The Transfer Window

Comments

• I have no idea, I'm a Tube driver not a football manager

Chelsea haven't made an official announcement that's he's not available and all the journo says is that Chelsea are "in no rush" which could mean he might be available later in the window

I'm happy with whatever Moyes decides

What if he decides he wants to drive a Tube train?
  • We have all sorts down here, we're not fussy
  • Then he'll have to get in the queue.
  • We have all sorts down here, we're not fussy

I’m not a massive fan of liquorice tbh so you’re welcome to them..
  • According to Transfermarkt, Fornals has played CM 5 times for us, including twice this season. I was only checking out of curiosity really. He’s played there 30 times for other sides
  • alderz said:

According to Transfermarkt, Fornals has played CM 5 times for us, including twice this season. I was only checking out of curiosity really. He’s played there 30 times for other sides

5 times from 125 appearances seems pretty clear that we don't see him in that role

So I do think that Lewis-Potter will be directly up against him and Benrahma for a starting berth, as one of those two usually occupy that position
  • alderz said:

According to Transfermarkt, Fornals has played CM 5 times for us, including twice this season. I was only checking out of curiosity really. He’s played there 30 times for other sides

5 times from 125 appearances seems pretty clear that we don't see him in that role

So I do think that Lewis-Potter will be directly up against him and Benrahma for a starting berth, as one of those two usually occupy that position
    He’s also played CAM 38 times, though.

I think:
    Bowen - Fornals - Lewis-Potter
    Antonio

Could be the future
  • Over on KUMB there are suggestions of a link to David Turnbull, a CM for Celtic.
  • alderz said:

I really hope the Lewis-Potter rumours come to fruition. He has looked excellent for Hull, and is exactly the sort of signing I like us making. I love it when we sign young players from the Championship.

Not a fan of this one. When has signing a winger from Hull ever worked out for us?
  • Actually I back track….
    Never sign a winger from Wolves..

How much?? 😜
  • Twitter reports that we have rejected an approach from Chelsea for Rice.
  • Not a transfer as such, but Mark Warburton has joined the coaching staff, presumably to replace Stuart Pearce.
  • Lukerz said:

Twitter reports that we have rejected an approach from Chelsea for Rice.

Out of interest, does it say how much?
  • Not a transfer as such, but Mark Warburton has joined the coaching staff, presumably to replace Stuart Pearce.

That’s a cracking appointment, seriously
  • Our coaching staff is absolutely stacked
  • Can he play left back?
  • C&H report Areola expected to sign by end of play Monday.
  • I've kind of always expected him to sign and don't really class it as a massive coup. I like him, but for me it's not a pivotal moment for us improving. Fab's good for another season and I don't want Areola's signing being made out to be a marquee signing and deflecting from other areas where we are lacking.IMO obviously
  • Can he play left back?

The guy he replaced could
  • Kalvin Phillips on his way to City for £42m + £3m add ons
  • Kalvin Phillips on his way to City for £42m + £3m add ons

All together now

🎶 We should have been all over that 🎶
  • BBC Gossip Column today:

- We’re ‘keeping tabs’ on Gini Wijnaldum’s situation at PSG, along with Leicester, Wolves and Everton (90mins).

- Raphinha has rejected PL clubs as he only wants to go to Barcelona (Sport)
  • edited June 2022
    alderz, We were in January allegedly? The same with Raphinha & Nunez?
  • edited June 2022
    And supposedly at £5m more than City are paying.

I don't believe any of those bids happened in January, at least not with any genuine commitment.
  • And supposedly at £5m more than City are paying.

I don't believe any of those bids happened in January, at least not with any genuine commitment.

Tbf January is a completely different type of market, prices are always inflated

If they sold Raphinha and/or Phillips they likely would've been relegated and missout on £100mil from the TV money....that's why they rejected £5mil more
  • Also we are MASSIVE but CITY are humongous

Tbf January is a completely different type of market, prices are always inflated

If they sold Raphinha and/or Phillips they likely would've been relegated and missout on £100mil from the TV money....that's why they rejected £5mil more
    It isn't so much about Leeds not selling in January, but about us seemingly not being in for Phillips now.

If Leeds have accepted £45m from City, then surely a £50m bid from us would have been accepted too?

I know there are many other factors to consider; how payments are made, selling to a rival etc., but if Phillips was considered a primary target that we were prepared to commit £50m to six months ago, then I would have thought we'd be interested now.

If, of course, the interest/bid in January was genuine.

It isn't so much about Leeds not selling in January, but about us seemingly not being in for Phillips now.

If Leeds have accepted £45m from City, then surely a £50m bid from us would have been accepted too?

I know there are many other factors to consider; how payments are made, selling to a rival etc., but if Phillips was considered a primary target that we were prepared to commit £50m to six months ago, then I would have thought we'd be interested now.

But its hard to know we weren't, agents are in conversations with clubs before the transfers...I'm sure we knew that Man City were interested and it has been known for weeks he wanted to go there...we probably didn't want to waste our time

We probably saw Jan as a chanced opportunity

Similar(ish) to how Newcastle had £35mil bids rejected for Diego Carlos who has just moved to Villa this summer for £27mil, and Newcastle weren't interested
  • Yeah, good point. Like how we tried to get Diaz before his move to Liverpool. And tried to get Nunez before his move to Liverpool.
  • edited June 2022

And supposedly at £5m more than City are paying.

I think it’s as simple as we tested the waters in January, for two of Leeds’ key players. Leeds wouldn’t sell then for obvious reasons. 6 months on & bigger clubs than us are now interested when they weren’t that fussed in January.
This discussion has been closed.