Couldn't think - from Dec 2022

Comments

• Bowen’s new contract announced - signed til 2030!
  • alderz said:

Bowen’s new contract announced - signed til 2030!

His common-law father-in-law has obviously told him he's ending his career with West Ham.
  • Or he will end his career for him.
  • Apologies if this has been posted before, but this just popped up when I was looking for somehing on Youtube, and I though it might be of interest:
  • Brought back some memories. Can you imagine today's prima donnas playing in those muddy conditions? =)

• When did Hugh Southon rebrand as “Hughie”?
  • Apologies if this has been posted before, but this just popped up when I was looking for somehing on Youtube, and I though it might be of interest:

"A blatant push in the back" at 04:38

Today Alan Sealey would probably get a yellow card for "simulation"!

Thanks for posting, a couple of commentary classics, “the Germans are surrounding the linesman but he only speaks Turkish and Russian” “The defenders got angry then which is something that happens when the keeper gets a kick in the head”

A couple of memories

The pitches!
    Those sideburns !!!
    Reminders of many happy hours spent collecting player stickers and filling up books.

Happy days 😀
  • WHU are going to lease Oakfields Playing Fields from Redbridge Council (next to the Central line between Hainault and Fairlop) for the Academy

This will mean that amateur teams that currently use it will have nowhere to play in the borough

To me that seems wrong

https://www.change.org/p/keep-bealonians-fc-at-oakfield-bealsfc?recruiter=false&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_message&utm_term=psf_combo_share_initial&recruited_by_id=2bc01820-67f2-11ee-989b-a31515f9fc3a&share_bandit_exp=message-37605961-en-GB
  • Watched “Partygate “ last night.
    Now, I’m not a violent man ………😡😡
  • I see Tonali is under investigation for betting issues. 😱
  • Yeah, but I bet he doesn't have his own island like Paqueta
  • edited October 2023
    Report in The Sun (I know, I know) that some players and managers that moved to Saudi Arabia in the summer are looking to come back to Europe as they are disappointed that they're playing in front of small crowds.

Eleven of the 18 clubs attract average crowds of less than 5k, three between 5k and 10k while the other four get between 20k and 30k.

It would seem that money isn't everything!
  • Of course it is. Don’t suppose they will be paying back their signing on fees and stupid wages.
  • edited October 2023
    If money were everything they'd be happy to play in empty stadiums

I imagine they will have to pay sizeable buy-out fees to get out of their contracts early so they aren't going to be leaving on the cheap
  • I guess if you're already established/wealthy then the lure of more is there (and maybe not so many suitable options elsewhere) but perhaps the reality (after you've taken the money( isn't anywhere near what you've been used to and enjoy.

So basically everyone is coming back (apart from Jesse)
  • Or maybe that the Middle East is about to go off again.
  • Bowen starts for England .Hope it goes great for him and he scores
  • Crikey, that's a B team.
  • B team apart from Bowen, he's MASSIVE!
  • edited October 2023
    Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad al-Thani has withdrawn his £5bn offer to buy Manchester United, describing the Glazer family's asking price as "a fanciful and outlandish valuation"

That roof ain't getting fixed any time soon...
  • Secrethammersfan thanks, I was at the Liverpool game in 74 and that match of the day clip took me right back - I remembered what was coming next, whereas I struggle to remember what happened against Newcastle last weekend or whenever it was =)
  • can totally equate to this :)
  • edited October 2023
    "Cricket's return to the Olympics for the first time since 1900 has been confirmed after International Olympic Committee members voted to include the sport in the 2028 Games.

Flag football, squash, lacrosse and baseball/softball have also been accepted for Los Angeles. "

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/67120460

Finally squash has been added, it always puzzled me why it wasn't always included, and it's been forward and lost out to a number of very niche (and frankly bizarre in some cases, breakdancing anyone?) sports in the past.
  • edited October 2023
    That old envy and irritation for Germanys football team is, I believe, ingrained into every Englishman of a certain age. As soon as I saw the headline 'Franz Beckenbauer investigated...' my head immediately said 'guilty!' haha

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37246543
  • Read this on bbc:-
    West Ham are set to intensify contract talks with Czech midfielder Tomas Soucek, who is set to become a free agent next summer. (Football Insider, external

I thought we just extended his contract?
  • There are rumours that he extended it in the summer (four year deal) but that it wasn't made public. I'm not sure why that would be the case, but there is nothing official in the public domain about that.
  • The Athletic reported that he signed a new 4 year contract in August but nothing was announced by the club so clearly some ITK wasn't
  • Read this on bbc:-
    West Ham are set to intensify contract talks with Czech midfielder Tomas Soucek, who is set to become a free agent next summer. (Football Insider, external

I thought we just extended his contract?

“intensify “. 😂😂😂

• Anything with ‘Football Insider’ next to it needs to be ignored. It’s dreadful.
This discussion has been closed.