The Transfer Window

Comments

• From the new ITK on KUMB, who has probably been the most accurate so far this summer, we're signing Kehrer, Emerson and Vanaken.

Broja is still a possibility, as is Payet, who has fallen out with Marseille's manager and is said to want another crack at the London Stadium.

Watch this space, I guess.
  • Vanaken is a 6'5" Belgian midfielder. Basically Soucek, if he could pass.

245 career G/As in 518 games sounds great, but with the caveat that he's never played outside of Belgium.

Soon to turn 30, so not a long-term solution, but could help us a lot in midfield for a couple of years. Feels like a transition signing until we can find another Onana.
  • Manchester United have joined a list of Premier League clubs, including Arsenal and West Ham, interested in signing Ecuador defensive midfielder Moises Caicedo, 20, from Brighton. (Mirror)
  • From the new ITK on KUMB, who has probably been the most accurate so far this summer, we're signing Kehrer, Emerson and Vanaken.

Broja is still a possibility, as is Payet, who has fallen out with Marseille's manager and is said to want another crack at the London Stadium.

They seem very certain. ‘We are signing’. Let’s see if it comes to fruition.

Kehrer - Diop
    Emerson - Masuaku
    Vanaken - Vlasic
  • Our scouts around South America, not sure if we have got one mind, should have picked up on Caicedo before Brighton got him. Vanaken is a bit like Aguerd in that we were strongly linked with him last summer so revisiting old targets as we don't appear to be able to get our current ones.
  • Our scouts around South America, not sure if we have got one mind, should have picked up on Caicedo before Brighton got him.

This is what we need to improve upon, IMO; finding players one move before they become top class. Something Southampton have done well in recent years. Leicester too, actually (Mahrez, Kante the obvious examples).

Can't think of any recent examples of us finding a player like that, actually.

• OCS, Could have discovered Onana before he left Hamburg. He fits the Red Bull project perfectly.
  • OCS, Could have discovered Onana before he left Hamburg. He fits the Red Bull project perfectly.

I think the West Ham Red Bull thing is a bit of a fallacy, to be honest. None of our signings under Moyes have really met that criteria. Longer term that might be the goal, but we're not close at the moment because I don't believe we have the infrastructure to achieve it.
  • Lukerz said:

From the new ITK on KUMB, who has probably been the most accurate so far this summer, we're signing Kehrer, Emerson and Vanaken.

They seem very certain. ‘We are signing’. Let’s see if it comes to fruition.

Kehrer - Diop
    Emerson - Masuaku
    Vanaken - Vlasic
    Kehrer's name's been knocking around for a week or so, but I've not heard Emerson or Vanaken linked by any of the main ITK sources. This guy sounds sure though.

Will be interesting to see if these come off; Ex, Sheth, Ornstein, Romano have all been very quiet lately on West Ham news lately.
  • Emerson not on the bench yesterday
    But strongly linked with Lazio, who need to sell before they can purchase anymore
  • Bit of noise on Twitter about Broja signing a new contract. Deals like this for young players at big clubs often mean a loan is imminent; if I were a betting man, I'd say Everton are much more likely than us.

Emerson would be a squad signing, to replace Masuaku. Arguably, he’s better than Masuaku, but isn’t going to be improving the first 11 with a back four.
  • I think he might. He only needs to be better than Cresswell to do that.

Would Cresswell have got into Lyon's team last season? Would he have 27 caps for Italy? Emerson may not be a 'next level' signing as such, but I think he can improve on a regressing Cresswell fairly comfortably.
  • Or we consider going for a RB & we move Johnson to LB.
  • Maybe that's what we're looking at with Kehrer. Has played RB plenty in his career, so maybe once Aguerd is fit he could replace Coufal.
  • David Moyes may not be too happy with the Czech Boys & a few others based on his recent comments? He said he signed players to help us avoid relegation & is now looking for some to help us compete regularly for the top six. An upgrade for Soucek may be in his current thinking and possibly a couple of new full backs. I know the list keeps growing. =)
  • I've just read that Man Utd want to sell James Garner. I would really like it if we signed him. He's a very good central midfielder and was a star at Forest last year. He's a proper playmaker, and I think would give us another excellent option in the middle. I reckon he's too similar to Downes for it to happen, but he was outstanding in the Championship last season.
  • alderz said:

I've just read that Man Utd want to sell James Garner. I would really like it if we signed him. He's a very good central midfielder and was a star at Forest last year. He's a proper playmaker, and I think would give us another excellent option in the middle. I reckon he's too similar to Downes for it to happen, but he was outstanding in the Championship last season.

If the Vanaken rumours are true, then it's looking like:

Rice/Downes
    Vanaken/Soucek

Coventry likely to be loaned if that happens, so I can only see us pursuing Garner if Moyes is looking to get rid of Soucek.
  • I don't think we will go after Garner, just to be clear. I just would like it if we did. I also don't think that having 5 central midfield options is a bad idea. Personally, I think it makes sense to keep Coventry around too.
  • I think five is fine too, but Coventry staying as 5th choice does him no favours. He's 22 now and will want to play football.

If he goes, I suspect our 5th choice will be Fornals or Lanzini.
  • The club took a lot of flak when reports came out that we couldn't come to an agreement/didn't offer a new contract for coufal/Soucek

But their form over the last 12 months has been so poor that it seems the club were right, both seriously need to step up now as it hasn't been good enough
  • I’m not sure Soucek is playing any worse, he just isn’t scoring. Coufal has definitely declined.
  • Big Fab:

Paris Saint-Germain are hopeful to sell Thilo Kehrer within this week, West Ham are pushing - also Keylor Navas in talks with Napoli and trying to find solution for Icardi. 🔵 #PSG
  • Ornstein is also reporting that we're close on Kehrer. Seems to be the most likely.

Interestingly, he's also reporting the Emerson interest, which strengthens the KUMB ITK's position somewhat as he broke this news last night (although he intimated the deal was done rather than at the 'interest' stage)
  • You know all this “ next level “ stuff that’s been banded about regarding transfers ? In my eyes probably the two best signings we’ve made in the last four or five years have been Bowen and Dawson. Not exactly world beaters when we got them were they?
  • Tbf why people cling onto the "next level" thing is beyond me

Yea the owners wanted to compete but its not like the big 6, who all have at least 3 times our revenue, are just going to sit around

We made "next level" signings in Haller, Anderson, Yarnolenko, Hernandez etc. And they all were naff
  • The manager himself has said he wants to sign players to keep us top six. That is, in terms of the club's aspirations, our next level.

To do that you either need to try to sign players that the big six want (as we reportedly did with Nunez, Diaz, Phillip and Raphinha) or you have to identify players capable of reaching those levels in the next 12-24 months.

Aguerd and Scamacca might be two of those players; Downes and Cornet probably not.

In that context, Emerson isn't wanted by Chelsea or, presumably, City, Liverpool, Arsenal et al, so arguably he's not top six (next level) material, but at the moment he is at least genuine competition for Cresswell.
  • Dharmesh is now reporting we're at the advanced talks stage with PSG for Kehrer (£10m), that we're in talks with Chelsea for Emerson (£13m) and that we have an interest in Vanaker.

So either Dharmesh has a KUMB account or the new guy has genuine contacts somewhere.
  • Ravel49 said:

And Conor G
    And Billy G

And Kenny G
    And Dustin Gee?
This discussion has been closed.