Couldn't think - from Dec 2022

Comments

• You missed out, they were class !!!!!
  • My shirt was usually sexier than me...
  • My shirt was usually sexier than me...

Ditto =)
  • edited September 2023
    "I'm too sexy" got to No.2 in the charts, kept off No.1 by "Everything I do, I do it for you"

Wow, which was worse?

At the time I would have been listening to REM. Nirvana, Primal Scream, Teenage Fanclub and Massive Attack.
  • Aslef, we probably have very similar CD libraries/Spotify playlists!
  • Hmmmm I couldn't stand tha Robin Hood Bryan Adams song!
  • Bazshuayi said:

Hmmmm I couldn't stand tha Robin Hood Bryan Adams song!

I did enjoy some of his earlier stuff.
  • I dont mind him as an arist and plenty of what he's done. Just not that song and how annoying tenacious it was at staying no1 for months!
  • edited September 2023
    It was No.1 for 16 weeks from 7rh July, eventually replaced by U2's The Fly on 27th October

And what was no.1 before That? Jason Donavan warbling "Any dream will do" from Joseph and His Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat.

When I was a kid I used to listen to the new Top 20 on Radio One every Sunday and was parked in front of the telly for Top of the Pops every Thursday. I am certainly grateful I wasn't a kid in 1991
  • Same when I was a kid nobody missed top of the pops or the chart countdown on the radio.

#nostalgic
  • I attended one of the sessions of filming for the 2008 Christmas and New Year shows, so just a couple of years after the regular shows finished. It was really random, a friend applied for tickets for something else (might have been Strictly), didn't get them, but she was offered tickets for TOTP instead. 3 of us went, all about 40 years old, very much in contrast to the bulk of the rest of the audience.
  • Allo Allo 👋 I see Herr Flick has been given his marching orders from the German national team….
  • I'll do it...

They started with 'I shall say zis only once'
  • Oh Baz, u got me….
    Klopp 🤣… please Herr Klopp, come save our nation……🏃
  • Bryan Adams released a song in 1987 that IMO didn't get its deserved attention "Victim of Love" - quite an "interesting" video too.
  • Bryan Adams released a song in 1987 that IMO didn't get its deserved attention "Victim of Love" - quite an "interesting" video too.

That was on Into the Fire, the follow up album to Reckless. Pretty sure I had both of those back in the day, taped off a mate's CD; he was the first person I knew with a CD player, probably 1986 or so, obviously I only had a radio cassette in the car.
  • It's the Bobby Moore golf day at our golf club today. Guest appearances from Tony Cottee and Tony Gale. Typical, I'm laid up with my back, after pulling it at golf last week 😭
  • edited September 2023
    Saw this earlier, warms the old cockles it does.

Craig Bellamy speaking about his time at West Ham:

“Every day going into that training ground I would leave in stitches,”

“Even the old players who played for the club years ago would come in for their dinners, it was amazing honestly.”

“And do you know they get a bad rep the fans. But they were brilliant.”

“They’re the most knowledgeable fans of all of them I ever played for, you couldn’t kid ’em.”

“Do you know you see people go around kicking people and I’ve seen fans cheer like ‘Yea but he has a go’. He has a go at what?! He gives the ball away every time.

“There they won’t accept that. Because you’ve got to be a good player as well. ‘We expect you to have a go, we pay money for you to have a go, but what are you like on the ball and also what are you like when we’re not happy, do you still have the [guts] to go and get the ball?’

“And if you do then they’ll have you, they’re with you then. And I loved that about them, they weren’t kidded on because they’ve watched too many great players down the years, they’ve been brought up on Bobby Moore and all that type of stuff.

“It’s just a special club. So many players, like James Collins and all that, you don’t leave once you go there. You stay around there. Because it grips you, it’s that club it’s like once you’ve played for them you’re like ‘Oh I get it now, I get what this club is’.

“Even the humour of the fans, honestly. You see me smile as soon as I mention them. I just had so many happy memories there and even when I left I didn’t want to leave, honest truth you ask anyone there, I didn’t want to leave.”
  • Slacker said:

“Every day going into that training ground I would leave in stitches,”

I read this far and envisaged a discussion about our injury record....
  • It's the Bobby Moore golf day at our golf club today. Guest appearances from Tony Cottee and Tony Gale. Typical, I'm laid up with my back, after pulling it at golf last week 😭

Poor you, dreadful timing.

You're injured again? Didn't you injure your arms last year? Are you sure is golf is the game for you? Hahaha
  • PrestonHammee.....I think you might be right......but at 71 and retired, I've been instructed by my wife not to stay home all day, so I picked up the gentle art of sport. It seems I've lost a lot of weight walking round the course, but not replaced it with muscle. Looks like some yoga and weights is required.it would have been safer to stay on at work 🤣🤣
  • PrestonHammee.....I think you might be right......but at 71 and retired, I've been instructed by my wife not to stay home all day, so I picked up the gentle art of sport. It seems I've lost a lot of weight walking round the course, but not replaced it with muscle. Looks like some yoga and weights is required.it would have been safer to stay on at work 🤣🤣

I'm not sure about being safer at work, but it sounds like, even with your injuries, that the golf course is safer than being at home 😂🤣😂.
  • epsom, I do yoga, but I still managed to put my back out getting the blender out of the kitchen cupboard. 🙄
  • Bellamy famously complained about the training facilities and claimed he was told that if it was good enough for Bobby Moore it was good enough for him

Ignoring the fact that training had changed a bit between the 1060/70s and the 2000s
  • Buffy
    I ate too much at work, everyone bringing in cakes and sweets. I have a golf day up at Harpenden soon with my old office. The dilemma is do I rest completely and enter the comp 'green', or get some practice in and risk missing it 🙄
  • edited September 2023

Buffy
    I ate too much at work, everyone bringing in cakes and sweets. I have a golf day up at Harpenden soon with my old office. The dilemma is do I rest completely and enter the comp 'green', or get some practice in and risk missing it 🙄

Nah, just buy yourself some fishing gear and blow it out.😉

• So you're telling me there's a chance

• If any one is interested...... Peter Grotier is having a treasured programme restored on the Repair Shop. More senior supporters will remember him from the 70's. He famously played alongside Bobby Moore, in goal against Pele in an exhibition match
This discussion has been closed.