The Transfer Window

Comments

• Yeah I like RLC.
  • edited August 2022
    Hasn't RLC had quite a few injuries?

CHO I don't know that I've ever seen play that well. Aside from not being realistic, Pulisic is on my list of players I irrationally dislike.
  • edited August 2022

Hasn't RLC had quite a few injuries?

He's only on Page 1 of 1!

But yeah, he's had a fair few.

Tell you what though, we talk about Moyes liking versatility; have a look at this:

• Maybe RLC means Right Left or Centre
  • In the 18/19 season he missed 47 games
  • CHO has played on the left side at Chelsea when I have seen him (which isn't often) and also at RWB. I think Pulisic, purely from a luxury loan capacity would ne nice (as others have said wages and fee would probably be too much and he'd perhaps look at a higher ranked team than us, definitely a perennial Europe competing team unless we were lucky). He seems to play left forward a lot too. However, he's also played right, no10 and as a wing back for Chelsea so he's a Jack of all trades too. Realistically RLC but we could have Pulisic too if I were to be greedy, no?

I'm probably in the minority but I dont think Gallagher is all that. Started well at Palace but it seemed in the last half of the season he fell off a cliff fantasy points wise anyway :) That said, I am NOT saying I wouldnt be pleased if Chelsea relented and allowed him a loan to us (but I dont think he wants to get loaned anywhere)
  • I'd love Gallagher. If Rice were to eventually go to Chelsea the only that would sweeten it for me would be for cash and Gallagher.
  • West Ham improve Kehrer bid | Interest in Gallagher
    West Ham have made an improved offer for PSG defender Thilo Kehrer after having their first bid rejected.
    The Hammers have other options they will pursue if they can't reach an agreement with the French champions.
    David Moyes' side are also keeping an eye on Conor Gallagher’s situation at Chelsea.
    The feeling is the England international will remain at Stamford Bridge for the forthcoming season.
  • edited August 2022
    Can only see CG leaving if De Jong signs
  • I don’t mind this at all as an individual transfer. But our lack of options at CB currently, and the departure of Alese makes me a bit nervous about this. If we don’t have an option, I’d like to see Baptiste given some minutes, personally.
  • Very concerning imo. We have to hope no one else gets injured before Sundays game at least.
  • Hamstew said:

Very concerning imo. We have to hope no one else gets injured before Sundays game at least.

We're a bit stuck if Cresswell picks up a knock before Sunday. Masuaku binned off, Longelo injured, Johnson already playing out of position at CB. Just really not keen on letting players go if we don't have replacements all but done.
  • But diop was basically refusing to play until he got his transfer so might aswell sell now and use the money to replace with someone who does
  • edited August 2022
    I don't think anyone is too bothered that Diop has gone. Like you say he didn't want to play anyway and much better we've got some money in. We're just hoping a replacement is on the cards soon.
  • Sky Germany reporting that we've offered €10-12m for Kehrer, but PSG want €20m. Player is said to be interested in the move. Sevilla also interested.
  • From what I gather we binned Diop off then refused an almost agreed transfer to Fulham and then expected him to be totally committed to us. I don't condone his refusal to play but I do think he was harshly treated.
  • IronHerb said:

From what I gather we binned Diop off then refused an almost agreed transfer to Fulham and then expected him to be totally committed to us. I don't condone his refusal to play but I do think he was harshly treated.

If we postponed the move because of Aguerd's injury, or the Dawson situation, then that's fair game, IMO. If he's effectively refused to play, which is what Moyes has said, then it's not on. I hope we refused to pay him for the last couple of weeks.
  • To be fair, I think when a player has it in his head he is moving on & the club have made it clear he can move on, it’s not unexpected that he was disappointed when we weren’t accepting Fulham’s offer, especially if it all changed after Aguerd’s injury.
  • edited August 2022
    Kehrer is 5th choice CB at PSG

Diop is 5th choice CB at West Ham

Completely understand why both of them would want to move to a smaller club where they have a better chance of getting played

All the best to Diop, I imagine he'll be one of the best CBs in the Championship next season...
  • Disappointed I understand. But to refuse to play? Nah, don't agree with that myself.
  • Disappointed I understand. But to refuse to play? Nah, don't agree with that myself.

What Moyes said was that Diop "didn’t put himself forward to play"

I'm not entirely sure what that means but you could set English GCSEs exam question on interpreting Moyes's metaphors
  • Kehrer is 5th choice CB at PSG

Diop is 5th choice CB at West Ham

Completely understand why both of them would want to move to a smaller club where they have a better chance of getting played

All the best to Diop, I imagine he'll be one of the best CBs in the Championship next season...

There aren't too many options to move to a bigger club if you're already at PSG.

What Moyes said was that Diop "didn’t put himself forward to play"

I'm not entirely sure what that means but you could set English GCSEs exam question on interpreting Moyes's metaphors
    ... and this not putting himself forward to play could've easily meant he was either not fit enough from a lack of pre-season or actually carrying a knock so he didn't want to jeopardize an impending move
  • Possibly, but then why did neither McKinlay or Moyes say he was injured when they were asked about him?
  • Because they were trying to sell him. 😂
  • IronHerb said:

Because they were trying to sell him. 😂

So you think Fulham would have pulled out of the move if Moyes had said 'he's got a slight niggle that we didn't want to risk'?

Moyes could have said anything but chose to say Diop didn't put himself forward. To me, that's quite clear that Diop just didn't want to play.
  • This process of selling before we buy is a bit like when we sold Haller because DM didn’t think we would get as good as offer for him at a later date. We all know what happened about getting his replacement in. 😬
  • I like the signings we’ve made so far but squad size really bothers me. If it’s true that Vlasic and Benrahma are leaving too that’s 9 out and only five in from a squad that was too small already! It’s mad. Individually, I don’t oppose any of the outgoings but collectively we’re being left so short on options. Really hope there’s a big plan at play.
This discussion has been closed.