Couldn't think - from Dec 2022

Comments

• When asking for a cup of tea in a Birmingham accent but it sounds like you are saying kipper tie, it's not a good look.
  • Odd stat -

Of the 10 largest sports stadiums in the world, eight are US college football venues.
  • IronHerb said:

Odd stat -

Of the 10 largest sports stadiums in the world, eight are US college football venues.

America is weird
  • edited September 2023
    The future Mrs shrugged went to Marshall University, Huntington, WV

Home of The Thundering Herd
  • You need to watch "We are Marshall", a biographical sports drama about the plane crash involving The Thundering Herd.
  • Today is my birthday. I don't think I'll end everything just yet. I don't know whether it's because of or despite this forum.
  • alderz said:

IronHerb said:

Odd stat -

America is weird
    I heard the reason behind this, and it actually makes sense. When you look at the size of the US, and the number of top teams in e.g. NBA, NFL etc., it'd be like the Premier League in London, Madrid, Munich, MAYBE Rome, meaning it'd be almost impossible for most people to see their favourite teams play live, and it forces them to follow and make allegiances with teams in different cities, or even states.
    The College System -as misplaced a use of resources as it may be- offers locals an outlet, a tribal standard behind which they can rally. They can have a local team.
    Kind of makes sense.
  • Happy birthday Secret…. Hope you have a great day 🍾
  • Happy birthday secret. I hope you had a great day.
  • Ok, well its my birthday too. I thought I was special and it was just me! Apparently other people share the 7th. Us Virgos can be loved and loathed :) Happy Birthday Secret!
  • Happy birthday Baz. I hope you're having a great day.
  • Happy birthday to both of you.
  • Worked for a couple of hours earlier and when the other half finishes a meeting at 230pm we're off to bask in Redwoods and Russian River for a couple of days (my birthday, her treat and basically what she wants but I cant argue with a $300 a night hotel being paid for by not me :) )
  • You, me and Queen Elizabeth I, Baz.
    Many Happy Returns!
  • Happy birthday to you too Baz, double celebration 🍾🍾
  • Belated happy birthdays Secret and Baz, sorry to have missed it. I am pretty sure you will have had a much better day than me as I have got covid (first time) and am feeling pretty ropey.
  • Oh no! Hope you make a speedy and full recovery!
  • Belated happy birthdays Secret and Baz, sorry to have missed it. I am pretty sure you will have had a much better day than me as I have got covid (first time) and am feeling pretty ropey.

Oof. Sorry to hear you’ve got it mate, hopefully it won’t be a bad one.✊

• Off topic, but great seeing Billy Horschel (playing alongside Rory) with a glorious West Ham golf bag. He had to ask permission from WH to be able to have a bag in our colours and crest.
    Oh, and he's American
  • Yeah, it's great, isn't it? He's had that bag (or one very similar) for a little while now, I'm sure he was using it last year as well.
  • edited September 2023
    VVD gets an extra game suspended for his reaction to his red card against Newcastle, which means he'll be back, nice and rested, for our game against Bazerpool, typical.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66743423
  • VVD gets an extra game suspended for his reaction to his red card against Newcastle, which means he'll be back, nice and rested, for our game against Bazerpool, typical.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66743423

Nah, he'll be slow and not match active so Paqman will get his first hat trick 😮
  • Nah, he'll be slow and not match active so Paqman will get his first hat trick 😮

An assist, a goal and a yellow card? 😂🤣😂

• Bazshuayi said:

You know you're in bother when the BBC picks this expression to run with...

It suddenly dawned om me that the lack of hair and expression is totally Right Said Fred if they reform ;)
  • #Dont talk, just kiss
  • Right Said Fred are still performing but lead singer Richard Fairbrass has gone all "conspiracy theory" (Covid denier even though he ended up in hospital with it, anti-lockdown, anti-vaccination, pro-Putin)
  • Right Said Fred are still performing but lead singer Richard Fairbrass has gone all "conspiracy theory" (Covid denier even though he ended up in hospital with it, anti-lockdown, anti-vaccination, pro-Putin)

And their music was rubbish to boot. 😬
  • IronHerb said:

Right Said Fred are still performing but lead singer Richard Fairbrass has gone all "conspiracy theory" (Covid denier even though he ended up in hospital with it, anti-lockdown, anti-vaccination, pro-Putin)

And their music was rubbish to boot. 😬
    You mean you wee never “Deeply Dippy”
    🎶🎶🎶💪💪💪🤣🤣🤣
  • Nope, and nor was I 🎵 "too sexy for my shirt" 🎵 either. 🤷‍♂️
This discussion has been closed.