The Transfer Window

Comments

• Ravel49 said:

West Ham agree deal for PSG's Kehrer
    West Ham have agreed a deal to sign PSG defender Thilo Kehrer.
    The fee is believed to be €12m (£10m) plus add-ons. Kehrer has arrived in London for a medical and to finalise personal terms.
    West Ham hope to complete the deal in time for Kehrer to be available for Thursday night’s Europa Conference League qualifier against Viborg.

Does anyone actually think he will be involved on Thursday given he would have had little to no time to train with the team 🤨

If we get the deal done tonight, give him a day's training tomorrow then I think he could make the bench and be ready in an emergency.

But I expect it's more likely that he'll only be there in a waving-to-the-crowd before-kick-off capacity.
  • Seen a rumour there’s a concern over Zouma’s long term fitness?
  • https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/thilo-kehrer-paris-saint-germain-ligue-1-tactical-analysis

If anybody interested. Seems he’s an aggressive defender, likes to press & passes well. Can play RB & DM, good in a back 3 or 4.
  • Lukerz said:

Seen a rumour there’s a concern over Zouma’s long term fitness?

Yeah, degenerative knee issue is being rumoured 😭😭😭
  • alderz said:

Media @ WHUFC could have had him announced in the new Third kit IF we are that close. =)

The media dept. couldn't spell Scammaca's name correctly, so I wouldn't assume they know what's going on
    Alderz, I can't quite figure out whether you're being ironic or not. =)
  • Lukerz said:

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/thilo-kehrer-paris-saint-germain-ligue-1-tactical-analysis

If anybody interested. Seems he’s an aggressive defender, likes to press & passes well. Can play RB & DM, good in a back 3 or 4.

Would look to be a very good addition to the squad.
  • edited August 2022
    I think the Zouma thing is that he'll have to retire earlier than most footballers. So it may not affect his time with us, just means there's unlikely to be a pension-increasing spell in Saudi Arabia or the MLS for Kurt once he's the wrong side of 32.

I would imagine, given his knee problems in the past, we wouldn't have signed off on a medical if we thought he'd suffer problems during his contract with us.
  • There is obvious concern over Dawson & Ogbonna. When you get to that age as a PL defender & suffer either 1) a serious injury (Oggy) or 2) a recurrent injury you can’t shake (Dawson) it normally means you’re a few months away from dropping down the leagues before you retire. Throw in Zouma seems to limp about most games & Aguerd has now had ankle surgery, it’s looking a problem area.
  • edited August 2022
    There are rumblings that Ogbonna's injury was particularly bad and he's unlikely to play senior first team football again.

Does have a feel of the Winston Reid's about it, I must say.
  • Moyes Aug 12: "Craig is doing quite well, so we’ll see how he is."

Bit early to be writing him off.
  • Kehrer having medical now, according to Ex
  • alderz said:

Media @ WHUFC could have had him announced in the new Third kit IF we are that close. =)

The media dept. couldn't spell Scammaca's name correctly, so I wouldn't assume they know what's going on
    Alderz, I can't quite figure out whether you're being ironic or not. =)
    We’ll never know
  • With his capacity to play in several places (apparently he's played full back and center back for Germany) he looks like a great signing as well as a budget friendly one. Above all else though, he gives everything on the pitch because he's a 'Kehrer' (yes I spoiled it at the end but at least I started off sensible, right?)
  • A German fullback what could be better
  • edited August 2022
    A German Shepherd?
  • Quick scan of Transfermarkt, SofaScore and FBRef looking at Kehrer.

1. The guy is pretty versatile. He’s a centre back, but his heatmap from last season and got Germany’s games in the Nations League, you can see that he’s capable of getting forward when he plays on the flanks.

2. He’s clearly very good on the ball compared to most centre backs, which suggests a potential change in tactical approach.

3. Defensive stats for the biggest clubs are a bit misleading. He didn’t play loads this last year, and when he did his side weren’t defending all that much.

• You might be a nerd but you're our nerd.
  • Nerderz 🤔
  • Change in tactics approach? Is this why our CBs keep taking goals kicks? (Seems pointless to me)
  • Ravel49 said:

Nerderz 🤔

Noooooooo!
  • Ravel49 said:

Nerderz 🤔

• Packer 😂 🙌🏻
  • West Ham have reportedly emerged to explore a possible move for transfer listed Lazio defender Francesco Acerbi.
    The 34-year-old Italian centre back handed in a transfer request at the start of the summer after an incredibly difficult year in the Italian capital. Acerbi struggled to adapt to Maurizio Sarri’s system in Rome and he didn’t respond well to the criticism, doing a ‘shh’ gesture to the fans when celebrating a goal. The incident caused a rift to form between player and fans, something that still hasn’t dissipated.

As reported by La Lazio Siamo Noi, West Ham recently emerged to inquire about Acerbi’s situation at Lazio and understand the margins of a possible deal.
    The Italy international did not respond to the request, however, as he’d prefer to stay in Italy for the final years of his career. Acerbi clearly wants to join Simone Inzaghi’s Inter and turned down approaches from both Monza and Torino in recent weeks.

Literally makes no sense with Kehrer about to sign
  • edited August 2022
    MrsGrey said:

Ravel49 said:

Nerderz 🤔

Noooooooo!
    Apologies all round if that has breached site etiquette 😘
  • No breach, but...

Alderz ;bowdown
  • Change in tactics approach? Is this why our CBs keep taking goals kicks? (Seems pointless to me)

I think we’ll play a back 3 when everyone is available. Kehrer Zouma Aguerd. Two very good ball playing centre backs on the outside flanking a very fast, reliable defender.
  • edited August 2022
    alderz said:

Change in tactics approach? Is this why our CBs keep taking goals kicks? (Seems pointless to me)

I think we’ll play a back 3 when everyone is available. Kehrer Zouma Aguerd. Two very good ball playing centre backs on the outside flanking a very fast, reliable defender.
    I think we will too. Moyes has experimented with it enough to make me think it's a firm option, if not his preferred one.

But for that to work, and to allow your wing-backs to play further forward, the RCB and LCB will have to cover the flanks, which in turn means you need a genuine DM (think Rodri and Fabinho) to help centrally. Do we have that? Rice seems to have become more of a No8, and Soucek's best work is done in the final third. It would explain why Moyes was keen on Onana, but since he went to Everton we haven't really been linked with anyone else to play there and seem to be looking at AMs instead.
  • OR we could hoof it up to the big lad up front.
  • edited August 2022
    Kehrer is now following West Ham on Instagram and he's removed 'player for PSG' from his bio. This one is basically done.
  • I won't believe that Kehrer is a West Ham player until I see him photographed in the treatment room.
This discussion has been closed.