The Transfer Window

Comments

• I'm cool with that. Don't fancy him

#Oh Nketiah we will never know
  • That was predictable with Aubameyang and Lacazette both gone

Only Elneny, Xhaka, Holding and Leno left from the pre-Arteta era
  • It was predictable that Arsenal wanted to keep him, but less obvious that he’d want to stay, particularly with them apparently planning to drop £60m on Jesus. I’d be shocked if Nketiah was their first choice striker.
  • alderz said:

It was predictable that Arsenal wanted to keep him, but less obvious that he’d want to stay, particularly with them apparently planning to drop £60m on Jesus. I’d be shocked if Nketiah was their first choice striker.

Gabriel Jesus is clear of Nketiah

But Jesus is also quite versatile, can see him being used left, right, centre....with Europe there are plenty of chances for both

I'm not bothered though
  • Left Back and GK wrapped up next
    then Striker
    then CM
    then AM
  • Left Back and GK wrapped up next
    then Striker
    then CM
    then AM

I don’t think Aguerd is coming in as a left back. If he is, I’d be pretty disappointed that we’re dropping £30m on a fullback that has barely played fullback in his career.
  • Aguerd is to take over from Ogbonna as season progresses (potentially immediately).
  • edited June 2022
    And Rennes have said farewell to Aguerd:

They clearly hold him in very high regard. I think he's a starting CB straight off the bat. Hopefully a defensive spine of Areola, Zouma and Aguerd; all French speakers so comms should be all good.

Not sure what Aguerd's Scouse is like though 🤔
  • Competition for Dawson
  • edited June 2022
    Ogbonna, if anything.

Zouma/ Dawson on the right, Aguerd/Ogbonna on the left.
  • Aguerd is coming in as part if the first XI next to Zouma

Dawson is amazing and has been a great servant, but this guy is an upgrade (on paper) and he's going to allow us to be a bit more progressive
  • When I was searching how to say his name there some very impressive clips. Defending is always very hard to judge from clips but he seems very mobile.
  • I agree not having a natural left sided cb hurt when ogbonna was injured so good signing if it happens
  • OCS, He may not need to understand scouse. 🤞
  • alderz said:

Left Back and GK wrapped up next
    then Striker
    then CM
    then AM

I don’t think Aguerd is coming in as a left back. If he is, I’d be pretty disappointed that we’re dropping £30m on a fullback that has barely played fullback in his career.
    I think Yeold is saying wrap up a GK and LB next. Not Aguerd as a LB.
  • Aguerd is coming in as part if the first XI next to Zouma

Dawson is amazing and has been a great servant, but this guy is an upgrade (on paper) and he's going to allow us to be a bit more progressive

Who knows though, I mean we splashed out how much on that huge hit Vlasic and how often was he in the starting 11 ……
  • When I was searching how to say his name there some very impressive clips. Defending is always very hard to judge from clips but he seems very mobile.

I agree totally but it did make me wonder what Issa Diop would look like on youtube highlights/clips ?
  • I assume Diop will be leaving. Let's hope Ogbonna stays fit if he does.
  • Just checked one out from March 2021 and he looks awesome !
  • Who knows though, I mean we splashed out how much on that huge hit Vlasic and how often was he in the starting 11 ……

jay, I can only see this being a problem if DM trys to play Aguerd CF.
  • Who knows though, I mean we splashed out how much on that huge hit Vlasic and how often was he in the starting 11 ……

jay, I can only see this being a problem if DM trys to play Aguerd CF.

If Antonio gets injured he might have to 🤣😂
  • jay, Based on our extremely long scouting process in identifying a new striker that may well prove to be the case. 😬
  • Dim recollection of Ian Pearce or someone playing CF cos all our strikers were unavailable

Lingard scored 3 in 3 as a CF for us and as I mentioned earlier Moyes doesn't seem to do proper "strikers"
  • ASLEF, Yes as shown with Antonio.
  • edited June 2022
    There’s also nothing to say Vlasic wouldn’t be a success. I’d keep him, personally, certainly over signing Sarr. He’s young & has clearly bought into the club spirits

When Vlasic gets 5 games as an attacking midfielder, we’ll be able to judge him. I wouldn’t judge Bowen for 5 games at CM.
  • Benrahma’s a better CAM than Vlasic. So he’s way down the pecking order to get that space. I think he was done during that period when Moyes was heavily rotating the squad and still not even using him as a sub.
  • Looking forward to seeing our first signing :)
  • Lukerz said:

There’s also nothing to say Vlasic wouldn’t be a success. I’d keep him, personally, certainly over signing Sarr. He’s young & has clearly bought into the club spirits

When Vlasic gets 5 games as an attacking midfielder, we’ll be able to judge him. I wouldn’t judge Bowen for 5 games at CM.

Rumours from Italy (TuttoMercato) that Vlasic is close to joining Torino on loan.

Good for the player with the World Cup coming up, but further depletes our squad. If he does go, we must be bringing in at least one AM.
  • Dennis is cheap and a half a season wonder... It will be him :)

We've taken an age to get in a relatively unknown defender! Attackers who are in demand will take at least until January :-O and yes, I am not being specific on which January

Yes, I am being negative in a prove me wrong/devils advocate surprise me type of way
  • edited June 2022
    Moyes being Moyes I think we're gonna go in for En-Nesyri as our main forward target; we seem to have a habit under Moyes of going back in for players we've shown an interest in during previous windows.
This discussion has been closed.