Couldn't think - from Dec 2022

Comments

• Take a bow emoji
    That’s why Diamantis are forever 🔫
  • edited January 2023
    Joseph Anang recalled from loan at Derby County having been an unused substitute once in August and played for Derby's U21s once
  • Joseph Anang recalled from loan at Derby County having been an unused substitute once in August and played for Derby's U21s once

Maybe leaving St Pat’s was a bad idea.
  • edited January 2023
    Ahhhh seems he broke his arm in August and only returned to training on 21st December

Word is that Anang has been recalled because Bournemouth want Randolph and with Areola out injured we need a third keeper
  • Ahhhh seems he broke his arm in August and only returned to training on 21st December

Word is that Anang has been recalled because Bournemouth want Randolph and with Areola out injured we need a third keeper

Areola was back on the bench against Everton I think; I don't think we'd let Randolph go if Areola was still out.
  • Anang training with Fabianski and Areola would likely be a good thing for him.
  • Gotta new student ( yr 11 boy).

Have had a couple of lessons now, and working on building rapport.

I know he plays football so tonight I was chatting a few mins at start of lesson - discover he and his dad passionate CPFC fans, season ticket holders.

All I could think of during whole convo was OMG what will Hamstew say . Do I need to sack my student 😂
  • MrsGrey said:

Gotta new student ( yr 11 boy).

I know he plays football so tonight I was chatting a few mins at start of lesson - discover he and his dad passionate CPFC fans, season ticket holders.

All I could think of during whole convo was OMG what will Hamstew say . Do I need to sack my student 😂

You're that stressed you've even forgotten what comes at the end of a written question 😂🤣😂.
  • Areola was on the bench on Saturday, I can’t imagine he would have been if injured.
  • Deep breath MrsGrey ,And have yet another glass to calm the nerves
  • MrsGrey said:

Gotta new student ( yr 11 boy).

I'd say you've got your work cut out. The boy obviously has lots to learn.
  • edited January 2023

So today's rumours have Noble having a falling out with the board over his role as Sporting Director, and Zouma picking up an injury at the weekend that will rule him out for weeks.

Been a long week, and it's only Tuesday.

https://www.thewesthamway.com/2023/01/24/exwhuemployee-mark-noble-situation-update/

• edited January 2023
    That Noble story... lol.

Nobes: I'm not keen on xyz. (frustrated with certain aspects of his position and voiced this)
    Board: Oh, ok. What would you like to do instead. (Noble and the club have held constructive talks)
    Nobes: What about if we ...
    Board: Ok. (the situation is resolved )
  • Maybe he has sharpened all the pencils and sat wondering what he can do next!
  • May I ask if anyone knows if there's been any article or any board/Nobes comments on a defined role for Mark? Outside of his title I am not sure what he's supposed to do. The sceptic in me basically believes hes at the club because of who he is and the board thought it would be a good idea to have him here (as opposed to thinking he actually has licence to do anything) Even if he sat in the dressing room on match days and lifted up the players (not literally) that'd be fine with me
  • Under 18's score 89th minute winner to beat Burnley 0-1 and progress into the last 16. COYI
  • Bazshuayi said:

May I ask if anyone knows if there's been any article or any board/Nobes comments on a defined role for Mark?

https://www.whufc.com/news/mark-noble-take-sporting-director-role-january

Make of that what you will. Sounds like he has freedom to do what he likes.
    #makingitupaswegoalong
  • I bet he's on a tidy salary, too.

Just feels like they've shoehorned him into the club for purely sentimental reasons.
  • I that we all wanted him to remain with the club and they have listened to that. I just think the obvious place was to begin by doing his badges and help Moyes as an invaluable link to the players he already knows well, or bring along the younger players at u18 or u23 level. I think the problem may be that he has a non job as I struggle to think what his responsibilities could be!
  • Er, he’s only be doing it for three weeks.
  • My, limited, understanding of Director of Football is someone between the football side of the Club and the board, not between the players and the manager.
  • Moyes said in January when asked about Noble coming back that "He has only just started training for his new job"
  • IronHerb said:

My, limited, understanding of Director of Football is someone between the football side of the Club and the board, not between the players and the manager.

But he's not a Director of Football. That's probably a more defined role (or seems to be at other clubs that actually have one). Noble is a Sporting Director, and if you believe what's been said, no-one - including anyone at the club - seems to know what he's actually there to do.
  • https://associationofsportingdirectors.com/understanding-the-role-of-the-sporting-director/

The Sporting Director is a relatively new position within football however the majority of English Premier League Clubs now have someone in the position. Some take the title of Sporting Director, whilst others include Technical Director, Director of Football, Head of Football Administration and General Manager. Many established Sporting Directors are now well sought after as the benefits of implementing effective structures have been observed as a method to help clubs improve areas such as recruitment, analysis, and operations. However, the benefits can be much broader for football clubs from balancing short-term success and long-term sustainability. In this article we speak to a number of Association of Sporting Directors members to gain an understanding of their perspective and their experiences in the role.

🤷‍♂️ They're all the same.
  • MrsGrey,Quick question i am just going through netflix and see the film Glass Onion, A Knives out mystery is up there ,Was that the film you had a walk on part in or an exter .Have not watched it .But will if theres a chance of seeing the main star thats you by the way ..Am i right in thinking it was filmed in your local town in Greece .If i am wrong then forget what i just wrote =) In my defence i do seem to remember you said something about it
  • Have a touch of Hollywood on the forum, do we?
  • Have a touch of Hollywood on the forum, do we?

You need to ask darling? 😂🤣😂
  • steve said:

MrsGrey,Quick question i am just going through netflix and see the film Glass Onion, A Knives out mystery is up there ,Was that the film you had a walk on part in or an exter .Have not watched it .But will if theres a chance of seeing the main star thats you by the way ..Am i right in thinking it was filmed in your local town in Greece .If i am wrong then forget what i just wrote =) In my defence i do seem to remember you said something about it

It was!!

Imagine you remembering that! Part of it was shot here on the island ( other parts in the town across from us on the mainland and some in Serbia).
  • Damn! I could have got an autograph if I'd known. 😧
This discussion has been closed.