The Transfer Window

Comments

• I think I’ll go with Dave.
  • Is that Ag-where-d 'ell is 'e?
  • edited June 2022
    He's not French, so that's probably way off. The surname is probably Berber, so even Arabic stations say it wrong as well.

But on Moroccan TV it's pronounced Nay-ef Ag-erd.

• Naff and haggard, doesn't exactly sound like a great signing
  • Ag-wah-do-erz is how I'd say it.
  • Mane to Bayern for 35M 'we should've been all over that' ;)
  • Bazshuayi said:

Mane to Bayern for 35M 'we should've been all over that' ;)

Know he's 30 with 1 year left on his deal but seems a shocking deal for liverpool

Mane is world class, top of his form and a key player for them.....plus he seems.to take care of himself outside of football and is never injured....he'd go on at this level till hes 34/35

Seems risky replacing someone like him for a relatively unproven, and expensive, player like Nunes.....advantage City
  • They've replaced him with Dias. If he hadn't fit in so well then I doubt they'd have sold Mane. As it is, if he'd got a year left at 30 and isn't signing a new contract or an extension at least they got a chunk of money for him rather than got Pogba'd.

Jota can also play left side as well as competing with Nunes and Firmino for central attacking slot (and to a far lesser extent Minamino unless he suddenly acclimatizes). Harvey Elliot is back up for Salah. So they still have 5 attackers competing for 3 places even without Elliot.
  • Bazshuayi said:

They've replaced him with Dias. If he hadn't fit in so well then I doubt they'd have sold Mane. As it is, if he'd got a year left at 30 and isn't signing a new contract or an extension at least they got a chunk of money for him rather than got Pogba'd.

Jota can also play left side as well as competing with Nunes and Firmino for central attacking slot (and to a far lesser extent Minamino unless he suddenly acclimatizes). Harvey Elliot is back up for Salah. So they still have 5 attackers competing for 3 places even without Elliot.

I see that, but I still think its a really low fee

Also I'm not sure I'm sold on the Dias hype, he's a brilliant player but I don't think he'll be hitting Mane levels at least not this season

Also there is a chance they'll be losing both Salah and Firminio on a free, while Salah is obviously the bigger loss...losing either for free would be another piece of bad business

Just think this sale gives City a clear edge as they've brought in Haaland and that Alvarez kid and could be signing Cucurella/Phillips
  • Vlasic being offered on loan, let’s see if we can get our firsts team squad down to 15 players and go iron man mode for the season :p
  • I agree, for someone of Mane's level the fee should be higher but I am guessing he wants to go to Bayern so there'll be no other club able to build up a higher bid. I am also assuming they tried to get him to sign a new deal or at least an extension and when that didnt happen it was a case of them getting what they could in the last year of contract (and cutting the Nunez fee significantly)

Vlasic being available for loan implies strongly that he doesnt do enough in training or on the pitch for Moyes to currently consider him a viable option. If he does well, maybe we'll get our money bac for him.

As always, we'll have to wait and see if we sign someone that Moyes does think will fit the bill
  • Vlasic being available for loan implies strongly that he doesnt do enough in training or on the pitch for Moyes to currently consider him a viable option. If he does well, maybe we'll get our money bac for him.

As always, we'll have to wait and see if we sign someone that Moyes does think will fit the bill

Maybe he could sign another CAM and then play him out on the wing. Oh no he has already tried that. :p
  • edited June 2022
    Having given him a chance, I’m now wondering what on earth Newman (and Moyes) have been doing. Areola should have been simple (option to buy already in place), while Aguerd ha# been promised since before the transfer window opened and “just needed pushed over the line”. Looks like we may sneak them in before training starts, we may not get anyone else in till later in the window, and last minute buys are often not the best. We are losing out on some alleged targets, and even in this mad month something must be true!
    Happy to be proved wrong, but players will not “improve the squad” when there is no one left to compare them to?
    ….. even Brady is reported to be leaving, and she was rumoured to be our backup striker option!
    Getting my moans in early this window! ⚒
  • Vlasic has been a waste of money

Was strange we went for him, as he is a #10 which we don't always play with....but he's just looked so out of his depth when he has played

We can't spend upwards of £25mil and afford for them to be unsuccessful

Feel for him, but we can't afford to carry players
  • Having given him a chance, I’m now wondering what on earth Newman (and Moyes) have been doing. Areola should have been simple (option to buy already in place), while Aguerd ha# been promised since before the transfer window opened and “just needed pushed over the line”. Looks like we may sneak them in before training starts, we may not get anyone else in till later in the window, and last minute buys are often not the best. We are losing out on some alleged targets, and even in this mad month something must be true!
    Happy to be proved wrong, but players will not “improve the squad” when there is no one left to compare them to?
    ….. even Brady is reported to be leaving, and she was rumoured to be our backup striker option!
    Getting my moans in early this window! ⚒

It’s mid June.

• Croatian website Dalmatinski links Vlasic with Torino and a return to his boyhood club Hajduk Split. Hadjuk Split finished 2nd in the Prva Liga which qualifies them for the 3rd Qualifying round of the Europa Conference.

You know what happens next...

90 mins says we've made an enquiry about Burnley's Dwight McNeil along with Newcastle, Tottenham, Everton, Brentford and Fulham. Newcastle also linked with Nick Pope and Maxwel Cornet.

Spurs have signed Yves Bissouma so we can all stop fretting that he's coming here
  • Scot, an option to buy doesn’t make it any easier to sign someone than if it wasn’t there. An obligation to buy is a different story.
  • Scot, an option to buy doesn’t make it any easier to sign someone than if it wasn’t there. An obligation to buy is a different story.

My understanding was that the permanent deal with PSG was already agreed should we want to keep Areola beyond the loan.

So it should be easier as the negotiations with his club had already been done.

The difficulty appears to be around the personal terms (not helped, I understand, by his agent passing away).
  • The difficulty appears to be around the personal terms (not helped, I understand, by his agent passing away).

• Slacker said:

<
    It’s mid June.

But the players start to return soon because of the early season start.

Scot, an option to buy doesn’t make it any easier to sign someone than if it wasn’t there. An obligation to buy is a different story.

My point was surely we have had a season to establish what his personal terms would be with hi# agent?
  • edited June 2022
    Spurs have signed Yves Bissouma so we can all stop fretting that he's coming here.

I thought it was more a case of fretting that he was not joining us.

It’s mid June.

How long do we need to decide on our transfer targets? We have been looking to sign a new striker for years and that is no exaggeration.

• I’d rather we didn’t sign Sarr or Dennis.
  • Spurs have signed Yves Bissouma so we can all stop fretting that he's coming here.

I thought it was more a case of fretting that he was not joining us

I’ll say it again, but I’m very happy that someone on bail and still under investigation for sexual assault is not joining us, and I think it reflects very poorly on Spurs as a club.
  • Yep we already have the cat kicker getting boos. No need to double the number and make it easy for the media to slag us off more. He may be innocent, he may be guilty. You know if we signed him what that verdict would ultimately be!
  • edited June 2022
    I must admit that I may have a slight snigger at the spuds should he be prosecuted =)
  • Just to say he’s not on bail 👍🏻
  • Aguerd has said farewell to the Rennes fans on social media, so he's definitely leaving.

Presumably to us. Less than 48hrs to find out.
  • Just to say he’s not on bail 👍🏻

Sorry, yes just checked this. He was on bail for six months, but is currently released under investigation.
  • Nketiah signs a new contract with Arsenal:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61852053
This discussion has been closed.