Couldn't think - from Dec 2022

Comments

• edited August 2023

Unbelievable, Gianluigi Buffon dead at 45. Terribly sad, RIP big man.

Really? I thought I saw he'd just retired.
  • Unbelievable, Gianluigi Buffon dead at 45. Terribly sad, RIP big man.

You were quick off the mark Buffy, read my post again.
  • Unbelievable, Gianluigi Buffon dead at 45. Terribly sad, RIP big man.

You were quick off the mark Buffy, read my post again.
    How fortunate I managed to quote you 😂🤣😂
  • edited August 2023
    🚨 BUFFON STAT 🚨

With Buffon retiring, the 2023/24 season will be the first since 1931 that none of Buffon, Peter Shilton or Stanley Matthews will make a first team appearance.
  • alderz said:

🚨 BUFFON STAT 🚨

With Buffon retiring, the 2023/24 season will be the first since 1931 that none of Buffon, Peter Shelton or Stanley Matthews will make a first team appearance.

Must admit, I've heard of Stanley Matthews, and obviously Buffon, but who is this Peter Shelton you speak of?

• alderz said:

🚨 BUFFON STAT 🚨

With Buffon retiring, the 2023/24 season will be the first since 1931 that none of Buffon, Peter Shelton or Stanley Matthews will make a first team appearance.

Must admit, I've heard of Stanley Matthews, and obviously Buffon, but who is this Peter Shelton you speak of?

Our new signing, but some may not see a resale value in him. 😂
  • Any relation to Anne Shelton?
  • alderz said:

🚨 BUFFON STAT 🚨

Peter Shilton’s pet turtle
  • I see you've been abusing your Mod privileges again and have corrected your typo in your original post, tut tut 😂🤣😂.
  • I see you've been abusing your Mod privileges again and have corrected your typo in your original post, tut tut 😂🤣😂.

Outrageous.
  • I’ll mod you too if you carry on
  • "Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed." 😂🤣😂
  • Someone give alderz a Snickers please.
  • I know it should be obvious, but the Charity/Community Shield is this weekend (Sunday); it's frightening how close we are to the start of the season proper.
  • I know it should be obvious, but the Charity/Community Shield is this weekend (Sunday); it's frightening how close we are to the start of the season proper.

It’s also mad how there is almost no break between seasons anymore. There’s WAY too much football these days, IMO.
  • edited August 2023
    True. Last season was made a lot longer due to the World Cup, but the amount of international stuff going on in the summer was ridiculous given the extended season.
  • It's all about the money >:)
  • https://www.whufc.com/news/uefa-europa-conference-league-winners-honoured-road-victory-celebrations

I think I've officially qualified for Grumpy Old Bloke award, as I am outraged by Michail Antonio's cap.
  • I reckon if Antonio was to wear his glasses whilst playing, he may just score more goals hahaha
  • edited August 2023
    I have to admit that if I was a mod I would periodically stinker with other peoples posts (in terms of tinkering with spelling, adding or subtracting words to make the sentences totally different in context etc)

Even at my age I just dont seem to mature :)
  • Bazshuayi said:

I have to admit that if I was a mod I would periodically tinker with other peoples posts (in terms of tinkering with spelling, adding or subtracting words to make the sentences totally different in context etc)

Even at my age I just dont seem to mature :)

That’s a good idea I might start doing that to you.
  • alderz said:

I must admit I thought you already were ;)

• Dodger58 said:

alderz said:

I must admit I thought you already were ;)

All the most sensible posts of yours were actually by me
  • Just for fun, looked at the table, and the Spuds are in the bottom three 🤣🤣🤣 hopefully at the end of the season too.....Nurse!!
  • edited August 2023
    Is it just me or my eyes playing up, but has the font just changed here ??!!
    And now it's back to normal,wierd!
  • Is it just me or my eyes playing up, but has the font just changed here ??!!
    And now it's back to normal,wierd!

Alderz is now trying to edit the site itself
  • I see that top stars are moaning about the new laws and the extended playing time to attempt to cut down time wasting. They claim they play too many games and too much football anyway and this is making it worse.
    The whole idea of this is to try to get them to actually play more football during a game and a bit more than the 55 minutes per game they actually play.
  • Having five substitutes per game should reduce the stress of playing 90 minutes of active football. But wouldn't it be simpler to have a clock counting down from,say 60 minutes?
  • IMO it is irrefutable that there is too much football for top players. I’m very happy with rules to stop or counteract time wasting, but IMO, those rules should come in tandem with a reduction in games.

I say scrap the EFL Cup for teams in Europe, scrap the expansion of the World Cup and Club World Cup. Reduce the number of teams from each league in European competitions. And give players a minimum of six weeks off per year - month in summer and two weeks in winter. Ban international friendlies in the winter break, limit each club to friendlies in one foreign country only per pre season.

Before anyone says it, I know that won’t happen and I know the reason it won’t happen is money.
  • @alderz, I bit like the way football was played in the 1970's?
This discussion has been closed.