Couldn't think - from Dec 2022

Comments

• The Guardian has been running a series of "Premier League previews" on each team with blurb on "prospects", "the manager", "leading the shirt sales", "folk hero" and "one to watch".

No. 19 West Ham came out at midnight, written by Jacob Steinberg.

"leading the shirt sales" is Paqueta who JS reckons "is ready to take on more responsibility following Rice’s departure".

Maybe he wrote it earlier in the week and didn't have a chance to rewrite before it went to print

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/aug/11/west-ham-premier-league-2023-24-preview
  • Waiting for Ham to come back like

• Is that not Eddie Izzard at the head of the queue - definitely looks like him.
  • Waiting for Ham to come back like

I was wondering what the bloke half way down wearing a leather jacket and jeans was thinking, “not sure what this queue is for but I reckon it must be something good”……
  • edited August 2023
    Another lacklustre display by England, against Wales at Twickenham this time. At one point down to 12 men with 3 men on yellows (we did actually manage to score a try against the 15 men of Wales), captain Owen Farrell's yellow has since been upgraded to a red (a new thing this season I think, the decision to award a red is taken during the sin-bin period so a more considered decision can be arrived at without any undue time-wasting).

Farrell's tackling has often been a bit suspect to say the least, but I don't think, under current guidelines, he can have too many complaints. I wonder if this will affect the Rugby World Cup which is less than 4 weeks away.

Wales pretty poor as well tbh, England have just re-taken the lead with just 5 mins remaining, currently both playing with 14 men.
  • edited August 2023
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66521621
    Saudi Arabia will play two international friendlies at Newcastle United's St James' Park.

And so it begins.😡
  • edited August 2023
    Skimming the BBC pages this morning, this stopped me in my tracks.

Speaking on Transfer Gossip Daily, Edwards said: "[Sanchez] He has been there since 2017... He played in the golden era under Mauricio Pochettino. I think when Tottenham fans look back, they will regret booing him"

I'm like ... wait. There was a golden era?

:p
  • MrsGrey said:

Skimming the BBC pages this morning, this stopped me in my tracks.

Speaking on Transfer Gossip Daily, Edwards said: "[Sanchez] He has been there since 2017... He played in the golden era under Mauricio Pochettino. I think when Tottenham fans look back, they will regret booing him"

I'm like ... wait. There was a golden era?

:p

Admittedly Sanchez didn't play in all of it, but they had a three season run of 3rd, 2nd and 3rd place in the PL, that's a pretty good spell for a very average club 😂🤣😂.

• Right.

Shame they never had a silver(ware) era :-)
  • Defo not on the approved viewing list given the language (so please feel free to delete this post if it's too inappropriate), but here's a goodbye compilation from West Ham Clips as he's not going to produce regular videos any more:

• So Ben Foster has announced his retirement from football. I told you the new timekeeping rule would be the end of him. 😂
  • It may have more to do with keep conceding 5.
  • A blast from the past, some great players there 👍🏻⚒️

• I came across this earlier today. There is language (beeped out as it was broadcast on TV), but I did think it was very funny. Lee Mack is great, but the reaction of John Cleese and Martin Clunes says it all imo:

• Has the top of the home page changed recently?
  • Has the top of the home page changed recently?

As of about 5 minutes ago, yes. I decided to update it to not have the old badge, but if it's hated I can change it back!
  • alderz said:

Has the top of the home page changed recently?

As of about 5 minutes ago, yes. I decided to update it to not have the old badge, but if it's hated I can change it back!
    Ah, ok, I thought I was imagining it.
  • I think I like it ,But will have to ask the wife to be sure =)
  • The writing looks a bit less than sharp to me; blurry is too strong a word but it looks off to me.
  • After 100 days, my lift is working again.

Just thought I'd let you know ....
  • MrsGrey said:

After 100 days, my lift is working again.

Yay, you can move in now 😂🤣😂.
  • MrsGrey said:

After 100 days, my lift is working again.

That's all well and good, but you're going to miss out on your previously unavoidable aerobic exercise. =)
  • I don't know why she's complaining, apparently MrsG lives on the ground floor 😂🤣😂.
  • I don't know why she's complaining, apparently MrsG lives on the ground floor 😂🤣😂.

You laugh, but the ground floor people caused a tribunal hearing because they didn't want to pay towards it!

(I'm on the 9th ... and don't I know it!!)
  • MrsGrey said:

I don't know why she's complaining, apparently MrsG lives on the ground floor 😂🤣😂.

You laugh, but the ground floor people caused a tribunal hearing because they didn't want to pay towards it!

(I'm on the 9th ... and don't I know it!!)
    This seems to be a common thing, it was an issue where I used to live, especially as the maintenance contracts were so expensive, and we also had to factor in their replacement (even though our building was a brand new conversion). Mind you, we were saddled with lots of really bad service contracts by the developers and initial managing agents.

• The writing looks a bit less than sharp to me; blurry is too strong a word but it looks off to me.

I'll try and fix that tomorrow.
  • alderz said:

The writing looks a bit less than sharp to me; blurry is too strong a word but it looks off to me.

Sorry if I sounded harsh, just trying to give honest feedback.
  • alderz said:

The writing looks a bit less than sharp to me; blurry is too strong a word but it looks off to me.

Sorry if I sounded harsh, just trying to give honest feedback.
    No not at all, it’s good to know these things
  • This seems to be a common thing, it was an issue where I used to live, especially as the maintenance contracts were so expensive, and we also had to factor in their replacement (even though our building was a brand new conversion). Mind you, we were saddled with lots of really bad service contracts by the developers and initial managing agents.

In the end, the tribunal ruled for an equal split.

Saved me about £2000. O.o

• MrsGrey said:

In the end, the tribunal ruled for an equal split.

Saved me about £2000. O.o

Which equates to several dozen cases of a passable red by my reckoning. ;)
This discussion has been closed.