The Transfer Window

Comments

• That Darmesh chap on Sky is saying we're close and confident on finalising a five-year deal for Areola, that an official bid for Broja is imminent and we still hold an interest in Lingard.

He says it's going to be a, "very, very busy window" for West Ham.

Time will tell.
  • Sounds about right. GK then Striker then i imagine Left Back will be the priority after.

that will be 4 plays including Aguerd.

Then another CM / AM to come in at the back end of the window.

Important we can nail down a Striker and Left Back for Pre-season.
  • That Darmesh chap on Sky is saying we're close and confident on finalising a five-year deal for Areola, that an official bid for Broja is imminent and we still hold an interest in Lingard.

He says it's going to be a, "very, very busy window" for West Ham.

Time will tell.

Sounds like he is quoting Ex.
  • Maybe he is ex….
  • Maybe he is ex….

• Who would people prefer Pope or Areola as the their transfer fees are quoted as similar & but reckon the former’s wages may be less?
  • Either or, for me. Both very good 'keepers, and a similar age.

Would be very happy with either of them.
  • Areola I think for me.
  • Pope but either is fine.
  • edited June 2022
    Areola, as I don’t rate Pope - think he’s off to Newcastle anyway.
  • I think both are decent keepers, I don't think there's much in it. I would say that we probably haven't seen the best of Areola, as he was a bit part player. I think with a longer run of games he shows us more of his ability
  • I'd take either, no preference on who

Think I'd stick with Areola as he's already here and had a year to integrate with the squad and get settled, even if he hasn't played that much
  • C&H report another £120m available after Aguerd
  • I can see why Moyes want JWP but personally I wouldn’t target him. He will cost over £50m & I don’t think he’s worth that amount. However he could play in a 3 with Soucek & Rice.
  • C&H also report Masuaku will not be at the club come the start of the season, whether sold, loaned or contract cancelled.
  • Lukerz said:

C&H report another £120m available after Aguerd

Why would you publicise your budget? 🤦🏼

• They are just going on the reported £150M - £30M = £120M?
  • But it’s an imaginary £150m.
  • Lukerz said:

C&H also report Masuaku will not be at the club come the start of the season, whether sold, loaned or contract cancelled.

Unsurprising

Good for everyone to move on
  • IronHerb, In that case can I imagine we have got over £200 million+ to spend and can compete with the likes of Tottenham & Arsenal.
  • edited June 2022
    Great business by Chelsea, sell Lukaku, buy him back for for over 3 times what you sold him for, have him sit on your bench for a season, then loan him back to the club you paid nearly £100m for him, for a £7m loan fee.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61889086
  • Stealing Paul Pogba's thunder!
  • I should've said 'we should be all over that' :)
  • You have to sometimes shake your head over Chelsea's transfer dealings. Of course, with their clout,they get great players but they have wasted many hundreds of millions over the years. Shocking really.
  • Reports that Nick Pope will have a medical at Newcastle today. So much for the reports they were after Areola
  • Maybe they were but failed to get him.
  • It did seem like the rumours were that we were after Areola with Pope as a backup, and they were after Pope with Areola as a backup.
  • I can understand why Areola would come here and spend a season on loan as backup with a view to replacing Fabianski as first choice but I doubt he'd want to go to Newcastle as Pope's backup or Pope as Areola's backup,

Newcastle have offloaded Woodman to Preston North End (undisclosed fee) but they still have Dubravka and Darlow on contract until 2025
This discussion has been closed.