Couldn't think - from Sept 2022

Comments

• Good luck, and enjoy 😊

Golf is such an infuriating game imo, because you can hit one shot great, and the next shot, doing exactly the same thing (or at least that's how it feels) is absolutely dreadful.

First tee nerves are common even for those that have played for years, so your first first tee nerves are completely understandable. My advice would be to use a club you're comfortable with (assuming it's not a short par 3) such as a 7 wood or a hybrid rather than a driver, to keep your head down, to try not to hit the skin off the ball, to keep your head down, and finally to keep your head down.
  • I was invited to a 4 ball by my boss with two potential clients because he knew I played golf but had no idea how badly. My clubs were old which I’d had since I first started playing.
    First tee was a long one at a club you needed to drive a buggy from hole to next tee so I used my driver. The ball stayed on the tee because I missed it but the club head went about 50 yards.
    My boss leant me his driver and I hit a beautiful straight drive about 200 yards. Sadly the only good shot I hit that day although I did a reasonable shot on another hole when I was out of sight and the others accused me of throwing it because they didn’t believe I’d hit it.
    My ball always has an affinity with water and every water hole in I went to the extent that on one hole there was a ditch about 15 yards to the front and right of the tee which I hadn’t seen but one of the party said mind the water. I said what water and went straight in.
    They never asked me again but don’t let this put you off. πŸ˜€
  • edited October 2022
    Well, that should reassure epsom then thorn. πŸ˜‚
  • I'm paired with the boss' boss. Being retired at least he can't sack me if we lose 🀣🀣
  • I’m a bit worried about Thorn hitting his boss’s driver
  • I'm paired with the boss' boss. Being retired at least he can't sack me if we lose 🀣🀣

No, but he could re-employ you πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
  • I'd be happy with a two day a week job.....give my wife a break 🀣🀣
  • I'd be happy with a two day a week job.....give my wife a break 🀣🀣

She's angling for you going back full time I hear πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
  • Buffy.....you're not wrong there.
  • You'll be fine Epsom, just approach that first tee like Bowen stepping up for his penalty last Sunday, no doubt at all.
  • Don't ask me about technique - I've played 3 times a week for 20 years and haven't got it sussed. Best advice is be good company , compliment the others on their shots, try and watch where their balls go so you can help find them, relax and enjoy.
  • Cheers guys. Just pacing up and down, waiting to set off to the course. Thanks for all the advice
  • Have fun ( that's what it's for, right? ). And let us know how you got on.
  • Take up fishing mate , far less stressful.πŸ‘
  • So epsom blitzes the course, empties playing partners wallets and leaves the course with them mumbling about bandits. ☺️
  • MrsGrey said:

Have fun ( that's what it's for, right?).

Obviously there's a non-golfer amongst us. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

• Is it in the net?
  • Onion bag truly walloped
  • Had a mare, and two vaccinations in one arm the day before, didn't help. Got more enjoyable towards the end. Must play more and not so much time on the driving range, with lessons
  • Mucho congrats on writing something and getting it published πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • Congratulations and well done Outcast, it cannot have been an easy subject to research, but as a journalist you knew how. I wish you well with it.
  • Well done outcast
  • edited October 2022
    Well done Outcast. What high quality members we have in this forum.

I feel sure the Rohingya community around the world will be very grateful that someone has documented their plight. I hope it will find a warm reception and do much good.
  • Congratulations Outcast, so important to shine a light on their plight.
    Well done mate.
  • Got more enjoyable towards the end. Must play more...

That'll keep you out of your better half's hair then, so almost as good (for her) as you going back to work πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
  • Congratulations Outcast, you have every reason to be proud of yourself, getting published is no mean feat and the subject matter is heart wrenching.

Really well done
  • πŸ‘Outcast... when will it be on Kindle Unlimited?!?
  • Oh and Epsom, if you hit one good shot then you're hooked pal. It's highly addictive, especially if you've played competitive sport at any level =)
This discussion has been closed.