Couldn't think - from Dec 2022

Comments

• The writing looks a bit less than sharp to me; blurry is too strong a word but it looks off to me.

Perhaps a glass or two fewer =)
  • The writing looks a bit less than sharp to me; blurry is too strong a word but it looks off to me.

Perhaps a glass or two fewer =)
    Lol, not touched a drop. I've even tried cleaning my laptop screen, but that hasn't helped either 😂🤣😂.
  • https://www.whufc.com/news/proactive-player-and-reader-play-konstantinos-mavropanos-analysed

Formed by Hammers supporters Jack Elderton and Callum Goodall to offer their fellow fans in-depth but accessible analysis of their team and its players, Analytics United will provide content for the Club's official website, app, Official Programme and social media channels over the course of the 2023/24 season.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

alderz :(
  • They couldn’t afford alderz.
  • edited August 2023
    But do we know alderz's real name? It could be Jack or it could be Callum. =)
  • But do we know alderz's real name? It could be Jack or it could be Callum. =)

Alderz Ego 🤔
  • IMO their graphic is good but it’s also v busy. 7/10
  • "Mike Dean declined to use VAR to save a fellow referee from 'grief' ":

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66612570

And they wonder why people want them to be more accountable. His mate makes a howler, but he doesn't want to call him out on it.
  • edited August 2023
    I just read the article. Whilst I understand the dread when knowing you're going to be on VAR, the Virgo in me also thinks that a) its your job! b) Technology is there to help you check potential things (as opposed to guessing/instinct on any incident) and c) If you paid attention to the game then checking periodic incidents is not something anyone with half a brain would find taxing. So, perhaps harshly, he wouldn't have dreaded it if he had actually been looking at things/paying attention! (using his that the ref was hismate as an excuse for not calling his attention to VAR is pathetic and could easily call his bias into question)

I am not against VAR but they've had plenty of time to get used to it and use it for making the right calls when something is potentially crucial or controversial in the making.
  • edited August 2023
    Whilst he admits he was pathetic in this instance, it's even worse really; he knew he had to call the ref to the monitor and he knowingly and willingly refused to do so (because the ref was his mate and had already had a difficult afternoon, and the game was nearly over and Chelsea were already winning). It wasn't that he didn't see anything wrong, it's that he did and refused to act on it. That's disgraceful rather than just pathetic imo.

Having admitted that, I'd love Chelsea to sue him now (obviously won't happen), but to admit that you knowlingly (at the time) made the wrong decision is shocking and should be punishable.
  • 🎵It's all about you, it's all about you
    Mike Dean, it's all about you. 🎵

Always was, always will be. Shocking ref.
  • One of the worst things about that Mike Dean interview is that he said that the mistake wouldn't have been so bad if Spurs hadn't equalised. He's been a ref for nearly 30 years, and he doesn't think that goal difference is important? It just adds weight to - what I've always thought were ridiculous - comments from pundits about refs not understanding the game.
  • Interview with Jarrod Bowen at about the half hour mark through this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/l0056d4k/5-live-sport-the-monday-night-club-28th-august

Comes over really well I thought, kinda what you'd expect.
  • Its about Spurs and normally I'd skip just because of that. However, if this is true... Wow! Benn there since a boy, record scorer and captain. Classy move....

Harry Kane was barred from Tottenham's training ground in the hours leading up to his move to Bayern Munich, meaning he was unable to say a face-to-face goodbye to long-time team-mates.
  • If true, that is really poor, what “secrets” would he have gained from that training session, absolutely ridiculous.

I sort of understand when leaving for a business competitor - but this is footy for crying out loud.
  • It’s also unlikely they will be playing Bayern anytime soon.
  • edited August 2023
    Surprise Surprise, no Ward-Prowse but Phillips, who I can't remember actually kicking a ball since forever and Maguire who can't get in a team with half their defence missing.
  • edited August 2023
    IMO Southgate is so predictable, he's past his sell by date for me with regards to the England set up, should have gone on to other things, like a championship side perhaps......
  • Th is is very helpful in making sense of our European adventures this year and how the draw for various stages works.
    https://www.whufc.com/news/uefa-europa-league-group-stage-draw-all-you-need-know
  • Phillips being in the squad is a joke. I also think JWP should be in for Henderson (but I am also happy for him to not get injured) or Phillips
  • You know you're in bother when the BBC picks this expression to run with...

• The guy looks like a villain in a Guy Ritchie movie
  • Mark Strong could play him in the movie called "That Consual Kiss, Allegedly"
  • Lincoln v West Ham Wednesday 27th September 7:45pm

Unsurprisingly Newcastle v Man City will be on TV that night with Man Utd v Palace on Tuesday.
  • Lincoln v West Ham Wednesday 27th September 7:45pm

Unsurprisingly Newcastle v Man City will be on TV that night with Man Utd v Palace on Tuesday.

You mean...... they're not expecting a shock? 😱
  • There’s a phone in on the radio discussing the Birmingham City Council crisis.
    Some advice: if you’re unfortunate enough to be born with the vocal affliction a.k.a. the Brum accent please don’t share it on the radio/ tv . In fact you are best advised to stay at home and just talk to your immediate family.Thankfully it isn’t contagious but the rest of the population will still need to be protected.

Many thanks.
This discussion has been closed.