Couldn't think - from Dec 2022

Comments

• Good news on the TV front, next season all Sunday 2pm kick offs will be shown live
  • Good news on the TV front, next season all Sunday 2pm kick offs will be shown live

Even when there are lots of them due to clubs being in the Europa or Europa Conference Leagues?
  • I'm sure most of us are fairly happy with the results we've got so far this season, but maybe worth bearing in mind we're out-performing expected goals for less expected goals against by more than any other club so far this season:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67144491

I certainly remember Haaland missing some very good chances against us (according to Sofascore, his xG alone was 2.56 yet he didn't score) although overall City's xG was only 3.63 (against ours of 0.94) so a 3-1 defeat not too far away from being what was expected.

Sofascore's xG would see us having scored only 12.47 and conceding 16.55 as opposed to our actual figures of 15 for and 12 against, so about a 7 goal swing in our favour.

Anyway, I just thought I'd put this out there to maybe temper our expectations for the rest of the season.
  • I see that next season 5th in the PL gets champions league.
  • Interview with Alex Scott who a few of us were keen to sign from Bristol City in the summer (and in January this year as well) before he eventually went to Bournemouth:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/67159157
  • 14 points from 8 games when we've played Chelsea, Brighton, Man City, Liverpool and Newcastle and media outlets and pundits are still failing to give us much credit because they want to use contrived stats.

I'm of the old school ilk in believing the table rarely lies.
  • Even when there are lots of them due to clubs being in the Europa or Europa Conference Leagues?

Apparently that is the plan, as reported by BBC and others

I see that next season 5th in the PL gets champions league.

Only if the PL has first or second best coefficient at the end of the season - which it has done for six of the last seven seasons
  • I see that next season 5th in the PL gets champions league.

What would happen if Arsenal win the CL but end up outside the top 5? Does 5th sill get the place then?
  • I certainly remember Haaland missing some very good chances against us (according to Sofascore, his xG alone was 2.56 yet he didn't score) although overall City's xG was only 3.63 (against ours of 0.94) so a 3-1 defeat not too far away from being what was expected.

Sorry to be picky but Haaland scored their third goal
  • I certainly remember Haaland missing some very good chances against us (according to Sofascore, his xG alone was 2.56 yet he didn't score) although overall City's xG was only 3.63 (against ours of 0.94) so a 3-1 defeat not too far away from being what was expected.

Sorry to be picky but Haaland scored their third goal

Oops, my bad.
  • Sad news, one of the true greats.
  • Probably the greatest of all English footballers and a for sure the greatest gentleman of them all. Went through a lot of angst as a teenager and came through it all as a lovely bloke. RIP
  • Gary O'Neil in his post match interview

"Ahhhh, Smug Mode"
  • RIP Bobby Charlton. I remember listening on our tranny to his first International against Scotland (while watching Callies v KSLI - it was in Kenya) and the commentator being stunned by the power of his volleyed goal. It was obvious then that he was very special.
  • NEED HELP
    Just been in formed that our family christmas is 23rd dec or the 26th dec At my step daughter`s house .Why this family cant have it on the 25th like normal people is anyone`s guess .left to me to choose the date .Bit like would you like to be killed by gun or knife .So my question to you is which of the two games do i have to miss Man U on the 23rd or Arsenal on the 26th .If anyone can come up with a really great get out ,But it has to be a real good one ,Thanks
  • Do not get yourself vaxxed, come down with the sniffles, tell the family that it is Covid and you need to be in isolation for four days.

You get both matches and spend Christmas all on your own with a decent book, some Christmas pudding and a bottle of the good stuff ……….job done

Your welcome 😉
  • steve said:

NEED HELP
    Just been in formed that our family christmas is 23rd dec or the 26th dec At my step daughter`s house .Why this family cant have it on the 25th like normal people is anyone`s guess .left to me to choose the date .Bit like would you like to be killed by gun or knife .So my question to you is which of the two games do i have to miss Man U on the 23rd or Arsenal on the 26th .If anyone can come up with a really great get out ,But it has to be a real good one ,Thanks

There is a rumour, I know, that Arsenal is being pushed back a day or two. Hope this helps. 😂
  • I know it's a thought that will send a shudder down the spine of most on here, but for a moment imagine if Spurs kept up their form and won the league! Poor old Harry Kane, turs out he was the weak link after all.
  • steve said:

NEED HELP

Arsenal game confirmed as having been moved to 28th Dec at 8.15pm

https://www.whufc.com/news/hammers-festive-schedule-set-december-and-january-fixture-changes-confirmed
  • It,s a Christmas miracle =)
  • "There is a rumour, I know, that Arsenal is being pushed back a day or two. Hope this helps." 😂

You're welcome.

• IronHerb said:

"There is a rumour, I know, that Arsenal is being pushed back a day or two. Hope this helps." 😂

You're welcome.

IronHerberz ITK?

🤔
  • From the BBC's football gossip page:

"Manchester City have set an asking price of £50m for England midfielder Kalvin Phillips, and are determined to make a profit on the 27-year-old after paying Leeds United £42m in 2022. (Mirror)"

I know it's only clickbait from the Mirror, but how they can expect a profit on a guy that will be 2 years older than when they bought him, and he's barely played, is beyond me.
  • By fact they are selling after two years of not playing him you can only assume he didn't end up as hoped, so where the price increase is coming from I have no idea unless they think the market itself has shifted.

Pep messed up in not buying Rice, not so much that he needed him but couldn't afford for Arsenal to have him. I read a comment on the Arsenal forum that he has come in and is the best player already in a team that pushed for the title last season. Dec may have chosen Arsenal anyhow but Pep hardly pushed them.
  • Nearly a huge upset in the boxing tonight, Tyson Fury, after being knocked down in the 3rd round, managed a narrow split decision (1 point on the deciding judge scorecard) win over a guy in his first professional boxing match, switching over from UFC.
  • BBC reporting that Mubama has turned down a contract extension and only has a year left. This concerns me as I think he has great potential and he is likely frustrated at getting so little pitch time. Ings cannot surely still be ahead of him.
  • Can’t fathom why these youngsters all seem to think they’re PL ready and better than first team squad players. If the staff thought they were ready then I’m sure they’d get more time.
    This seems to happen often and they end up leaving, most never to be heard of again. Sounds a similar situation to Perkins and I don’t think he’s setting anywhere alight. The one you hear most of now is Elliot Lee and that’s probably because he’s at Wrexham.
This discussion has been closed.