The Transfer Window

Comments

• Finally, a good pun. =)
  • West Ham submit offer for Milan target Kiwior
    by Football Italia1 hour ago

Gianluca Di Marzio reports that West Ham have submitted a concrete offer to Spezia for Jakub Kiwior, who is also on Milan’s radar.
    The 22-year-old Polish defender joined the Ligurian side last summer from Slovakian outfit MSK Zilina in a deal worth around €2.2m. Kiwior immediately impressed for Spezia, putting up incredibly impressive numbers in blocks, clearances and pressures playing as either a centre back or defensive midfielder.
    As reported by Gianluca Di Marzio, West Ham have submitted a €12m offer for Kiwior to Spezia, who are now considering cashing in on the player after only a year.
    Milan are one of the many clubs strongly interested in the 22-year-old Pole and they’ve asked to be informed about possible negotiations. The Rossoneri wouldn’t look to make a move this summer, however, and instead would look to return in January or next summer.
    West Ham have already been active in Serie A this summer, signing Gianluca Scamacca from Sassuolo and sending Nikola Vlasic to Torino on loan.
  • Sarr's having another good game for Watford. Good touch, works hard and a very smart ball for Watford's goal.

£25-30m according to the comms. Think I'd be happy to pay the lower part of that for him; would be good competition for Bowen.
  • Onana on the bench for Everton today
  • Forest signing Neal Maupay, always scores against us so good for next week.
  • Forest have signed a few now!
  • Dennis and Kouyate the next two in a couple of days. What a scramble there’s going to be next summer with players rushing to get out if they go down.
  • Suggestion over on KUMB that the Kehrer deal is done.
  • Suggestion over on KUMB that the Kehrer deal is done.

Slight backtrack; Kehrer has apparently agreed personal terms, we've yet to agree a deal with PSG.
  • Mirror says we’ve agreed £16m fee 🤔
  • Mirror also did phone hacking and posted fake photos, not sure we can trust them
  • From HanmersNews

West Ham are struggling to convince Paris Saint-Germain ace Thilo Kehrer to move to the London Stadium this summer.

That’s according to a report from Sports Germany who claim that the 25-year-old would prefer to remain in France rather than join the Hammers, as things stand.

This news is in direct contrast to the report from the Mirror that we covered earlier suggesting that West Ham are on the verge of signing Kehrer.
  • Dennis and Kouyate the next two in a couple of days.
    We should have been all over that. Especially Kouyate. :p

• Thought this thread was looking a bit dormant so what about Forest being linked with signing Aouar?
  • edited August 2022

From HanmersNews

Followed the link and translated the original article on Sky Sports Germany website
    Thilo Kehrer is about to say goodbye in Paris. The French would like to sell the German international this summer, as Kehrer's contract expires next year and he could then leave the club free of charge.

As Sky reported, Sevilla FC and West Ham United are interested in the defender. Kehrer can imagine a change but does not want to leave PSG under all circumstances. Last season, he played over 40 competitive matches and celebrated his third championship in four years with the capitals.

However, Paris is still demanding 20 million euros for the ex-Schalke despite only one year remaining term. Even for a Premier League club like West Ham (too) a lot of money. A first offer to PSG was ten to twelve million euros.
    According to L'Equipe PSG want to sell him rather than let him leave on a free next year and to make space to bring in another CB, rumoured to be Bayern Munich's Lucas Hernandez

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Thilo-kehrer-psg-n-a-pas-encore-dit-oui-a-west-ham/1347599

It seems pretty clear that he has no future at PSG so the options appear to be West Ham, Sevilla or maybe spending a season with PSG II playing in the Championnat National 2 (4th tier)
  • Dennis and Kouyate the next two in a couple of days.
    We should have been all over that. Especially Kouyate. :p

Might be seen as a step back, but I agree about Kouyate. He could probably be cover for central defence and central midfield.A free short term solution? Although he would probably want a longer contract at this point.

• Thought this thread was looking a bit dormant so what about Forest being linked with signing Aouar?

Forest are linked with (and seem to actually signing) everyone
  • edited August 2022
    They will be league one in 3 years
    Go down this year
    Struggle to off load these over paid players
    Survive champo first season back
    Then relegated next year

#youhearditherefirst 🌳 🪓
  • alderz said:

Thought this thread was looking a bit dormant so what about Forest being linked with signing Aouar?

Where as we are ……..? 🤔
  • alderz said:

Thought this thread was looking a bit dormant so what about Forest being linked with signing Aouar?

Where as we are ……..? 🤔
    Monitoring, interested in, considering, weighing up, edging closer...

😉
  • OCS, I thought we were doing that the week before last & still no new signings? 😬
  • Maupay, Lingard, Awoniyi, Dennis

Let's sign him next summer when his inevitable relegation clause kicks in
  • This game is feeling massive to me - not sure how I feel about our chances but very excited . COME ON YOU IRONS
  • I see Chelsea have gone in for Everton's Anthony Gordon. £42m is mad money but I reckon Lampard will try to get Broja as part of any deal.
  • And Conor G
    And Billy G
  • Is Anthony Gordon actually that good? He was good in a terrible side last year, but that is a crazy price, surely?
  • I don't trust any Everton wonderkid since Jack Rodwell.
  • I don't trust any Everton wonderkid since Jack Rodwell.

Not even Tom Davies?!
  • I see Forest are supposedly close to signing Lyon's Aouar for €15m. Excuse the transfer window bingo shout, but why aren't we all over that? Good age, affordable, versatile, good European pedigree, 83 G/As in 242 appearances. I can't see a lot wrong with that, to be honest.
  • OCS, IF that is correct then there should be some serious questions being asked about what is going on with our transfer process. 👍
This discussion has been closed.