Couldn't think - from Sept 2022

Comments

• The gnome's got it.
  • And it gets better

Next weekend' football might have to be cancelled because there aren't enough police officers to cover the various matches and the funeral on Monday 19th

So that's two weekends' worth of football we will have to fit into an already overcrowded fixture list
  • But this time it is all thr clubs, not just a few. So no single club will have a disadvantage by having to squeeze in a fixture or two.

On the plus side, I am sure that training will be continued and our new signings will get to know their teammates better.
    And - as lomg as the fixtures aren't squeezed in before the WC this should mean two games less without Aguerd.
  • We're in Europe still next Thursday right? If so at least we have that to keep our match sharpness.
  • Thank gawd the cricket’s on.🎉
  • I think Americans should be banned from having anything to do with our football. The proposals Chelsea’s new owner has put to the PL are a joke. Even Klopp has said is he being serious.
  • Just as stupid as the European Super League concocted by a Spaniard and just as likely to ever see reality.

He suggested relegation playoffs which many countries have and we used to have back in the 1890s
  • Purely for info but just saw this on the FPL site to any whom 🧐 it may concern

25 Squad players (*Home grown)
    Aguerd, Nayef
    Antonio, Michail Gregory*
    Areola, Alphonse Francis
    Benrahma, Mohamed Said
    Bowen, Jarrod*
    Cornet, Gnaly Albert Maxwel
    Coufal, Vladimir
    Coventry, Conor James*
    Cresswell, Aaron William*
    Dawson, Craig*
    Downes, Flynn*
    Fabianski, Lukasz Marek
    Fornals Malla, Pablo
    Johnson, Benjamin Anthony*
    Kehrer, Jan Thilo
    Lanzini, Manuel
    Ogbonna, Obinze Angelo
    Palmieri Dos Santos, Emerson
    Randolph, Darren*
    Rice, Declan*
    Scamacca, Gianluca
    Soucek, Tomas
    Tolentino Coelho De Lima, Lucas
    Zouma, Kurt Happy

U21 players (Contract and Scholars)
    Akpata, Tyron Onyedikachi
    Appiah-Forson, Keenan
    Ashby, Harrison
    Baptiste, Jamal
    Bates, Billy Alfred
    Battrum, Ryan Lewis
    Boothe, Sebastian John
    Briggs, Joshua Joseph
    Casey, Kaelan Michael
    Chesters, Daniel Peter James
    Clayton, Regan Kent
    Coddington, Remy Taye Stephon
    Earthy, George Robert
    Ekwah-Elimby, Pierre-Emmanuel
    Falase, Asher Tayo
    Fawunmi, Favour Ayobamide Daniel
    Forbes, Michael
    Greenidge, William Winston
    Hegyi, Krisztian
    Herrick, Finlay Jacob
    Jones, Liam Stephen
    Kelly, Patrick John
    Kinnear, Brian David
    Knightbridge, Jacob Christopher
    Kodua, Gideon Nana Kwame Fosu
    Laing, Levi Alexander
    Marshall, Callum
    Mubama, Divin Saku
    Nevers, Thierry Odaine
    Odubeko, Ademipo Ibrahim
    Oko-Flex, Armstrong Inya Echezolachuku
    Orford, Lewis
    Peake, Lennon
    Potts, Freddie
    Rigge, Daniel Arron
    Robinson, Carl Junior
    Scarles, Oliver James
    Swyer, Kamarai Joshua
    Tarima, Sean Tapuwa
    Terry, Mason James
    Umolu, Jemiah
    Uwandji, Blaise Lukadi
    Woods, Archie James
  • Nothing to do with those lists really but I noticed Zouma’s middle name is “Happy “.
    I love those African inspired names, just so positive aren’t they? I’ve got a good friend who’s name is “Stah” and she lives up to it.

Anyway that’s enough positivity for one day.

Carry on.
  • Bates, Billy Alfred

You have to admit it, our Anglo-Saxon names are just a bit bland compared with, for example:

Oko-Flex, Armstrong Inya Echezolachuku
  • “ Coming over ‘ere with their positive names.”
    🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🤯🤯
  • Slack.. we may disagree on our feelings about the transfer thread.. but sometimes.. just sometimes.. 😉 you do make me LAUGH OUT LOUD 😂
  • I always feel a little ashamed when (usually) Chinese people assume a Western name rather than asking us to learn how today their actual name.

On a lighter note, I would have a Chinese name of 'Oiyou'
  • I like the name Billy Bates, sounds like a tough midfielder.
  • I like the name Billy Bates, sounds like a tough midfielder.

No one messes with Billy Bates…… and lives 💪🏿
  • Ravel49 said:

No one messes with Billy Bates…… and lives 💪🏿

Mainly because his older brother Norman will take care of you. 😉🚿
  • I think Americans should be banned from having anything to do with our football. The proposals Chelsea’s new owner has put to the PL are a joke. Even Klopp has said is he being serious.

It still made me mentally plan the players in both sides for the north vs south all star teams ;)
  • edited September 2022
    Bazshuayi said:

I think Americans should be banned from having anything to do with our football. The proposals Chelsea’s new owner has put to the PL are a joke. Even Klopp has said is he being serious.

It still made me mentally plan the players in both sides for the north vs south all star teams ;)
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62899015

Pick your team
  • Rice vs The players from a combined Liverpool and Man City team haha Actually I think I got a little further than that
  • edited September 2022
    Random topic alert.

I have just been quite shocked and wonder if I am being realistic or not...

I'm in the process of buying a flat in London and am looking to appoint a surveyor. In the course of getting a few quotes, I had one company who set out what they could provide and for what cost
    One optional extra is a report on the nature of the area. It covers things like local schools, crime rates, how close are airports and motorways... And also the ethnic make up of the area.
    That was what shocked me. Is that legal?

They say their report is to help you make an informed decision about if you want to live there, and factors that could impact on the value of your property.

Surely that's pandering to potential racists? I mean, obvs the stats are in the public domain. But should a professional company be offering to tell you how many black people live in an area so you can bail on the purchase?

Is this common?

( I'm not going to appoint them, btw)
  • I don't think that's normal! I didn't see anything like that when I was looking.

Which area are you looking in?
  • I've had an offer accepted SE19.

Surveyor I contacted for a quote is https://www.mapsurveyors.co.uk/

They don't seem to include things in their 'about the area' report like green spaces, swimming pools or local places of worship. I'm interested in how they decided what elements potential buyers were interested in, and I'll have a conversation with them tomorrow when I tell them I'm not going to appoint them.

Never thought I'd agree with Klopp, first time for everything I guess 😱😱😱
  • MrsGrey said:

I've had an offer accepted SE19.

Are you intending to leave Greece permanently, or just have a UK base as well?
  • I assume you gained permission from Ham to move into the Crystal Palace locale? 😬
  • MrsGrey said:

Are you intending to leave Greece permanently, or just have a UK base as well?
    Permanent :+1:
  • IronHerb said:

I assume you gained permission from Ham to move into the Crystal Palace locale? 😬

In my defense, I did look at a couple of places in the vicinity of Selhurst Park and told the estate agent that Ham would never forgive me so they needed to find me somewhere a bit further away.
  • MrsGrey said:

Surveyor I contacted for a quote is https://www.mapsurveyors.co.uk/

They don't seem to include things in their 'about the area' report like green spaces, swimming pools or local places of worship. I'm interested in how they decided what elements potential buyers were interested in, and I'll have a conversation with them tomorrow when I tell them I'm not going to appoint them.

Oh, I lie then. I did use them but was never given that option.
  • It might be a new thing they offer. A bit of digging reveals that the actual report is compiled by a company called property detectives.
This discussion has been closed.