Couldn't think - from Sept 2022

Comments

• I think the bloke in the hat is Johnny Speight.
  • Moorro's ???
  • Slacker said:

I think the bloke in the hat is Johnny Speight.

Slacker, so does my brother. Apparently he was known in Canning Town as soapy Speight.
  • Isn't the girl on the end Adriene Posta?
  • IronHerb said:

Isn't the girl on the end Adriene Posta?

No I think she's an Adriene Imposter =)
  • And so Covid has finally got me 😩
    I was only boosted last week as well 🤦‍♂️
  • Oh no.
    Hope it's mild and you are ok very soon.
  • Thank you
    Just ache really, with taste coming and going
  • Oh mate, fingers crossed it’s a mild one.
  • Cheers Slacker 👍🏻🤞🏻
  • Been out and about this morning and had the radio on listening to phone ins.
    Good God ! What’s happened to the population overnight? Has there been some kind of brain mashing virus swept the country? There are a lot ( and I mean a lot) who seem to think that bringing back a serial liar to run the country is a great idea!
    Should I impose lock down on myself to avoid this awful plague or will I remain immune?
    Does it last long and will the afflicted be ok in a few days?
  • edited October 2022
    Slacker, It could be all over by Monday, some have said, but no the afflicted will still be going on about having a general election after a new PM is appointed. 😉
  • To be serious for a minute, the toady (sorry tory) MPs who would vote for Johnson should hang their collective heads in shame. It would be an exercise in self survival, they think any proposed election would have to be deferred because they’ll be able to crow that their leader has an 80 seat majority. The same MPs who are telling us that we don’t have presidential electoral system but a parliamentary one!
    It’s pathetic,disingenuous, lacking respect and downright wrong.😡
  • There have been 16 Prime Ministers since 1945, only seven have entered office after winning a General Election

Of the other nine only Antony Eden called a General Election immediately upon becoming PM (50 days)

The record for PMs between elections is 5, 1780-84, although one of them died
  • edited October 2022
    I know it's usual for a govt to get elected on a manifesto that they don't fully implement within the term of office.

But when Truss became party leader she did the exact opposite of what the party promised the electorate to persuade voters to give them the job.

How is that a government with a mandate to govern?

( Ok, I know no-one is actually governing at the moment. In the interests of cost- cutting they're just broadcasting back to back episodes of Spitting Image.....

It's beyond satire)

#warontofu
  • It was so long ago, I can't remember what the party promised the electorate.
  • Fracking, Is that an underground political movement?
  • The laugh is, if he gets in again and is then found guilty of lying to parliament, we're back to square one again. Told joke of a situation. Have a general election and if the Tories get in again after all this, I will know for certain I'm living in a country full of idiots.
  • After this latest merry go round, It is pretty hard to argue against the principle of holding a General Election.

To march on regardless is simply wrong and farcical.
  • Returning to football, Haaland’s agent is claiming that he will be the first £1bn player. Not in my lifetime.
  • That's just an agent talking up their commission, but she didn't say that was a transfer fee. He will be worth a billion with his image rights, commercial rights and football earnings.
  • How's the arm Epsom?
  • After this latest merry go round, It is pretty hard to argue against the principle of holding a General Election.

To march on regardless is simply wrong and farcical.

It might be hard to argue against the principle of a General Election but it's even harder to argue that the Tories are going to call one when the current polls suggest they'd lose over 300 MPs
  • Rearranged festive fixtures -

Arsenal A 8pm Monday Dec 26 - Prime
    Brentford H 7.45 Friday Dec 30 - not on TV
    Leeds A 7.45 Wednesday Jan 4- not on TV
  • edited October 2022
    IronHerb said:

Rearranged festive fixtures -

Arsenal A 8pm Monday Dec 26 - Prime
    Brentford H 7.45 Friday Dec 30 - not on TV
    Leeds A 7.45 Wednesday Jan 4- not on TV

Fixtures reasonably spaced out for a change, we usually end up having less recovery time between games 1 and 2, and 2 and 3 than the teams we're playing against, so hopefully that won't be the case this season.

Edit: Just checked, Brentford play the early game on Boxing Day, so we'll have 7 and a half hours less time than then, but Leeds play on Saturday at 3pm as opposed to our Friday evening game, so an advantage to us although we are away for that one.
This discussion has been closed.