm I feel, he's a shadow of the fighter he was before the first Ruiz fight. He's not good enough at top level to outbox an opponent, yet now won't commit to throwing big punches or combinations for fear of being vulnerable to a knockout punch in return.

• 8 game ban for Mitrovic, 1 served 7 to go.

Somehow Silva gets away with a 2 match ban. 🤷‍♂️
  • IronHerb said:

8 game ban for Mitrovic, 1 served 7 to go.

Somehow Silva gets away with a 2 match ban. 🤷‍♂️

Mitrovic will be back for games 3 games at the end of the season, including against Soton and Palace.
  • buffy, Not IF the FA have their way - Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic is banned for EIGHT matches for shoving referee Chris Kavanagh and boss Marco Silva is given two-matches… but FA want LONGER bans and plan to appeal
  • Sounds like a feisty match, the referee kneed a player in the groin, both head coaches sent off for coming to blows with each other:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65183032
  • I think eight matches is plenty enough. If the ref wanted more he should have thrown himself to the ground to convince his superiors it was more than it was. What a place we would be in then.
  • Yeah, but we might pick up Mitrovitch on the cheap in the summer. 😉
  • edited April 2023
    Could be a good idea - look how Di Canio turned out after shoving Paul Alcock.
    Who said it was only players who dived?

• I still think the funniest thing about the incident is Winterburn ducking an imaginary punch.
  • Mubama has scored a hattrick in the U18s cup semi-final tonight. 5-1 up now.

He has something like 28 goals in 20 games for them this season. Worth a place on the bench IMO, particularly as Scamacca is out for a bit. Lad at least knows where the goal is.
  • Mubama has scored a hattrick in the U18s cup semi-final tonight. 5-1 up now.

He has something like 28 goals in 20 games for them this season. Worth a place on the bench IMO, particularly as Scamacca is out for a bit. Lad at least knows where the goal is.

He's certainly an option in the Antonio type mould, so worth considering if the game isn't suited to Ings (not suggesting he should replace Ings on the bench, simply that if the game suits an Antonio type player and Antonio has nothing left to give, then having the option to replace like for like could be advantageous). Maybe replace Lanzini on the bench as he doesn't seem to be in Moyes's thoughts at all in PL games.
This discussion has been closed.