Couldn't think - from Sept 2022

Comments

• Hope you make a quick recovery Slacker.
  • Eurgh. Hope you make a quick and full recovery.
    Not had it myself but know plenty of friends and family who have, some multiple times. ( All been fully vaccinated.)

Seems a very mixed picture of symptoms, duration and recovery.
  • Wishing you a speedy recovery Slack, keep positive 😉
    Well negative actually, you know what I mean!
  • Did you drink from the wrong cup again??? (get well soon ;) )
  • A memory just popped up on my Facebook page …..
    On this day in 2010 we got our first win of the season. And against Spurs too!

Unfortunately we got relegated in last place that season.
  • Slacker… Hope you’re feeling better soon…
    Take care 🤗
  • Thanks for your thoughts. Still going through shivers and shakes but THE worst is the sore throat and accompanying cough,.
    Got a fabulous nurse looking after me though🥰
  • Slacker, have you been vaccinated?
    MrsGrey mentioned that she has friends/family who've had it even though they were vaccinated.
    Anyway, get well soon. =)
  • I mentioned it because I have a number of friends and family who have various 'complicating' factors like diabetes, Crohn's Disease, asthma, COPD, heart failure, being aged over 70 etc. Others were younger, no heath issues.... but their experiences have all been quite different. Of all those, only 2 were hospitalised.
  • Yeah Bubbles I’ve had the three jabs.
  • Keep taking your meds Slacker .Get Well Soon
  • Hope it clears up soon, so many side effects, this is slightly weird but a friend of mine lost taste and smell for a while and although it came back, some things are still off, for him, orange juice tastes very different and horrible.

I got nuffin
  • edited September 2022
    Slacker, when I had it I only had the really, really sore throat. It was so painful when I was swallowing even empty air. After 2-3 days I managed to see a doctor that prescribed an anti-inflammatory low dose steroid. I requested Prednisol as I knew it works for me. It was almost instant relief and my sore throat was gone within 2 days.
    I was lucky enough to not have any other symptoms.
    Feel better!
  • Get well soon Slacker.
  • @MrsGrey, Any further news on your move?
  • I think mine was sore throat for a day or so, fever for two days, and then another 3/4 days of a cold and just general exhaustion.

I hope it ends soon slacker!
  • @MrsGrey, Any further news on your move?

Slowly slowly...
  • MrsGrey said:

@MrsGrey, Any further news on your move?

Slowly slowly...
    Catchee monkey =)
  • Seems to be an absolutely lottery with Covid. I had the chills, exhaustion, loss of taste and smell, but no cough or sore throat at all.

Just hope that the jabs and medication keep it all relatively manageable for you Slacker 🤞
  • Get well soon slaker. Same as others just different every time. First time I had it was similar to yours. The sore throat was the worst I'd ever had. I had it last Christmas and felt fine but lost all smell and taste which was absolute hell around Xmas time.
  • My impression is that vaccination helped avoid the first one, but not the recent variations of covid. I didn't get it when I was isolated with my covid positive wife, then caught it weeks later for no reason I could fathom. My putting still hadn't recovered.
  • Touch wood I’ve not knowingly had it. 🤷‍♂️
    Get well soon Slacker. 👍
  • Back in the game.
    Still testing positive but feeling a whole lot better, just left with a cough that can rattle windows.Man it was a rough old few days,couldn’t eat or drink without wincing from a sore throat that was just on fire.
    Thanks for all your best wishes chums.
    Aaaaanyway, enough about me what have I missed?
    I hear the government have got things under control,so that’s good.
  • It's just ridiculous that it's taken to long to make such a simple change, it's obvious when you think about it.
  • Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned about the number of foreign, and in particular American owners of PL clubs? Bournemouth and now Everton have been linked with US buyouts in the last few weeks, and I'm sure I read somewhere that 8 PL clubs are already US owned.

Are there safeguards in place to prevent the PL voting to detach itself from the top of the pyramid should the usual two thirds majority (I think it's that for major changes) decide to do so? We all know that US owners love franchises that don't face relegation, but I must admit I didn't know there are quite so many US owners already in place and I'm a little concerned where this might be heading.
  • Good to hear you're back on the mend Slacker. Anyone else notice they seem to have voted in Lady Penelope from Thunderbirds to run the country?
  • But who is pulling the strings?
  • buffy, I really don't like the thought of football becoming soccer with all that the Americans believe should be the norm no draws, no relegation etc. You could see a plan to playing a batch or two of premier league games being moved to be played in the states. The concern is without any noticeable input from across the pond both codes of Rugby are looking to make it harder to progress up to the top table. Union has tight regulations to reduce the chances of promotion and League are considering ranking the sides so an 'A' rated team can't be demoted. So much for open competitve sports with opportunities to progress through the pyramid?
  • Anyone else starting to get a bit concerned about the number of foreign, and in particular American owners of PL clubs? Bournemouth and now Everton have been linked with US buyouts in the last few weeks, and I'm sure I read somewhere that 8 PL clubs are already US owned.

Are there safeguards in place to prevent the PL voting to detach itself from the top of the pyramid should the usual two thirds majority (I think it's that for major changes) decide to do so? We all know that US owners love franchises that don't face relegation, but I must admit I didn't know there are quite so many US owners already in place and I'm a little concerned where this might be heading.

Now you've got me worried about something I hadn't ever thought about. I'd been having quite a peaceful week reading the news until now.

(I'd hope fans would walk out if they did that)
This discussion has been closed.