The Transfer Window

Comments

• It’s probably Masuaku we’re looking to replace rather than Cresswell.

Ideally a starting LB comes in, Cresswell relegated to back-up, and Masuaku offloaded if we can would be the best outcome imo.
  • I think we are linked with Luca Pellegrini he would be a decent replacement we can get Ogbonna to have a word, easy this transfer lark lol
  • alderz said:

And as an attacking threat, he's all too predictable. Rarely takes on his man on the outside, so it's almost always a pass inside. When he does get a bit of space, he takes a touch and swings in a cross. 2 goals and 7 assist last season is far from terrible, but I'm not sure how many of those were from open play (alderz?).

According to WhoScored, 2 from corners, 3 from free kicks, 2 from open play.

Something to consider is that he's incredibly effective from set pieces which are generally recognised as a huge weapon for us. That's 5 assists from set pieces for him, which is the same amount as Fornals and Bowen combined.
    Is that enough to keep in the team though, do you think? I'd be surprised if we couldn't find another left back that could offer a similar amount of assists whilst also providing better defensive attributes.
    Tbh I don’t think it matters if he’s getting assists from open play or set pieces as long as he’s getting them. But no, I don’t think it’s enough, and I think we do need another left back. Either to replace him or rotate with him
  • Good start with the Aguerd signing. CB positions covered:

Zouma (Dawson) and Aguerd (Ogbonna).

Diop will presumably be allowed to leave now, and Alese loaned out for experience. Hopefully we can secure Areola soon and then target a ST, LB, AM and CM.

Standard is reporting that Moyes is after six more signings.

Not sure that allowing Diop to leave would be a good idea.

Dawson is nearing the end of hos career and there is considerable uncertainly about the kind of Ogbonna that will return from injury. We need strength in reserve that would suggest Diop should stay unless Moyes can't improve him or if he thinks that younger Academy reserves can make the step up.
  • Worth noting that eleven Premier League clubs haven't signed any senior players so far

What the hell are doing?!!They should be all over this by now!
    Dreadful,just dreadful planning.

• Tagliafico, who we were after last summer, is available for €4m apparently. He’d be good competition for Cresswell.

• Slacker, One signing doesn’t cover for six/seven spots in the squad. Let’s see how many players the 11 who have yet to sign anyone get & who they are. 😉
  • Doesn't matter who they get does it? Teams play in different ways with different systems so someone we consider a good player may not suit our system and vice versa.
  • Ex is linking us to Tagliafico, Hickey and En Nesyri
  • IronHerb said:

Doesn't matter who they get does it? Teams play in different ways with different systems so someone we consider a good player may not suit our system and vice versa.

Why doesn’t it matter there will always be players who will improve any team. 🤔

• Lukerz said:
    Coincidentally, I'm going on holiday soon. I picked up a Broja from the travel agents (do they exist anymore?) recently
  • alderz said:

Ex is linking us to Tagliafico, Hickey and En Nesyri

He's also saying Broja is high on Moyes list. So that's En-Nesyri, Broja and Dennis that he says we're keen on; how do we rank them?

Instinctively I think I'd want Broja of those three, but the other two are probably more versatile and can play out wide as well as through the middle.
  • Shouldn’t we be concentrating on one main target per position as IF true it looks like our old scattergun approach. 😬
  • Shouldn’t we be concentrating on one main target per position as IF true it looks like our old scattergun approach. 😬

I think it’s a huge risk to only have one target.

Look at Man Utd with De Jong. Barca know he’s their one target, so they are playing hard ball with the fee. Same as Sancho with Dortmund.

I think those names have all been linked for a while, so it doesn’t feel scatter gun to me

I think we need two strikers.
  • Tagliafico at €4mil seems a bargain

I'll be happy with Broja as well, may not be prolific but he's a unit who has age in his side
  • Bazshuayi said:

Coincidentally, I'm going on holiday soon. I picked up a Broja from the travel agents (do they exist anymore?) recently

Someone's left their coat here.

Anyone know whose it is?
  • edited June 2022
    Broja would definitely be my first choice tbh, but not for stupid money and certainly not with a buy back clause unless it was 3 times what we paid for him and only valid during June of 2023 and 2024.

We have to get someone in, we can't afford to let this go to the end of the window in case we're left with no-one, and unfortunately I think any deal involving Broja will be too complicated; Chelsea will find plenty of takers for him on loan towards the end of the window imo should he not be part of their plans for next season.

So realistically I think we'll go in for En-Nesyri as our main realistic target as I said a few pages back unless Chelsea surprise us and we manage a fair, early deal with them for Broja.
  • edited June 2022

IronHerb said:

Doesn't matter who they get does it? Teams play in different ways with different systems so someone we consider a good player may not suit our system and vice versa.

Difference between any and every?

Also, if you make a list of 4 strikers who'll improve any team ( your definition) no 1 team will sign all 4. As long as they get one that they want, who cares what club signs the other 3.

Focus on our own needs, resources and strategy. Ignore what everyone else is doing. They are starting from a different place, taking a different route...
  • MrsGrey said:

IronHerb said:

Also, if you make a list of 4 strikers who'll improve any team ( your definition) no 1 team will sign all 4. As long as they get one that they want, who cares what club signs the other 3.

Focus on our own needs, resources and strategy. Ignore what everyone else is doing. They are starting from a different place, taking a different route...
    I thought that was what I said. 😂
  • I've tried to focus on our own needs and ignore what everyone else is doing but it's not easy. After all, Slacker has been boozing in the garden all afternoon and I'm waiting on the latest report.
  • IronHerb said:

MrsGrey said:

IronHerb said:

Yeah but I like to use lots of words 🤣
  • MrsGrey said:

IronHerb said:

MrsGrey said:

IronHerb said:

Yeah but I like to use lots of words 🤣
    I didn't want to say that, but now that you mention it......
  • Apparently, Fabrizio Romano has linked us to Orkun Kokcu from Feyenoord. I have never ever heard of him
  • Sounds like a Turkish meal
  • alderz said:

Apparently, Fabrizio Romano has linked us to Orkun Kokcu from Feyenoord. I have never ever heard of him

Ah , now you’re talking.
    Always been on my radar, me and his dad were really strong back in the day. He loved a pint in The Central before the game and was always banging on about how good his boy was and that one day he’d play in the claret and blue.
    Any news on the shirt number?

• Toney would be my number 1 striker target but I imagine he’s going to be very hard to prize away from Brentford.

I am not against Broja although he only had a good half season. But he is only 20. For me it has to be a straight buy, not a loan.
  • Broja for me
  • alderz said:

Apparently, Fabrizio Romano has linked us to Orkun Kokcu from Feyenoord. I have never ever heard of him

I have my coat and I am not touching that one!
This discussion has been closed.